• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just paid $80 for 3 drinks at Trader Sam's!

lemondog

<font color=darkorchid>My twins fight over who too
it was so much fun, drinks were good, but $80 with tip!!! For 3 drinks!!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

We ordered...
Uh-Oa
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum
Margarita

Just wanted you to be prepared. Should have known when there were no prices on the drink menu. :P

I went there and spent a small fortune, but did have a fun time and got to go home with several glasses. It's not a place I could afford to be a regular at, but it was a great experience!

That $80 included the souvenir glasses/mugs right?? You can order the drinks by themselves for less $$$.

When we go next month, we're definitely going to be having a couple of drinks there, in the souvenir mugs! :sunny: :drinking1

It has it's own line in our budget. :lmao:

Some of those (the UhOah) likely included the souvenir glasses - you can pay for just the drink with at least some of them.

I understand the availability of the Nautilus mug is still sketchy. I want one also but who knows if they will have it next month...if you want one, and they have it, buy it.

Given that the Uh-Oha is marketed as 2 drinks (for two people - or maybe just one!) I'd say you really paid for 4 drinks plus your souvenir glasses (I hope you took them with you!) We plan on making multiple TS visits next trip but will definitely nix the souvenir glasses - cheaper drink and less stuff to schlep home!

The souvenir mugs and containers are what really up the price, but just check out what the empty ones are selling for on eBay-I've seen more than one person actually BUY the Nautilus for upwards of $85, no cocktail for two, and no edible gardenia! You could fund your Trader Sam's visits by keeping the ones you want yourself for a souvenir and selling off the rest!

I really want to go, but I see the cost and yikes! Definitely going to be putting some money off the side so I can afford it.

Well you did get the UhOa which is their priciest drink. (That is the one with cinnamon sparks, right)

If you get the drinks without the souvenir glasses it's not too bad.

Edit. Actually the Nautilus is the most expensive. They don't have that one here in California, so I forgot about it

Last edited:
LOL.
Are you guys kidding me? 80 bucks for 4 lousy drinks. Am I the only one that thinks that's grand larceny?

I'll be the cheapskate of the bunch. for almost 100 bucks I want a lot more to be going home with me than just a lousy glass.

LOL, op you do know that the Bacardi superior rum that, the Uh-Oa is made from cost about 20 bucks for a 2 liter (~1/2 gallon) bottle??

Oy vey

Last edited:
I think the drinks are pricey too. When we went we got nervous because the prices were not listed on the menu. We had fun and enjoyed the experience but it was definitely a one drink each kind of night. As a previous poster said, "drink slow and chill".

sams1a.jpg
sams1.jpg

The ones highlighted with blue means you get the cup. From my understanding is only the Nautilus they won't sell without the souvenir cup.

The prices are pretty average disney cocktail prices unless you want the cup too.

Got the pictures from easywdw.com

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...ion-club-studio-and-trader-sams-patio-review/

I've never even heard of this place but I certainly wont be visiting with prices like that. What is the justifiable means for paying $80 for 4 drinks? Is there a character meet and greet? Some other kind of experience?

it was so much fun, drinks were good, but $80 with tip!!! For 3 drinks!!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

We ordered...
Uh-Oa
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum
Margarita

Just wanted you to be prepared. Should have known when there were no prices on the drink menu. :P
Did you get an glassware souvenirs for $80?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter