• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now if Starbucks was like Costco and offered some AWESOME branded merch with the card, it would TOTALLY make it worth it. 🤦‍♂️ Could you imagine this offer PLUS an insulated tumbler? SOLD 😉

I should say that this offer came at the totally wrong time for me because I'm currently on day 17 of no Starbucks for me, which is basically a world record. But, this Disney diet is serious if I want to eat to my stomach's content on my September trip. And by my stomach's content I mean absolutely absurdly full of delicious F&W treats and saving the bigger sizes of my shorts to wear at the end of our weeklong trip.

Man, Chase must be desperate to get people to get the Starbucks card. I just got an email offer that now it's 6500 stars after spending $500 and no AF the first year. PLUS an extra 300 stars the first time you use the card at a Starbucks.
Now if Starbucks was like Costco and offered some AWESOME branded merch with the card, it would TOTALLY make it worth it. 🤦‍♂️ Could you imagine this offer PLUS an insulated tumbler? SOLD 😉

Don't you know you can now redeem Starbucks Rewards Stars towards merchandise? 400 Stars for any item under $20!

With this ALL-TIME BEST SIGNUP BONUS, you can get 17 TUMBLERS! DING DING DING DING! SOLD!

Hey, I could get a lot of venti iced peppermint mochas though...
Yummmmmmmmm!
I've decided I'm going to do this too, and I think Sam's is best.

They're eVGCs, so they can't be used in store; only online.

What I don't like about these small fixed denomination cards is you have to under pay and be left with a small balance, or if you buy something more expensive than the balance then most shopping carts won't let you use an additional credit card; you'll have to split payment with a gift card.

Sam's allows you to split payment on several (3?) credit cards, so you can use up the $200 and $100 pretty easily in one transaction with 2x $150 DGC packs (2x$144.98=$289.96), and I'm thinking just load the remaining balance $10.04 balance to Amazon or something. Or, you could spend the combined $300 towards a $500 DGC (priced at $484.98), but you'd need to cover the additional $184.98. You could buy a $200 Walmart eGC from Gyft (3x UR with CIP through PayPal checkout, 5x UR on CIC through PayPal checkout), but the lower 3x or 5x return will lower your overall % discount on the DGCs, unless you happen to be working on an MSR for these cards; and then you'll still be left with a $15.02 Walmart/Sam's credit.
That's usually what I do with the small balances left over...load to Amazon.

Did you open a biz card for him first? I am thinking that makes a difference starting with biz cards since that account can hold personal cards and not the other way around. I had 3 personal card before my CIP#1. I used the same exact name for CIP#2 and it automatically showed up in my biz account after approval.
According to my handy dandy spreadsheet... Dh had a CIP first and then applied for his CSR. So that must be why. I’m not sure why his CIP2 and 3 were added to his account and mine wasn’t.

I should say that this offer came at the totally wrong time for me because I'm currently on day 17 of no Starbucks for me, which is basically a world record. But, this Disney diet is serious if I want to eat to my stomach's content on my September trip. And by my stomach's content I mean absolutely absurdly full of delicious F&W treats and saving the bigger sizes of my shorts to wear at the end of our weeklong trip.
I feel like my entire life is perpetually dieting in between WDW trips! I also save more comfortable clothing for the later days. Too funny! Sometimes you just need that extra space! 😂

Yeah, there was some news a few weeks ago that Amazon will block you (error out?) if you do it too often. Hasn't hit me yet, but I think it happened to @speedyfishy.

Happened to me and my SO. I now have a baggie full of giftcards with $1.41 or $1.01 on them that I need to liquidate. I was thinking of making another account or pissing off a cashier at target lol

Understandable!! Did you win trivia!?

Haha no. At the half we were in 5th and then fell to last. There was only two of us. We're trying to get it going as a monthly alumnae event for my sorority because the seattle chapter stays in seattle and it's just not conducive for us south of the city. Hopefully next month we'll get some more peoole and they fill in our gaps.

Happened to me and my SO. I now have a baggie full of giftcards with $1.41 or $1.01 on them that I need to liquidate. I was thinking of making another account or pissing off a cashier at target lol
Wonder how many swipes you can do at self checkout? Although, depending on the time of day that might just annoy other folks (I'm probably more ok with that if it's one of my regular Targets :p)

Don't you know you can now redeem Starbucks Rewards Stars towards merchandise? 400 Stars for any item under $20!

With this ALL-TIME BEST SIGNUP BONUS, you can get 17 TUMBLERS! DING DING DING DING! SOLD!

I already have at least a dozen mugs. And a good number of tumblers. I had more but the kids take them and I never see them again, and I mostly don't care. There's a few that are hands off.

I've decided I'm going to do this too, and I think Sam's is best.

They're eVGCs, so they can't be used in store; only online.

What I don't like about these small fixed denomination cards is you have to under pay and be left with a small balance, or if you buy something more expensive than the balance then most shopping carts won't let you use an additional credit card; you'll have to split payment with a gift card.

Sam's allows you to split payment on several (3?) credit cards, so you can use up the $200 and $100 pretty easily in one transaction with 2x $150 DGC packs (2x$144.98=$289.96), and I'm thinking just load the remaining balance $10.04 balance to Amazon or something. Or, you could spend the combined $300 towards a $500 DGC (priced at $484.98), but you'd need to cover the additional $184.98. You could buy a $200 Walmart eGC from Gyft (3x UR with CIP through PayPal checkout, 5x UR on CIC through PayPal checkout), but the lower 3x or 5x return will lower your overall % discount on the DGCs, unless you happen to be working on an MSR for these cards; and then you'll still be left with a $15.02 Walmart/Sam's credit.

Official Sam's Payment Info:
Up to 4 credit cards and 4 Walmart or Sam's GCs can be used per order. Only 2 Visa cards though, ie you can do 2 Visas, 2 MCs, 4 GCs all in one order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter