I love being the age I'm at because.............

Yes to this. My kids are 20 and 14 and I’m 38. My son graduates college next year and DD graduates high school when I’m 41. Having them young had its pros and cons but being at this stage is a big pro. Kids are self sufficient and on their own and we’re young enough to travel and enjoy it but old enough to afford it too.

It's crazy.......... my oldest DS is 40 and his darlings are only 3 and 2 . The only thing I do regret about my grands being so young is the fact that I won't watch them grow up. But I don't dwell on that. I just enjoy every day I can with them. :love:

Last edited:

Is there anything good about being 48? There's things I love about my life right now, my age isn't one of them though.
My opinion I guess is a lot depends on physical condition. If your body feels good so the mind will
Follow. Many things great about 48, I am 75.
Jack

I’m still blessed to be alive. Im 56 and still get to go to my job of 34 years with the knowledge that I can retire whenever I want, and other than needing to take off some weight I’m still in pretty good health.

When I was first diagnosed with this Alpha 1 lung disease, my 200 year old Lung Dr at the time told me to forego any transfusions because I probably only had a year, possibly two left. That was the summer of 2013.
Didn't mean to marginalize others such as yourself. That's fantastic.

I say that because going back 4 generations, I'm the first to make it past 43. My brother is the 2nd.

because I’m not old and I am not young.

because my kids are at really fun ages and they still like me and think I am their whole world!

because people take me more seriously now, especially at work.

because sometimes people will think I look younger than I am. (God, I Iove that!!)

because finances are more stable at my age. I can afford vacations, getting my hair done, all the extra things that were hard to afford in my younger years.

because my body still feels good and I am actually healthier and in better shape than ever.

because I know myself better and what my priorities are.

because I have the energy to work full-time in a demanding career while raising 3 kids and managing a house!

I turn 39 this year!
39??????? Seriously, I have socks older then that!

I say that because going back 4 generations, I'm the first to make it past 43. My brother is the 2nd.
I don't make life length targets. They are not achievable by ourselves, it really isn't in our control. I'm not even sure anything controls it. The week my father passed, he felt great. He felt so great that he took out the ladder and fixed a leak in his porch roof. Exactly one week later he was dead. Massive heart attack! He died at 74, I will be 73 this summer. My mother lived to be 87 and up until around 85 she was very active, traveling and socializing constantly. Then along came Pulmonary Fibrosis. Neither one of them had anyway of controlling either one of those outcomes. If I were to make any goals I would aim for 73 first, then 74, then 75 and so on. Wouldn't change the ultimate ending, but at least it was a more attainable series of goals. I had three cousins that were born around the same time I was. All were athletic and slim. One died at 58. He ran into someone's knife about 5 times in a bar fight. Another was 67 very athletic but in his later years he over used his elbow to drink from his "coffee" cup all day long. Liver gave out on him. The youngest was 61 she was fit, but also was a heavy drinker and had a bleed out in an alcohol related arterial rupture. They all had controllable ways to avoid dying young, but just chose to ignore them. But, at some point in time something was going to catch up. We cannot escape it. Don't mean to sound like Debby Downer, but facts are facts.

Not a death story, but an amazing set of circumstances involving myself and two of my 1st cousins. To begin with we were all born on the same day, in the same hospital within an hour of each other. Sadly one was born with cystic fibrosis and passed before his 1st birthday. The other lived in the same area as us to begin with and we did spend some time together over the years. When I turned 15 we moved from New York State to Vermont. After that until today, I have not had any direct contact with him. The completely spooky thing was unbeknownst to either one of us we shared a best friend. Not the most unusual thing, but when I got engaged and we set a date for the wedding, I called my friend that still lived in NY State and asked him to be my best man. Turns out that my same day cousin had already asked him to be his best man, getting married on the same day, both of us had married a woman named Gail. And therein lies my only claim to fame.

I don't make life length targets. They are not achievable by ourselves, it really isn't in our control. I'm not even sure anything controls it. The week my father passed, he felt great. He felt so great that he took out the ladder and fixed a leak in his porch roof. Exactly one week later he was dead. Massive heart attack! He died at 74, I will be 73 this summer.
Yes, I was in DC, my mother was in Europe, brother still in high school. I got home and my brother said dad thought he was coming down with the flu and went to bed early. Woke up the next morning to a note saying he went to the annual club basketball game. After the game, he was found collapsed in the locker room. My brother and I got a call from one of his friends at the hospital. Massive heart attack also. I already knew in the back of my mind as we drove to the next town to the hospital. It was the most difficult time I had driving at 19 (well, the ride home obviously was tougher.) He unfortunately was only 43.

Didn't take it as marginalizing at all. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter