• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course! It's very simple. You just head out to the normal passenger pickup are and go to either end, rideshare is only supposed to pick up in those areas. When you request an uber I'm the app, it will ask you which end you are on. When you open the uber app, there will even be a message telling you where to go for that airport. The app will tell you the drivers name, car type and color, and license plate number. You can also watch their progress on a map. If you just start typing in Walt Disney World Dolphin as your destination it will come up in the list.

Typically we take an uber x for 2 people plus luggage, usually 3 carry on size bags. It runs around $30ish and I usually tip $5 or $6, unless our driver is really great (especially as we normally are late arrivals). They'll take you right to the drop off for the Dolphin.

One other thing, Lyft works the same. So unless you are trying to use some uber credits, I would set up accounts with both apps. Then if you run into surge pricing on uber, you could try Lyft. Or even just compare pricing before you choose upon arrival at MCO. Both will give you a fare estimate once you put in your destination. I've only run into surge pricing in Orlando twice, both times it was after midnight, but also both times Lyft did not have surge going so it was half the cost.
Sound advise to have both Uber/Lyft. I typically open both if I don't have a promo on one. I look at price and how far away the driver is. If it is a couple dollars different and Uber is 5 minutes further out than Lyft, I will pay more to get picked up quicker.

Thanks again everyone for the Chicago recommendations! I accidentally found Calder’s Flamingo and FaceTimed DS so he could see it, hit Giordano’s for deep dish pizza (have to say I was not a fan, sauce belongs under the cheese), then we hit Buckingham Fountain and the “Bean.” I have to say, I had no idea we were so close to the Willis Tower when we left the pizza place. Tomorrow night we are heading to Chicago Cut. I did request a patio table so we could overlook the river.View attachment 418052View attachment 418053View attachment 418054
Great pictures! Enjoy Chicago Cut...patio sounds nice but it is going to be crazy hot and humid! Stay hydrated!

Man, Chase must be desperate to get people to get the Starbucks card. I just got an email offer that now it's 6500 stars after spending $500 and no AF the first year. PLUS an extra 300 stars the first time you use the card at a Starbucks.
... cue dh emailing me about the offer ... "Is this good?" "No--and remember we have a plan that does not involve a Starbucks card!"

:rotfl:

.....and still not any good.

Hey, I could get a lot of venti iced peppermint mochas though...

... cue dh emailing me about the offer ... "Is this good?" "No--and remember we have a plan that does not involve a Starbucks card!"

DH has tried to convince me to get it multiple times :rotfl2: I'm like "would you rather fly first class internationally for free, or get your grande dark roast for free?"

After all of the discussion yesterday about Citi AA biz denials for having accounts open, I had success last night closing mine via chat. I've read mixed reports of success but I'm happy to report mine shows $0 available credit today.
Planning to apply for a new one tomorrow!
Are you using a mailer? I'm still lost on this.

We enjoyed Chicago as well just a couple months ago. Giordano's pizza was awesome. And we also bought the City Pass with UR points to go to the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium and a couple other spots. We were hoping to make it to Michael Jordan's Steakhouse since we enjoyed it in NYC a couple years ago but never did. But I agree Chicago is fabulous!
Unfortunately, I have training until 4 pm so we are missing the museums, aquarium, etc since they close at 5:30/6:00 pm. We went over to Shedd the first afternoon got there at 5 pm and said no thank you to paying $40 for one hour. But I feel like we are seeing a lot.

Mine is there too... I'm going to buy $300 in Vanilla GF and use them to buy DGC. I'm guessing Sam's is the best place?

I've decided I'm going to do this too, and I think Sam's is best.

They're eVGCs, so they can't be used in store; only online.

What I don't like about these small fixed denomination cards is you have to under pay and be left with a small balance, or if you buy something more expensive than the balance then most shopping carts won't let you use an additional credit card; you'll have to split payment with a gift card.

Sam's allows you to split payment on several (3?) credit cards, so you can use up the $200 and $100 pretty easily in one transaction with 2x $150 DGC packs (2x$144.98=$289.96), and I'm thinking just load the remaining balance $10.04 balance to Amazon or something. Or, you could spend the combined $300 towards a $500 DGC (priced at $484.98), but you'd need to cover the additional $184.98. You could buy a $200 Walmart eGC from Gyft (3x UR with CIP through PayPal checkout, 5x UR on CIC through PayPal checkout), but the lower 3x or 5x return will lower your overall % discount on the DGCs, unless you happen to be working on an MSR for these cards; and then you'll still be left with a $15.02 Walmart/Sam's credit.

Last edited:
For some reason all of dh’s chase cards have been put on the same account automatically while I’ve had to make separate accounts for all of mine. His CSR, Southwest biz, and all three CIPs got put on the same account lol
Did you open a biz card for him first? I am thinking that makes a difference starting with biz cards since that account can hold personal cards and not the other way around. I had 3 personal card before my CIP#1. I used the same exact name for CIP#2 and it automatically showed up in my biz account after approval.

I didn’t get charged the AF either and Did the PC a few months ago! I think I’m gonna buy a $100 Disney GC for our upcoming trip.
You are stronger than me! lol It was hard seeing that high negative balance for so long. I threw a WDW activity on there for an upcoming trip to eat the cost. Figured it coded 2x so it was ok.

Mine was supposed to post on July 1st and still nothing.
Maybe we are all lucky? :scratchin

All time best offer!
Hey, I could get a lot of venti iced peppermint mochas though...
DH has tried to convince me to get it multiple times :rotfl2: I'm like "would you rather fly first class internationally for free, or get your grande dark roast for free?"
Now if Starbucks was like Costco and offered some AWESOME branded merch with the card, it would TOTALLY make it worth it. 🤦‍♂️ Could you imagine this offer PLUS an insulated tumbler? SOLD 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter