• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these Serve load success stories are making me wish my card was already here. Hoping I have as much success at our local WM. Would be a super easy place to stop several times a week.

I'm finally hammering out the details for our Labor Day trip. We are doing Movies for 3 nights, then moving to Swan for the last 2 nights. Booked a private VIP tour with some other agents for GE opening day!! I'm so excited!! Was able to snag Oga's about an hour after the tour will end so that should be fun. We have the Frozen dessert party scheduled for our last night of this trip so we can watch Illuminations one more time before it's gone. Trying to decide if i want to try to fit in another dessert party or maybe MNSSHP. DH isn't really into doing the Halloween party without DS though. Decisions, decisions. :scratchin

We are also on a private VIP tour for GE opening day! We had no luck getting Oga's though, so congrats! By the time I found out reservations opened up they were all gone. I'm hoping we will get to experience it during our preview before opening day.

Last edited:
I would go to the one on Vineland. I like it better although I think others disagree. Bottom line though is Vineland is a lot closer to WDW. Since you are doing Lyft you won’t have to worry about parking. Absolutely you can do gift cards. Just no other discounts apply. When you shop if you see something you like just grab it and sort out later if you want it at end. It is really busy! :)

Thanks! That's what I thought for everything. I'm sure it'll be busy when I get there. My adr is at 2. But I've been wanting to go and couldn't fit it in. With the dis pandora party tonight I don't need to be at ak until late but I want to take the resort bus so as long as I leave by 9 I'm good.

Been meeting nice people and made some friends. Having so much fun I haven't posted on my fb since wed :D

I went to this one last week (on a Fri around noon) and it was an absolute zoo! The line was weaving all over the place and people didn’t want to let you through when you said excuse me and were just trying to leave the store. And parking was a nightmare. We broke down and paid the $10 for the garage.
Yep we don’t like the ones on Vineland at all. Parking is absolutely terrible.

Bought sb which went up to 21.99 to keep my streak alive. Got the email from chase about an online charge but the sb aren't in my acct. This should be interesting. Been doing it since wed with no issue.

Omg I can barely do anything on the board today because I keep getting pop ups. It’s even happening on opera which I’ve never had happen before

Frustrating! I’ve never had issues with Opera on iOS but it doesn’t surprise me that some of those ads find ways to get around even Opera. Maybe try closing all tabs and clearing browsing history.

@afan , @wendow how is the heat in the parks? We’ve never been in August before and I know we’re in for a scorcher. Have you found a time of day when the heat drops a bit in the evening? Planning to finalize our FP today and wondering if evening is the way to go (we’re not early morning people).

I hope you’re both having an awesome time!!

@afan , @wendow how is the heat in the parks? We’ve never been in August before and I know we’re in for a scorcher. Have you found a time of day when the heat drops a bit in the evening? Planning to finalize our FP today and wondering if evening is the way to go (we’re not early morning people).

It’s been brutal. We normally go in early Sept so I didn’t think early Aug would be that different but it’s been harder to deal with. We’re still hanging in the parks pretty much from open to close but desperately seeking out shade any chance we can. Evenings are better but really only if rain comes through and somewhat lingers or you wait til pretty late in the evening. Yesterday, it was still surface of the sun from 8am til about 6pm.

We use cooling towels and misting fans. Those both help. We’re taking lots more air conditioned breaks than usual! Definitely build those into your plans.

Hope you have a great trip!

We are taking my mom with us for our Universal trip on Thurs. I thought we would just hang by the pool at Cabana Bay and find some place for dinner probably offsite since she has mobility issues. And then she said well when she went with my other sister, she had got her an electric scooter so she could get around and go into the parks with her. I hadn’t been planning to buy her park tickets since she would probably not get on any rides. (She’s 76 and I can’t even remember her getting on the rides when I was a kid many moons ago.) All that to say, I now feel obligated to get her a scooter, at least. Any suggestions where to get one?

It's better if it rains. Evening is better but you may/will get downpours and maybe tstorms. So I wouldn't rely on just evening. You can do well at rd and it's low 80s now. Heat isn't my issue, the humidity is. If it was just hot it'd be ok but the humidity hangs and clings to you and mixes with the sweat. Fun times 😀

My plan to rd joy & sadness with my sadness ears failed. 3rd family in line but sadness was with riley. I pinkie promised joy I'd come back so sadness can see them. Which is what I want to do and have the time I just was hoping to avoid their line. Oh well. Single rider tt since it was closed for my fp thurs.

We are taking my mom with us for our Universal trip on Thurs. I thought we would just hang by the pool at Cabana Bay and find some place for dinner probably offsite since she has mobility issues. And then she said well when she went with my other sister, she had got her an electric scooter so she could get around and go into the parks with her. I hadn’t been planning to buy her park tickets since she would probably not get on any rides. (She’s 76 and I can’t even remember her getting on the rides when I was a kid many moons ago.) All that to say, I now feel obligated to get her a scooter, at least. Any suggestions where to get one?

We used scootaround a couple years ago. I was able to rent through the UR portal and they delivered to our resort.

It’s been brutal. We normally go in early Sept so I didn’t think early Aug would be that different but it’s been harder to deal with. We’re still hanging in the parks pretty much from open to close but desperately seeking out shade any chance we can. Evenings are better but really only if rain comes through and somewhat lingers or you wait til pretty late in the evening. Yesterday, it was still surface of the sun from 8am til about 6pm.

We use cooling towels and misting fans. Those both help. We’re taking lots more air conditioned breaks than usual! Definitely build those into your plans.

Hope you have a great trip!
It's better if it rains. Evening is better but you may/will get downpours and maybe tstorms. So I wouldn't rely on just evening. You can do well at rd and it's low 80s now. Heat isn't my issue, the humidity is. If it was just hot it'd be ok but the humidity hangs and clings to you and mixes with the sweat. Fun times 😀

Thanks (I think)! I knew it would be hot but somehow hoped evenings would be better. Silly me! Thanks for the reminder on the misting fan. We’ll definitely bring ours. Cooling towels are already packed. Those things do work great. Hats, sunglasses and oodles of sunscreen (the kind that dries matte to hopefully prevent the oil slick). Do you even bother with umbrellas or rain jackets or is it pointless?

I hope you’re both having an amazing time! @afan , sorry you weren’t able to catch sadness (that sounds bad out of context :confused3).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter