I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep in the mind, the character warehouse is incredibly hit or miss. We've been 4 times and one time, I found tons of parks merch that was actively being sold and at like 1/4 of the cost in the park. Other times, I just have found a bunch of the DCL or AKL merch that no one wanted lol. We will stop by when we are in Orlando after my dh's biz trip so hopefully there is good stuff. Key is go when they first open for the best selection.
Ah yeah we won’t be going right when they open because we’ll be at Dave and busters. I guess we’ll just see what they have when we go

I hope the LAX Sky Club is okay for you-my BFF was super disappointed when she was there last week but I think there are 3 and maybe she went to a not great one (also, she's a bit of a divaprincess:).

I just checked my Amex MR balance and so far so good but I suspect I'll be checking it constantly for weeks, since they tend to roll things out...
Well, I'm a lounge newbie so anything free will impress me, lol! My only lounge experience so far was the LAS Centurion lounge and that was pretty great.

I'll be obsessively checking my MR balance too. So far I'm OK, but I did just self-refer last week, so we'll see what happens....

Sounds like your experience is more recent so they probably moved them. I liked them by the pins cause I'd never noticed them until this trip but I always look at pins and once I am up at the register, I'm too distracted to see much.
I saw the Cinderella one that you must have gotten! Loved it! I debated between that one and the Mickey for my dd.
I think they probably put them there for those last minute purchases as you are standing in line killing time and thinking I could use that and I could use that...

Well, I'm a lounge newbie so anything free will impress me, lol! My only lounge experience so far was the LAS Centurion lounge and that was pretty great.

I'll be obsessively checking my MR balance too. So far I'm OK, but I did just self-refer last week, so we'll see what happens....
Just checked mine also and I still have my 20k. It was only one referral for the BBP so whatever. DH doesn’t have any MR cards so it’s not like I could use his.

my guess is anyone who self refer to a card they already have is whats causing it. ie the Green card or biz green --> green card or big green card are caught in this clawback.
all others seem okay so far. This is just a guess at the moment.

edit: if anyone is part of this clawback and paid taxes, here is what a CPA thinks of this situation. -->

Well, I'm a lounge newbie so anything free will impress me, lol! My only lounge experience so far was the LAS Centurion lounge and that was pretty great

I'm pretty happy if I can find a place to charge, use a cleaner bathroom with better tp AND free diet coke.

My favorites have self serve drinks (American Admirals PHL, United Polaris IAH, SkyClub DTW), nice restrooms and very few children (oh who am I fooling, no children, lol). So far, I've been most impressed with the American Admirals Lounge in PHL (sad because the flight was not good) and Delta International Terminal in ATL.

Honestly I'm much more concerned about the report of the MR account locked than losing a few MRs. That can get nasty quick. This particular person had 130k clawed back and so far it doesn't look like we have DPs of smaller amounts (only 20k or 10k) being clawed back. Hopefully they ended up under review due to the large amount of MRs Amex clawed back vs everyone who had claw backs being put under review.

my guess is anyone who self refer to a card they already have is whats causing it. ie the Green card or biz green --> green card or big green card are caught in this clawback.
all others seem okay so far. This is just a guess at the moment.

edit: if anyone is part of this clawback and paid taxes, here is what a CPA thinks of this situation. -->
This sounds like very solid CPA advice. Exactly what I would - I'm not a CPA or tax geek, it's just logical imho.

Honestly I'm much more concerned about the report of the MR account locked than losing a few MRs. That can get nasty quick. This particular person had 130k clawed back and so far it doesn't look like we have DPs of smaller amounts (only 20k or 10k) being clawed back. Hopefully they ended up under review due to the large amount of MRs Amex clawed back vs everyone who had claw backs being put under review.
This is where it can “get real”! They might lock all your MRs for months while they research. It’s terrible but they do it!

This is where it can “get real”! They might lock all your MRs for months while they research. It’s terrible but they do it!

Seriously. It's the financial review part that scares me.

@elgerber - not wishing to add to your current woes.....but......

My Amex Delta Biz Gold SUB has finally posted :bounce::banana::Pinkbounc 70k miles plus 10k goodwill miles for the delay. They posted with the 4th statement close since meeting the spend back in March.

Also....P2 just got instant approval for Amex BBP using my referral. :thumbsup2

Amex is my friend again.
What happened? Why did it take so long?

IME, you are going to be offered a free continental breakfast and can pay to upgrade to the full hot breakfast. That has been the case at the full service hiltons I have been to anyways.

ETA: @Haley R here is the info from the gold/diamond breakfast tracking thread on Flyertalk...

• Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace: Breakfast in restaurant. Continental buffet free every day; Full buffet $7 Mon-Sat or $10 Sun. Sunday includes characters (regardless of free or full breakfast.) Gold, 4/2018.
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: Continental breakfast in lounge (a conference room for the holidays to increase space, in which case it may be an intermediate breakfast). Upgrade to breakfast in restaurant for $7 Mon-Sat and $10 on Sundays (more recent post says $11 for upgrade to “Character Breakfast” – not sure if this is the same as the Sunday breakfast previously reported)
  • Doubletree Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista at Disney, Florida: Continental breakfast in restaurant for Golds ($5.99 to upgrade to full). Full breakfast in restaurant for Diamonds.
Thanks! We’re gonna stay at the doubletree. Dh is gonna wake up early for the continental breakfast and we’re gonna keep the 10:20 am ADR at homecomin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!