• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I don't get the hype with _____ ??

disagree
I think its just because Im a theater person and I understand how much time it takes to go into a production such as that. Plus I think the singing and acting is great. But to each their own:goodvibes

I do not get the hype over tsm
I rode it the ride was fun but it didn't really seem like that much of a thrill to me. maybe its because I don't like video games.

I agree. My family was almost trampled last month at park opening. We were even in the parks early for breakfast. I was kinda scared. We got a fast past and I was like that was it.

I think Indian Jones needs to be up graded with a new show.

I agree. My family was almost trampled last month at park opening. We were even in the parks early for breakfast. I was kinda scared. We got a fast past and I was like that was it.

I think Indian Jones needs to be up graded with a new show.

Disneygal - did you mean to say "I don't get the hype with Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular?"

If so - I agree. I don't know if I can sit through it one more time!

I don't get the hype with Rope Drop. I'm not a morning person, and the 2 times I waited in hordes of people at rope drop I got trampled, shoved & cranky! Not a good way to start a full day in WDW.

I agree and disagree. I've been 20+ times to WDW over the years, it wasn't until our latest trip that we finally did rope drop. It was wonderful! We loved the opening show at the MK and we got so much done! BUT I don't go during peak times, so I'm not sure I'd deal well with all those people crowded around!

I don't get the hype with Touring Plans. Never have used them, manage to see everything I want to anyway!

I agree!

You can do Disney without touring plans, I've done it 8 or so times now. I got the unofficial guide, mostly for reading material, and the reviews on the restuarants. The guides in there are nuts! GO here, then go here, then go here....

I don't get the hype with Magical Express. Get off your plane, wait in line, wait in another line, wait in ANOTHER line, then wait for a bus. Then get off the bus, and wait in line to check in with everyone else who is staying at your hotel, and riding the bus.

Plus add in another oportunity for your luggage to get lost?

NO thanks, I'll take a cab!

I disagree, I love Magical Express. I don't have to lug my luggage, 2 kids, 2 strollers, 2 carseats to the cab or car rental.

I don't get the hype with Finding Nemo: The Musical. I thought it was just plain weird.

I disagree. I loved the Finding Nemo Musical! Maybe it was becasue it was in teh afternoon, a nice cool break away from the crowds and heat (though it was March, so not too hot). We had good seats and my DS (5) loved it!

I don't get the hype with taking pictures of your food and posting it (ok, I know I will get flamed for that one! :lol: )

I disagree. I'm a TOTAL FOODIE and love to see the pics before I try it. It also gives me ideas of new things to try in WDW.

I don't get the hype with drinking around The World. There are so many other places at home to drink at, there's no way I'd want to be intoxicated in WDW, let alone spending $9 a drink to do so!

I agree. I can see adults liking to be able to have a drink or two, but getting smashed at disney world? No.

I don't get the hype about Soarin'. Now, I've only been on the one in DL, and I don't know if the one in the world is different, but I just don't get it. It's pleasant and cool, but it seems sort of boring. Then again, I am a thrill junkie.

Oh, boy. I am going to be banned for life from the DIS for this, but here goes.

I agree about Soarin' -- it fun and everything, but if I missed it next trip I wouldn't really mind. It's a big movie screen, and you get lifted up in the air. Meh.

I don't get the hype about Test Track. The inside part is just bumping around in a car, and the outside "thrill" part is too short. And not that thrilling.

(O.K., I have my asbestos suit on, so flame away!)

I have to disagree about Soarin. I love it because it makes me feel like I am hang gliding (something that I would NEVER do since my palms are sweating just thinking about it. Test Track is fun, but not a must do unless you are with a newbie.

I don't get the hype with the notion of avoiding EMH parks. I benefit so much from utilizing those extra hours, especially the morning ones! I can see taking off midday when it gets crowded if you have a park hopper, but avoiding them? Seems like a bad plan.

I agree --- we always go to EMH and it pays off for us!!

I do not get the hype with spaceship earth--- It is neat going into the "ball" but not too exciting other than that!

I disagree- I think the ride is interesting, relaxing, and fun, PLUS you are going into the big ball.

I don't get the hype with the parades (baring spectromagic). Sit for an hour, just to watch floats go by? I think not! You enjoy the parade, my family and I will enjoy the shorter wait times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter