"I LOATHE the BUS..."

Thank you for your support of EVC people. Yes, I am overweight because excercise is a challenge....I'm trying....some days more successful than others. Hopefully things may becme a little better now that the surgeries are behind me.

Yes, you have no idea how much I would like to walk the parks like I did in the past. However, I thank God each day I'm simply ALIVE following a freak accident in 2008. Following the accident I have been left with a weak achilles and shattered knee. You have no idea how much I miss my freedom.

I try to make lemonaid from lemons - decorate my little scooter....ring my bike bell or little squeaky horn. Inside, however, I am jealous of all of you who can walk around World Showcase....like I could before June 4th, 2008.

I tolerate the intolerant more than my husband (I'm sure he remembers when life at WDW was easier).....but we now miss things at WDW we have done in the past because I just don't want to be in a situation which may be uncomfortable (crowds).

Next time you watch someone in a scooter....remember, many of us would give just about ANYTHING to be able to walk up the hill at International Gateway without pain.

Me too...and I'm completely ambulatory!!!! Here's hoping you don't run into too many 'less than sensitive' people in your travels.

Me too...and I'm completely ambulatory!!!! Here's hoping you don't run into too many 'less than sensitive' people in your travels.
Ahem. May we presume you meant the "encounter" definition of that phrase, and not its literal meaning? :rotfl2:

Ahem. May we presume you meant that figuratively, and not literally

Ahem. May we presume you meant the "encounter" definition of that phrase, and not its literal meaning? :rotfl2:

ECV's aren't the problem... it's those @$%^$ multiple strollers! :rotfl2:

Back to the original theme.Bus transportation (at Disney or anywhere ele) is PUBLIC transportation.
Enough said.
It's why we always drive:)

Welllllll, she may wish to 'run into some of those less than sensitive folks'...who knows. But that isn't exactly what I meant.

ECV's aren't the problem... it's those @$%^$ multiple strollers! :rotfl2:
Tell me about it. Man, I hate those things. And then you have to have the rest of the family walking side by side, beside the stroller.
And then they have to load the strollers onto the buses. My favorite??? When dad tried to load the double stroller, with kids in it, onto the bus. And that usually happens at the rear door. Then, you get to stand there, ready to board, and laugh when the rear door starts closing on the poor schlep who thinks it's okay to board there...even though it says 'exit only'!! They start screaming at the driver..who in turn tells them that the rear door is NOT for boarding the bus and to fold the stroller up and board from the front.

Loathe the busses? Not particularly my sentiment. I LOVE the busses! Definately has something to do with the fact that I come from a little corner of this earth that does not have accessible public transport as the norm. Heck, finding any accessible bus whether it being public or private, is a searchjob in and off itself.

I'm used to having to call at least 24 hours in advance if I'ld want to go anywhere using "public transport" -read; a system they put in place for anybody that can not use public transport due to disability-. Than cross my fingers to hope something shows up. Might be hours too early or too late, might have nothing show up. No "direct" route or even knowing upfront how the route will go. It might take 25 minutes to reach your destination, but that same destination could also take 4 hours thanks to some 'combination' of rides. For the return; same process. You can travel about 1000 miles a year, nationwide for an "affordable" rate. Beyond that you pay a jackpot price, way above public transport price (which for US-citizins would already sound like jackpot prices :lmao: ) No major changes are to be expected in at least quite some years.

Being used to deal with that and than coming down to WDW and use WDW-transportation? It's a breeze! I can get around onsite anywhere I want. It might mean I just missed my bus and will have to wait some time longer. Might mean there are already 2 wheelchair spots taken and I'ld have to wait for a second bus. It can take quite some time to get to DTD. But hey! I'm able to get there whenever I want to. No need to decide what you'll be doing 24+ hours in advance, no lack of transportation if you have to go back earlier than expected, I'm on vacation and thus not in a hurry, the list goes on and on.

Sure, I might have folks packed around me on busier times. Sure, some folks are totally unaware that reaching for the grabbar at certain points means they're basically shuving their armpit in front of my nose and not all armpits smell like roses after a hot day at the park. Sure, there will be stares, whispers, judgement etc. going on. But who cares!? I've got unlimited access to reliable, accessible transportation that is free of charge. I'm to busy enjoying myself to let something as minor as any of those things rain on my parade. Most of the times it's not even on my radar.

I am a true believer that additude can make a world of difference. Those that set foot on the bus expecting it'll be a dissapointing experience will be much more likely to find that confirmed than folks that are setting foot on the bus with a very laid back mindset. It's not and never will be all determining, but imho it is an important factor in how all of us experience the transportation options within WDW.

Those that loathe the bus? You are right to do yourself -and the bus users- a favor. Rent a car, stay at a monorail resort and go mainly to Epcot and MK, stay at the BWI, YC and/or BC and go mainly to Epcot and DHS, etc. Don't put yourself into a position that you already know you're going to loathe. No fun for anybody involved. Go with what suits your needs, likes and wants. :goodvibes

We have been riding the buses for since the early 90's. I for one do not want to have to drive my car while on vacation at WDW. I know that sometimes we have to wait a little extra time or stand on the buses when they are crowded, but so what I'm on vacation......................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter