I just got my operation military pride members info

Mskanga

<font color=navy>Can speak and read 4 languages fl
and we have a male and a female to buy for. My kids are going to love this and so will I. Gotta go shopping tonight!

That's great news Mskanga!! I just signed up today to adopt 2. How long did it take to get the info? Have a great time shopping for your troops!!!

I did, too. Took a couple days to get the info.

We have a 23 yo AirForce Sargeant from TX and his l0 yo doggie named Aaron, a Belgian Malnois (sp).

The Sargeant wants doggie boots and treats for his dog.

I got a Pastor and 2 others... :) I cant wait to go shopping!!!

It tookout 20 minutes. We also have a son and a daughter (co workers children) who have both been sent out, the son to the middle east, the daughter to Guam. We are going to do an office wide deal, one of our adoptees is a Navy man, and has no wishes or wants, the other is airborne (I assume army jumper?) and says send enough for his 40 pals. This is going to be so nice. We will send to all 4, I wish none of them were where they are, but it's up to all of us to let them know we appreciate all they do. I don't know who origially put this on the Dis, but thank you from me and my 60+ co workers.

As the parent of a son who is on the receiving end...all I can say is "THANK YOU" from the bottom of my heart!! :D

Actually it didn't take long at all, I requested today and I got the info about 2 hours after that. I have a male and a female both in Kuwait . My kids are very excited, my youngest ( age 6 ) says that she's going to draw a picture for them because they are there to "save us" that's her way to say "protect us". My 10 year old DD is in her room writing them a letter as we speak , she told me it was a neat thing to do and honestly their excitement has been passed on to me.
This is the least we can do for them.

I asked for a girl and a guy or 2 guys, I got 2 guys. Makes me feel like have 2 new sons. Im very excited about buying them all kinds of stuff they can use and it says in there also to send condiments like the ones at fast food restaurants, so Im sending some of those too. I an enclosing a letter with mine and one from the kids too. I would love to hear back just to know the stuff was received, if not I would hate to think my guy thought we forgot about him.

I didn't ask for anything in specific, everyone there needs some TLC , we got a female PFC in the Marines and a male SS in the Air Force. Friday will be our shopping and packing day for us.
I will also include some stationary and stamps in the package and maybe a pic of ourselves so the adoptees have a better idea of who we are.
This is very exciting.

I don't know if this is true , but a friend of mine works at the post office and a retired airforce man, told me that they don't need stamps ...... that they can send anything they need to ....Maybe someone that has family over seas can verify this..just trying to save you a few dollars. But if its not true I need to pick up some stamps.

I'm fairly new to the CB but you guys are great and I love to lurk here.

Hope

I'm not sure about that justhope but I hope someone has a clue about that because I don't.
BTW welcome to the DIS, this is a wonderful place.

I'm sorry to sound stupid but where can I sign up for this? I would love to help! Thanks, Karen

I have a male and a female. I'm going to have my dd's Girl Scout troop make some cards for both. And I have a list to make up a goody box :)

Originally posted by hercamore
I did, too. Took a couple days to get the info.

We have a 23 yo AirForce Sargeant from TX and his l0 yo doggie named Aaron, a Belgian Malnois (sp).

The Sargeant wants doggie boots and treats for his dog.

We might have the same guy!!
DH has the info at work. I'll have to check.

I requested a female and I think I got one. The name seems to be hispanic and ends in "A" so I'm pretty sure this is a female marine. Just to be safe, though, I'm not going to send anything overtly "feminine" :)

I will be talking to DD's GS troop leader today to see if the troop wants to sponsor someone in the military. I think it would be a great service project for them.

WDWnutze, My dd's troop always used to collect food for pantries and all that stuff, I think collecting for our troups overseas would be a nice thing to do too.
I know my kids are all excited with this, this is more something THEY do , at a more personal level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter