I just paid $80 for 3 drinks at Trader Sam's!

Can you swap different glasses for a different drink? Or are you forced to just the menu?

We were watching a TV show set in a major metropolitan area on the West coast and a guy grimaced because, as an undercover cop, he had to order a drink at a bar. He ordered a martini. He gets it and the bartender said "$22". My husband and I gulped on our beers that we bought at the local grocery store for less than $1 each.

So, your drink is what you get, when you get it, and more importantly, where you get it.

Are these the only drinks? Hubby may check them out but I'm a wine girl.

I think they have a full stocked bar. You should be able to get wine or beer. But since it is a specialty bar, don't expect high end brands.

We walked right in and there were plenty of seats. Granted it was a Monday night. The hostess said Monday - Wed are slowest nights and it slows down a lot after 8:00 so keep that in mind.

DH and I did split the Uh-oa and yes we got the take home tiki bowl but funny they never mentioned we could order without the souvenir glass, hahahaha! I saw 2 guys order the Nautilus to drink by themselves. They did have the glasses in stock.

Definitely a super fun experience and the drinks were tasty and nice and strong, just be aware you are paying for it.

To the pp who asked, they also had some wine and beer on the menu, not sure about other kind of liquor though. Most of the specialty drinks were made with rum and tequila.

Are you guys kidding me? 80 bucks for 4 lousy drinks. Am I the only one that thinks that's grand larceny?

I'll be the cheapskate of the bunch. for almost 100 bucks I want a lot more to be going home with me than just a lousy glass.

You might want to take a peek at the Uh Oa "glass". It's more than just a glass.

Even the Hippopotamaitai glass is cooler than just a glass.

Disney is expensive. When you're getting a drink that is more than one serving and comes with basically a guacamole serving container once home, it's going to get expensive. :)

The prices are pretty average disney cocktail prices unless you want the cup too.

I agree.

I'm actually excited to try this place out. I'm definitely going to ask for no souvenir glass because I really have no use for them. But if I liked the look of the glass, I don't think the prices are out of the Disney realm.

You might want to take a peek at the Uh Oa "glass". It's more than just a glass.

Even the Hippopotamaitai glass is cooler than just a glass.

Disney is expensive. When you're getting a drink that is more than one serving and comes with basically a guacamole serving container once home, it's going to get expensive. :)

I agree.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

$_35.JPG

Seriously???

This is what you consider "more than a glass"? Ok, we are going to have to agree to disagree because this is pretty much is the definition of junk.

exactly what do you do with this when you get it home?

The most expensive drinks come with souvenir glassware. So, instead of buying a mug in a gift shop or the parks, you're getting it at a bar with some alcohol included. Plus, alcohol isn't cheap, even outside of Disney. We were out near home this weekend and spending $12-15 per drink without any signature glasses...which looks like it's on par with drinks at Trader Sam's that don't come with a specialty receptacle. I don't think the prices are horrible or surprising, but if you don't want to pay it...don't go.

it was so much fun, drinks were good, but $80 with tip!!! For 3 drinks!!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

We ordered...
Uh-Oa
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum
Margarita

Just wanted you to be prepared. Should have known when there were no prices on the drink menu. :P

Wth? And they weren't buckets or fish bowls!?
Hell, we just went to Tao in Manhattan and 4 drinks with tip didn't even come to that lol.

I consider myself a total cheapskate.. we asked about the prices before we ordered, just to be safe. But I didn't find the prices to be too horribly out of line. I think we paid about $100 for 3 drinks and an app, including tip. You're not just getting a drink and a souvenir - you're getting a show with them. We spent a good 2 hours there, thoroughly entertained the entire time. Sure, you could pay a bit less and sit at a bar and be bored, but I'll happily pay the premium to get an evening out of it. That said, I don't need any more souvenir glasses, so next week's tab is hopefully a bit less LOL Oh, and the drinks were strong.

Does anyone know if the Nautiluses (Nautilii?) are in stock to take home yet? They were serving them in May, but didn't have any you could actually take home.

I'm sorry OP, I'm not trying to be a pain or anything but Trader Sams prices aren't that much different than any other cocktail in WDW. Not to mention if the Trader Sams in WDW is anything like Trader Sams here in California, the ammount of alcohol they put in their drinks is far and above more than any other places in WDW or Disneyland Resort area.

Here are some examples.

POR Muddy Rivers Pool Bar
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/port-orleans-resort-riverside/muddy-rivers/menus/

$9.25 - $10.25 per mixed drink.

Bongos Cuban Cafe
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney/bongos-cuban-cafe/menus/dinner/

$12-$15 per mixed drink.

Margarita Stand in DTD
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/downtown-disney/dockside-margaritas/menus/

$9.75 - $13 per mixed drink.

Those are all kind of different venues yet all have similar prices for Disney Cocktails. I feel your original post is kind of misleading for people wanting to try Trader Sams. Of course if you buy a souvenir glass, everything is more expensive, but that is the buyers fault for wanting a souvenir glass.

As I said in my first sentence though, Trader Sams here in Cali has way more alcohol in it than anywhere else on Disney property, including in their version of Downtown Disney.

I would personally pay the extra money (we are talking somewhere between cents or 1-2 dollars for most the drinks) at Trader Sams for the experience and stronger drinks (more bang for your buck).

The drinks at Trader Sams aren't much different in price but have a lot more alcohol.

sams1.jpg
sams1a.jpg

Just adding my .02c

We loved the drinks and atmosphere at Trader Sam's. The only disappointment was that the rum flight didn't include the board, which we didn't find out until we were leaving.

As for what to do with the mugs, I have two on my desk at work holding candy. A zombie head really gets people talking.

I think they have a full stocked bar. You should be able to get wine or beer. But since it is a specialty bar, don't expect high end brands.

They do have unique wines that suit the theme--- pineapple wine from Hawaii, for example. High end or any good? Not sure, I had a Hippopotomaitai.

Trader Sam's is lots of fun, and worth the price to me for the experience. The mixology is great, even on the non-alcoholic drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter