I love being the age I'm at because.............

In my early 50s. House is paid off. Kids are at the age that they are at home and enjoy still doing things with us but also at the age where they are more independent and DH and I can go out without them.

I’m 63 - pretty happy with my life as I’m old enough that I no longer care what people think of me. I no longer feel that I have to do things I don’t want to do, like going to wedding/baby showers, huge family gatherings, etc. We no longer have big debts, we have more disposable income so we can do more things we want to do, and travel. We are in reason good health. We have a lot to be thankful for and I appreciate time more than things.

I'm 72, the body started to give out when I turned 67 and has been one thing or the other since then. Nothing that has killed me yet, but might have, just didn't. I got a lot of traveling in during my life so it isn't all that important to me now, but I did have some back issues that prevented me from walking for long distances or standing for any amount of time without pain. That has been drastically improved and just about when that happened, Covid 19 took over. Since I am my age and I have COPD my daughters insisted that I stay away from the human race, but it went on to long, so I ventured out sparingly and cautiously. I have not enjoyed the last year, but I am still alive, still mobile and am looking forward to when all the restrictions are dismissed and can become part of the world again.

Because I'm a young empty-nester. It's fun watching the girls be so independent and doing well. But I'm lower 40s so still plenty to do and look forward to.

Me too! My youngest graduates next year and I’ll be 44. Oldest is a freshman in college this year and I’m loving my new relationship with her as an adult. Youngest has been an adult since he was 5 😂 We’ll be finished with their college and have our house paid off before 50.

because I’m not old and I am not young.

because my kids are at really fun ages and they still like me and think I am their whole world!

because people take me more seriously now, especially at work.

because sometimes people will think I look younger than I am. (God, I Iove that!!)

because finances are more stable at my age. I can afford vacations, getting my hair done, all the extra things that were hard to afford in my younger years.

because my body still feels good and I am actually healthier and in better shape than ever.

because I know myself better and what my priorities are.

because I have the energy to work full-time in a demanding career while raising 3 kids and managing a house!

I turn 39 this year!

Mid thirties. I got my own home, fixed job with regular income, have enough to spare for fun things, which I couldn't when I was ten years younger. But I do not have physical aches and pains yet of the older people.

Mid thirties. I got my own home, fixed job with regular income, have enough to spare for fun things, which I couldn't when I was ten years younger. But I do not have physical aches and pains yet of the older people.

You don't? I suppose I don't have it consistently yet, but I have injured myself just by stretching in bed at this point.

You don't? I suppose I don't have it consistently yet, but I have injured myself just by stretching in bed at this point.
I do feel my body isn't 18 anymore, and I can't survive a day on 2 hours of sleep anymore ;-) But my back and my joints all seem fine for now.
Other thing I have noticed that in when I was young, I studied with music or the tv on, could be any kind of music or tv show. I cannot do that anymore. Either it has to be calming classic music or tv/videos I have seen a 100 times.

Because I'm a young empty-nester. It's fun watching the girls be so independent and doing well. But I'm lower 40s so still plenty to do and look forward to.
Me too! My youngest graduates next year and I’ll be 44. Oldest is a freshman in college this year and I’m loving my new relationship with her as an adult. Youngest has been an adult since he was 5 😂 We’ll be finished with their college and have our house paid off before 50.

Another here. Not so much that I love this age, but that I'm happy to be at this life stage at this age.

Most of my peers are having babies, buying bigger houses, and struggling to save. My kids are fairly self-sufficient (ages 15-22) and we recently downsized our house so we are at a completely different life stage than most people we know our age (39/40). We have the freedom and financial security to travel and retire from our high-stress jobs within the next few years, and we are still young and healthy enough to enjoy it. (Both my mom and my MIL have had some major health problems by their early-mid 50s, so I would be worried that I would not be able to do the things I want to if we weren't empty nesters until our 60s)

Another here. Not so much that I love this age, but that I'm happy to be at this life stage at this age.

Yes to this. My kids are 20 and 14 and I’m 38. My son graduates college next year and DD graduates high school when I’m 41. Having them young had its pros and cons but being at this stage is a big pro. Kids are self sufficient and on their own and we’re young enough to travel and enjoy it but old enough to afford it too.

Because my kids are grown. I loved every stage with them (ok, maybe not middle school.) Hanging out with adult kids is awesome. They like to do what I like to do now-brunch, watch R rated movies, Happy Hour.

Yesterday and today are perfect examples. Rare snow days in the normally sunny SW. No snowman building and muddy floors here though. DH and I are snugly inside drinking coffee and looking out at our beautiful white yard.

Last edited:
Having them young had its pros and cons but being at this stage is a big pro. Kids are self sufficient and on their own and we’re young enough to travel and enjoy it but old enough to afford it too.
We were just talking about this the other day. Most people we know think it's sad that we "missed out" when we were younger because we really never had any time "before kids". But we are actually really glad that we have the freedom to travel now instead of when we were young because we have the financial resources to do what we want without worrying about saving or accruing debt to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter