• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you even bother with umbrellas or rain jackets or is it pointless?

I hope you’re both having an amazing time! @afan , sorry you weren’t able to catch sadness (that sounds bad out of context :confused3)

Yes on a poncho or something. If there's a downpour and you can't wait it out you'll be soaked which in the ac will suck because it's blasting everywhere. I've def needed to thaw out after a few bus rides.

Sadness is back! (Which also sounds weird) so I'm in line again. My next fp isn't until 1045 so I've got time but it's probably at least a half hour wait. But they do such a good meet and don't rush so I don't mind a ton.

We are also on a private VIP tour for GE opening day! We had no luck getting Oga's though, so congrats! By the time I found out reservations opened up they were all gone. I'm hoping we will get to experience it during our preview before opening day.
I remember seeing you post about this. You guys arent starting your tour early in the morning, right? We have 3 groups of 10, so we went with majority who wanted 8 am to 3 pm. Personally DH and I would have preferred to start closer to 10 am. We enjoy sleeping in, especially on trips without DS, but we will totally wake up super early if it means expedited access to GE and fitting in tons of rides in multiple parks. Our APs arent active right now, so we missed out on the AP previews.

Omg I can barely do anything on the board today because I keep getting pop ups. It’s even happening on opera which I’ve never had happen before
I have been having this issue for a few months, on every browser on my phone. Its sporadic and drives me nuts.

Yes on a poncho or something. If there's a downpour and you can't wait it out you'll be soaked which in the ac will suck because it's blasting everywhere. I've def needed to thaw out after a few bus rides.

Sadness is back! (Which also sounds weird) so I'm in line again. My next fp isn't until 1045 so I've got time but it's probably at least a half hour wait. But they do such a good meet and don't rush so I don't mind a ton.
I got rained on so hard, it soaked my rain jacket completely through to the inside. Bought an umbrella for the rest of the trip.

Bought sb which went up to 21.99 to keep my streak alive. Got the email from chase about an online charge but the sb aren't in my acct. This should be interesting. Been doing it since wed with no issue.
Boo on the price change :(

So bummed that I wasn’t targeted for the 10 percent off insurance payment on my Amex BBP as I have a $600 Geico premium due 9/9.

However, Chase targeted me for 5 times point on my Hyatt card for insurance payments and also 5,000 points to upgrade to the new WOH card. Seems like an easy 8000 Hyatt points which will get me a free night at a Category 2.

Today in my informed delivery I see my serve card, yay! Also an invitation for that first birthday... which has reminded me, that I have not gotten an invitation to a family wedding that is in october... a week ago another family member told me they had gotten theirs "the other day" and while it's normal for us to get ours a day or two later than all the family that is within 100 miles of the sender... nada.

All my VGC are in my Serve account now! I hit up the second WM this morning and did 3 swipes. So Friday afternoon is bad due to waiting on crowds. Saturday morning (9ish) is bad as there was only one cashier at first! I did her line, super quick. Hit the money center - slow but by then a second cashier line had opened so I did that. I still had one more to liquidate and decided to try out the FD that was on the way home. That worked as well.

Before WM, I had gone to the staples across the street. This one had some VGCs. I picked up two. Probably should have grabbed more as the cashier didn't even bat an eye that I got more than one.

$1200/6000 UR for just the cost of my time. Not bad for my first time out. Now waiting on verification of my bank on serve and will move it out. Is moving too quickly or all at once triggers for shutdown?

Capital One teased me with the T&C mail earlier this week. Just got an email that my card shipped and should be here mid-late next week. Hurry up! I really want to use that on Plastiq with the 1.5% offer to pay on the auto loan. That will take care of MSR and I can just focus on the Delta MSR. It is so hard for me to use AMEX on Plastiq. I have a car loan and mortgage but can't use Amex. Oh well, it will come with me when I go to Colorado at the end of the month.

Joy and Sadness are so much fun. Always a great meet. Can't wait to see the pics. One of the cm's was telling me that riley was sad cause her cereal box didn't have the promised toy. She seems a bit too old to be bummed about that but sure dude.

I remember seeing you post about this. You guys arent starting your tour early in the morning, right? We have 3 groups of 10, so we went with majority who wanted 8 am to 3 pm. Personally DH and I would have preferred to start closer to 10 am. We enjoy sleeping in, especially on trips without DS, but we will totally wake up super early if it means expedited access to GE and fitting in tons of rides in multiple parks. Our APs arent active right now, so we missed out on the AP previews.

I have been having this issue for a few months, on every browser on my phone. Its sporadic and drives me nuts.

I think we are timing it to get the VIP access to HEA right at the end of the tour. Plus, we like sleeping in. So, we won’t be in until the afternoon.

Just thought I’d share that I’ve been buying the $100 VGCs at Kroger for 4x fuel points and 5% back at Dosh recently. I got a notification yesterday that one of my purchases was rejected after it had been pending for a while, but I logged in just now and it had credited, as well as multiple others. This has been a great deal for me since I’ve been doing MSRs on hilton cards with 6x grocery multipliers. I get about $5.20 back from Dosh on each VGC, and I value the fuel points at $6.80 for the amount of fuel I put in my car.

@snugglebug - have you finalized your accommodations after the Hyatt fiasco? When are you coming again? I’ve been meaning to circle back with some touring help if you still need it before your trip. We’re heading down to Disneyland next week, so time is running out.

As for Korean BBQ. YAASSS!

In San Francisco, I can think of offhand:

YakiniQ (in Japantown, near a garage; all-you-can-eat grill your own BBQ with unlimited banchan; draws a line on weekends, but there’s a cute cafe downstairs where you can wait - try their sweet potato latte. Good food and excellent value at $22 per person for AYCE, and something like $27 if you want AYCE with the more premium meats.)

Han Il Kwan (in the Richmond, street parking, real authentic, high quality but a bit pricey. It’s something of a destination. Literally, bus loads of Korean tourists get dropped off for dinner here.)

And two new Korean restaurants are getting a lot of positive buzz and drawing long lines:

Daeho Kalbijjim (in Japantown pretty much right next to YakiniQ, heard really good things and is on our to try list, but we haven’t yet been.)

um.ma (Inner Sunset, right next to Golden Gate Park and near the California Academy of Sciences, Japanese Tea Garden, Music Concourse, DeYoung Museum. Really loved everything we tried here. It has a bit of a hip upscale vibe, very clean modern decor, hip hop music playing, and a back patio dining area that’d be nice on warmer nights. Food is rooted in authenticity, but has a contemporary feel.)

Santa Clara is kind of the Bay Area home of Korean BBQ, but it’s a bit far for me to travel and recommend.

Oakland has some really well regarded Korean restaurants, and the two that come immediately to mind is Jong Ga and Ohgane — both of which offer AYCE BBQ.

YakiniQ, Daeho Kalbijjim, um.ma, Jong Ga, and Ohgane are on Yelp Waitlist so get on that to cut your wait.

Hope this helps get you started. Check Yelp for pictures and reviews, and off course the waitlist.
Thank you! I will share these with him.

We leave Friday. I finally got confirmation from the Holiday Inn Oakland for my reservation (double King accessible with 2 rollaways :) ). I'm getting the GoCard for each of us that includes 3 activities- Escape From the Rock cruise, 1 day Muni Pass and then we'll choose something on the fly (Aquarium or Academy of Science probably). Other than that just driving and walking around to see things. My health has plummeted this week so I'm needing to tone things down and not try to squeeze too much in.

I never did Ebates/Rakuten until the MR option dropped and then decided it was worth it since extra MR’s are kind of hard to get (at least for me). I have been happy with it...seems to have more options than other portals. Only certain categories but even Amazon is on there. 7972 MR points that were incredibly easy to get were deposited in my account this last pay back period.
That's great! I decided to go for the MR option :)
As for Korean BBQ. YAASSS!

In San Francisco, I can think of offhand:

YakiniQ (in Japantown, near a garage; all-you-can-eat grill your own BBQ with unlimited banchan; draws a line on weekends, but there’s a cute cafe downstairs where you can wait - try their sweet potato latte. Good food and excellent value at $22 per person for AYCE, and something like $27 if you want AYCE with the more premium meats.)

Han Il Kwan (in the Richmond, street parking, real authentic, high quality but a bit pricey. It’s something of a destination. Literally, bus loads of Korean tourists get dropped off for dinner here.)

And two new Korean restaurants are getting a lot of positive buzz and drawing long lines:

Daeho Kalbijjim (in Japantown pretty much right next to YakiniQ, heard really good things and is on our to try list, but we haven’t yet been.)

um.ma (Inner Sunset, right next to Golden Gate Park and near the California Academy of Sciences, Japanese Tea Garden, Music Concourse, DeYoung Museum. Really loved everything we tried here. It has a bit of a hip upscale vibe, very clean modern decor, hip hop music playing, and a back patio dining area that’d be nice on warmer nights. Food is rooted in authenticity, but has a contemporary feel.)

Santa Clara is kind of the Bay Area home of Korean BBQ, but it’s a bit far for me to travel and recommend.

Oakland has some really well regarded Korean restaurants, and the two that come immediately to mind is Jong Ga and Ohgane — both of which offer AYCE BBQ.

YakiniQ, Daeho Kalbijjim, um.ma, Jong Ga, and Ohgane are on Yelp Waitlist so get on that to cut your wait.

Hope this helps get you started. Check Yelp for pictures and reviews, and off course the waitlist.
Saved for later---love, love good Korean BBQ. We went to a North Korean BBQ restaurant in Beijing (with our Beijinger friends)---food was amazing, the North Korean young women working there weren't too sure about Americans lol
Just thought I’d share that I’ve been buying the $100 VGCs at Kroger for 4x fuel points and 5% back at Dosh recently. I got a notification yesterday that one of my purchases was rejected after it had been pending for a while, but I logged in just now and it had credited, as well as multiple others. This has been a great deal for me since I’ve been doing MSRs on hilton cards with 6x grocery multipliers. I get about $5.20 back from Dosh on each VGC, and I value the fuel points at $6.80 for the amount of fuel I put in my car.
My Dosh is soooooooo lame :sad2:

two week absence (WBC stay etc) and I try to access DIS Churners for update of this thread and I get archive info . what did I miss . why was it archived . my guess TMI issue or Tin Hat . basically the same thing at least to me . PM if secret hand shake is needed . hee

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter