I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cashed out mine and DH's MR's today. I had 150,000 and DH had 50,000 (before AMEX decided it did not like us anymore). Got $2000 worth of Carnival Corp Gift Cards. Going to use those to pay off our Princess Cruise to Alaska in June.

The phone cases are sort of hard to see...they are hanging along the check out line....very bad location...if I hadn’t been waiting on the line to buy something else I would of missed them
When we were there in April, they were with the pins and lanyards. Have they moved them? I got my dd16 a Mickey one. Was so tempted by them all for the price!

Dh was approved for the BBP! Still got the dreaded pop-up. Even though I've put about 2k worth of spend on his Amex cards over the last two months and he has a new corporate card he is actively spending on, pop up was still there. So hard for me to open a card with no bonus but I needed a place to park his MR's and his only MR-earning card was the biz green which I will be closing soon. At least I will get 15k MR from the deal!

Not sure...maybe they have them both places now...I was there the end of May
Sounds like your experience is more recent so they probably moved them. I liked them by the pins cause I'd never noticed them until this trip but I always look at pins and once I am up at the register, I'm too distracted to see much.
I saw the Cinderella one that you must have gotten! Loved it! I debated between that one and the Mickey for my dd.

We do get free breakfast since we’re gold members. I’m not sure which hotel has the best breakfast.

Our only plan is to head to Disney springs so the closest to that would be the best. We’ll have our car so we can always drive if we have to
IME, you are going to be offered a free continental breakfast and can pay to upgrade to the full hot breakfast. That has been the case at the full service hiltons I have been to anyways.

ETA: @Haley R here is the info from the gold/diamond breakfast tracking thread on Flyertalk...

• Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace: Breakfast in restaurant. Continental buffet free every day; Full buffet $7 Mon-Sat or $10 Sun. Sunday includes characters (regardless of free or full breakfast.) Gold, 4/2018.
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: Continental breakfast in lounge (a conference room for the holidays to increase space, in which case it may be an intermediate breakfast). Upgrade to breakfast in restaurant for $7 Mon-Sat and $10 on Sundays (more recent post says $11 for upgrade to “Character Breakfast” – not sure if this is the same as the Sunday breakfast previously reported)
  • Doubletree Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista at Disney, Florida: Continental breakfast in restaurant for Golds ($5.99 to upgrade to full). Full breakfast in restaurant for Diamonds.

Dh was approved for the BBP! Still got the dreaded pop-up. Even though I've put about 2k worth of spend on his Amex cards over the last two months and he has a new corporate card he is actively spending on, pop up was still there. So hard for me to open a card with no bonus but I needed a place to park his MR's and his only MR-earning card was the biz green which I will be closing soon. At least I will get 15k MR from the deal!
This is us EXACTLY! Minus the corp card. I put more than $2k, and still pop up, but I got the $15k and now when I cancel his Gold and Green later this year, we can keep the MR's

I don't think I have ever done a self -referral, just referred from p1 to p2 and vice versa. I think...pretty sure
Same - and this should be emphasized to all here... NEVER do a self referral if you can possibly do a P1=>P2 or P2=>P1 referral. That action is much safer. I would embrace this with Amex and Chase whenever possible :)

We've always talked about this but I figured it was worth pointing out. I understand that for some people this isn't possible though.

Same - and this should be emphasized to all here... NEVER do a self referral if you can possibly do a P1=>P2 or P2=>P1 referral. That action is much safer. I would embrace this with Amex and Chase whenever possible :)

We've always talked about this but I figured it was worth pointing out. I understand that for some people this isn't possible though.

like me! lonely P1 here.
im still waiting to see if they will claw mine back. mine is 30k right now, so ill report back when it does.
meanwhile, i somehow got some kind of Accelerated bonus. im not sure what this is about but i asked and was told because i paid my balance off early? it was a lovely 8k more MRs this month.

like me! lonely P1 here.
im still waiting to see if they will claw mine back. mine is 30k right now, so ill report back when it does.
meanwhile, i somehow got some kind of Accelerated bonus. im not sure what this is about but i asked and was told because i paid my balance off early? it was a lovely 8k more MRs this month.
Hmm Google yields little information from my 60 seconds of searching but there were some very old DPs of this happening on FT. Could be Amex trying to pull forward rewards expenses.

q

Thanks! We'll be flying out of SMF on the 27th, so will check it out! We have a positioning flight down to LAX, then hopping onto Delta One to Amsterdam. I'm looking forward to visiting the Delta Sky Club lounge down there too. If only they had the Centurion lounge open in time...who knows, it could happen!

I hope the LAX Sky Club is okay for you-my BFF was super disappointed when she was there last week but I think there are 3 and maybe she went to a not great one (also, she's a bit of a divaprincess:).

I just checked my Amex MR balance and so far so good but I suspect I'll be checking it constantly for weeks, since they tend to roll things out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!