• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I heard some resort closing info today...

Well, and the people Disney will lay off because of it...

Exactly! I know the rest of our group decided to stay off-site this year for the first time ever (39.95 per night including a kitchenette and comp. breakfast -- who can blame them?) but the twirlers still booked up most of the Broadway section at ASMusic for a week -- plus many others stayed at other resorts.

We're the only ones I know that are planning to return at all. Sure, you'll still get the ones that are vying for scholarships and those who have a chance at the big titles. But this has to cut into the bottom line at some point. And I can't imagine families whose kids do other sports having it any better this year.

Wait times I have observed so far this week are : 110 minutes (TS, which I understand being new), 90 minutes (RR, with the fast pass line stretching beyond the fast pass machines), 70 minutes (ToT), 40 min (Chester and whatever), 20 minutes to get CS across the board (this seems to be really inefficient, wonder if cutbacks are at the restaurant CMs).

Soarin is ridiculous as usual. Mission:Space was 70 min. TT was was 100 minutes with single rider at 40.

There have also been crowd levels so thick you can barely walk through the walkways. Don't know if I keep ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time. For example, World Showcase was pretty empty last night at 7:30. But, other stuff is packed.

Like I mentioned earlier, CS seems to be really disappointing. I can't tell if it is just because of the DDP and people not understanding, or if it is also because of the lack of trained CMs. It took me 25 mins to get two items at the boardwalk bakery and I was fifth in line. We got our food quicker at Spoodles the previous morning.

Wait times I have observed so far this week are : 110 minutes (TS, which I understand being new), 90 minutes (RR, with the fast pass line stretching beyond the fast pass machines), 70 minutes (ToT), 40 min (Chester and whatever), 20 minutes to get CS across the board (this seems to be really inefficient, wonder if cutbacks are at the restaurant CMs).

Soarin is ridiculous as usual. Mission:Space was 70 min. TT was was 100 minutes with single rider at 40.

There have also been crowd levels so thick you can barely walk through the walkways. Don't know if I keep ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time. For example, World Showcase was pretty empty last night at 7:30. But, other stuff is packed.

Like I mentioned earlier, CS seems to be really disappointing. I can't tell if it is just because of the DDP and people not understanding, or if it is also because of the lack of trained CMs. It took me 25 mins to get two items at the boardwalk bakery and I was fifth in line. We got our food quicker at Spoodles the previous morning.

Those wait times sound like the ones we usually encounter in late May.

I just returned from there -- we were there for a baton twirling competition. I know there are a lot of negative comments about big groups competing at WDW, especially the cheerleaders. But they do put a lot of heads in the beds and girls in the stores. However, since we are part of a group, I can tell you that these trips to WDW are planned pretty much a year in advance -- group routine participants picked, choreography, etc.

I've been at WDW during a big competition and all of the girls I met were very nice young ladies. They were well behaved. Don't let it get you down.

I've been at WDW during a big competition and all of the girls I met were very nice young ladies. They were well behaved. Don't let it get you down.

That was our experience too. The cheerleaders were doing their nationals when we arrived -- they were awesome with my DD. They also encouraged the little kids to participate in the pool activities at ASMusic by playing along, dancing, participating themselves -- I guess that's the cheerleader thing to do.

Whatever it is that they're doing doesn't seem to be working. Florida residents don't seem to be filling those rooms... Perhaps they need to think outside the box. :)

The reason Florida residents are not filling the resort rooms is mainly because of the discount structure that is currently in place. When things were at a low point in 2001-2003, rooms were discounted every day of the week rather than Sunday - Thursday nights only. As Florida residents we always plan weekend trips so that our kids don't have to miss school.

Disney can't be too concerned about their bottom line if they are still placing restrictions on discounted stays, buffet prices, etc.

I would be surprised if POFQ was the mod to close up, being that it is the most popular mod. But I am sure it will be based on capacity, and perhaps POFQ being lower capacity would put it in that category...

I would be surprised if POFQ was the mod to close up, being that it is the most popular mod. But I am sure it will be based on capacity, and perhaps POFQ being lower capacity would put it in that category...

POFQ has been closed twice twice before. Logistically, it is the easiest, because you can shut down the whole operation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter