I have VERY sad news, friends...

The light has dimmed here on earth but it's shines much brighter now in heaven. She shall be missed.

I just saw this post this morning and I didn't know what to say. I had to go to work and just didn't have time to even read past the subject line.

I still don't know what to say. I didn't know her well, but her strength, her sense of humor, her kindness, her beauty, just shined through all her posts.

She was the kind of person I strive to be.

We'll miss you Sylvia. I'm glad you're in a better place now.

I'm sending prayers to Sylvia's family, especially Nick.

{{hugs}}

What can be said?

It’s sad to see one pass on before their time, and with so much to live for and so much to give. I did not know Sylvia personally but know of the kindness and love on this board. I didn't know I could be so touched by someone I never met.

While I scrutinize my personal beliefs, or non-beliefs, and search for true faith this event will play a part. Does not anyone question God’s plan? I have 3 little ones, all under the age of 8, and couldn’t imagine them without their mommy.

If there’s anything we can do for Nick or his family please let us know. One poster mentioned a fund for Nick.

Dan,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. I have been praying for Sylvia and for her family along with the many other DIS folks here and my heart is saddened, she truly will be missed by so many.

Debbi

May God bless this family. We will miss this very special Canadian! Such a sad sad day for us all.:(

This is such terrible news. I have been lurking around these boards for a long time and read many of Sylvia's posts. She is an inspiration to all of us.
My prayers are with Nick and the rest of her family. :(

I have many many memories of all of her posts. A few months ago I sent her an e mail card every day she was in the hospital and she emailed me to thank me for them. She was a beautiful lady and I am sure smiling down upon us. She will be missed. Blessings to all of her family.

This is a sad day for all of us. Thank you Dan for sharing a little of her story with us. I will miss her and my prayers are with her son Nick and the rest of her family.

Sad, sad news. But what a tribute to her this thread is. She has touched so many of us so deeply with her courage and kindness ... all through this "thing" called the internet. I pray that her beautiful son, Nick, will have strength and courage like his mother. So sad.....words just can't express....:(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm having trouble like so many others here reading what I'm typing because of my tears of sorrow. Dan, that was a lovely tribute to Sylvia. We are all so lucky to have you here on the boards. God bless you and everyone else here on the Dis.

Dan, do you know if there's an address to send a donation in Sylvia's honor to or if there's a fund set up for Nick?

I didn't know Sylvia, either, but read many of her posts. I can understand the love she had for son and wanting to take him to WDW so he would always have those memories of that time together in a special place. I will keep Sylvia and her family in my thoughts and prayers for a very long time.

The DIS truly is a special place.

Since taking a leave as moderator, I haven't been able to spend much time here, but something told me to check in with you guys today. This is such upsetting news. Sylvia was such a courageous women with the terrible battle she faced. God bless her family. I will be praying for them, especially Nick.
Pooh BWV

I just found this today...prayers for Sylvia and especially her family...:(

i too never knew of sylvia but find myself crying.deepest sympathies to her real and cyber families.:(

I didn't know Sylvia, but my heart is breaking right now!! How sad!:(
My prayers go out to Nick & Sylvia's family.
God bless them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter