I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Andysol shared his 1099 story with Chase on r/churning. Something is definitely amiss with Chase on Marriott clicks. It seems like Chase is having issues accurately tracking the points people earned via Marriott support clicks.

An excerpt of his comment:
So the Marriott card went from $1,000 to $1,800 on mine and $1,000 to $1,200 on P2. I received no retention credits or anything last year but did do a 50k upgrade... but that was for P2, not me. So that makes it even weirder.
Adding for clarity: Andy later confirmed that both he and his wife maxed out at 5 clicks for 100k Marriott points so none of this makes sense...

Last edited:

Not related to churning (although it will involve a hotel stay... which I am unfortunately paying for out of pocket), but we are traveling by motorcycle to the four corners area tomorrow morning. Related to churning, we both need new front tires so yay for things that help meet MSR!

Also related to churning, I just found out (suppose I should have known) that there is a Graduation Fee before I can get my diploma! (Last class is over on September 4). I guess that's a small yay for things that help meet MSR!

Can Am? I can't imagine two motorcycles needing front tires at the same time. Well, reading closer I guess it is two different bikes

We were in China during early-mid June. One out of 4 days spent in the Beijing area had bad air pollution. Our first full day the sky was so blue I felt like I was in southern Utah---seriously. The other 2 days seemed just hazy. Shanghai was a bit different because it rained A LOT. And one day the pollution was so bad we couldn't see across to the adjacent building when we were up on an observation floor across the river from the Bund.

No pollution in Xi'an. I would go back to that city in a hot second. Very walkable if you stay inside the walls.

I thought Beijing was fascinating with all the history everywhere. I think it helped that we were touring with a small group lead by friends who grew up in Beijing and who return every year to visit family. We didn't have crowds at the Forbidden City and at the Summer Palace. Tiananmen Square was pretty crowded. We went to a portion of the Wall where Western tourists don't go mainly because it's further out from the city. There were still lots of Chinese tourists!

I like wandering around Shanghai, seeing the combination of little side streets with old buildings and then huge glitzy shops. We had the best Indian food of our lives (so far lol) in Shanghai!
We loved China. Visited Beijing, Wuhan and Guangzhou. One night in HK on the way home, so we only saw it for the hotel windows but views were gorgeous. Pollution in Beijing wasn’t bad when we were there. Loved Forbidden City and toured a hutong, climbed the wall at Badaling which wasn’t too crowded when we were there, mostly Chinese. Would like to see Summer Palace and a few other historic sites. There’s so much I want to see, I’d love to be there for a month Sadly neither my job or wallet will allow it. China is so huge and diverse, to me saying I’d never go back is like someone saying they’d never go back to the US after visiting one city. I felt like our trip was similar to traveling to NYC, Chicago and somewhere in Florida but we missed the whole rest of the country.
You guys weren't joking about the Barclay Biz website being a piece a crap. I paid car registrations three days ago and transactions aren't showing up at all. It's a good thing I don't want to keep this card in my wallet. The website would drive me bonkers.
Make sure the check your account close closely. You will have a master account and an account for your card. You may not see your charges if you’re not looking at the right account. It’s bizarre.
Why can the CCs not send the payment reminder emails if you are already have the payment scheduled? If no payment scheduled = send email reminder else send no email. So silly. I don't need a reminder for something I have already done.
A pet peeve of mine. I mean it’s computerized, write an extra line of code to fix it.
To each his own, as is obvious by reading everyone's comments. We LOVED China, but we didn't have the crowds and smog in Beijing and other places. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Same.
Yep, I have done that many times. Discover even let me schedule the same payment twice.
I accidentally paid my mortgage twice. Had to ask Chase to reverse one of the payments:rolleyes1
Had a baby last week (our second) and now time to apply for the Plat so this hospital bill can *earn* some points haha

Also I give up catching up so I’ll pay attention again from here.
Congratulations!!

There’s been a lot of talk at work lately about HSAs and the impact they have when it comes time to start Part A Medicare. It’s apparently a hot topic at the moment and we might have to quickly react to something and implement a very expensive change for very little bang for our buck.

Hmm ... keep us informed if you learn more. I thought he said that he could use it for any medical reason easily, or even to buy a car (or whatever) pretty easy. Can't remember if age was involved or what.

I'm getting an ad for VIP tours at DLR. I've never seen them advertised in a banner ad anywhere and it's clearly a google one. I guess all of our various party talk and the tour talk from earlier this week/last week made it pop up. It's a nice ad with plaid background. They must also think I have more money than I really do :)

I'm getting an ad for VIP tours at DLR. I've never seen them advertised in a banner ad anywhere and it's clearly a google one. I guess all of our various party talk and the tour talk from earlier this week/last week made it pop up. It's a nice ad with plaid background. They must also think I have more money than I really do :)

Thats not how it works - they are hoping that YOU think you have more money than you really do. :D

Just wanted to post and thank everyone for there great advice/knowledge on obtaining great cc's with great rewards. We left NY on Friday for 2 weeks out west. We got free flights for our family of 5 roundtrip to Albuquerque (7,500pts each way, 75k total) from my JetBlue Business card (plus free checked luggage both ways). Rented a minivan for 2 weeks for 51K UR points, 3 nights for Springhill Suites in Albuquerque with Marriott Bonvoy (37,500 pts), 2 nights at a Hampton Inn in Flagstaff for approx. 30K pts, and we are presently staying at a Sonesta Suites for 4 nights in Scottsdale on 42K UR points. The Sonesta Suites is a great resort, which includes hot breakfast and managers reception nightly with beer and wine. Our last 5 days will be in Las Vegas staying at the Palazzo which I booked via Hotwire before I found this group. I cannot believe how much money we saved by using points. One thing I noticed was how important it was to book EARLY, the cost/points almost doubled for some of our reservations as it got closer to the trip. My dh has gotten 2 CIP's and I will be getting my second one when we return home. Thanks again!!!

Thanks to everyone who sent kind thoughts for MIL. The official diagnosis is lymphoma, stage II. We are very thankful that there are a lot of treatment options & she is otherwise in good health. Can only hope for the best there.

I am about to take off for London with my mom & feeling kind of lousy about leaving DF alone with this relatively new situation. He is totally fine with it, though. :p Just a guilt thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter