• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I don't get the hype with _____ ??

twokids0204

DIS Dad #561
Ok, so this is how this works.
Poster will either agree or disagree with the previous poster, and then offer there own "I don't get the hype with _____ ??

I will start.

I don't get the hype with Dole Whip's, I mean they are just Pineapple ice cream.

Poster will either agree or disagree with the previous poster, and then offer there own "I don't get the hype with _____ ??

I will start.

I don't get the hype with Dole Whip's, I mean they are just Pineapple ice cream.

I agree. However, I don't like Pineapple so that's probably why. :laughing:

I don't get the hype with going to the resorts mid day for a "break." Trying to catch a bus all the way back to the resort with a couple kids in tow, hang a couple hours, only to have to do the whole bus thing again to go BACK to the park just seems way more exhausting than just staying and chilling at the park in a quiet spot for an hour or so if the kids are crashing. If I leave...I stay gone. :laughing:

I agree. Schlepping kids & strollers & gear back & forth is more exhausting to me than just trying to rest/nap inside the park.

I don't see what the hype is with Toy Story Mania. We had fast passes both times we rode & still waited 25 minutes in the FP return line - for shooting arcade games - not for me!

I agree...isn't Toy Story Mania just basically a video game? Don't kids get enough of that at home?

I don't get the hype associated with Mission Space and Test Track...I yearn for the days of old school Epcot futureworld...World of Motion, Horizons...I know I'm going to catch some heat on this...but what can I say, when it comes to WDW, I'm a purist...

Disagree on Test Track and Mission Space. I love those two rides. :thumbsup2

I don't get the hype with staying on property. We have a timeshare off property and it's so much less expenive with a lot more space for the family. We leave early for rope drop and get back late to sleep, so why spend the extra $$?

i disagree! i love staying on property - it's so convenient and the brilliantly themed resorts are attractions in themselves!

i don't get all the hype about parades - you sit on the sidewalk in the sun, in the crowds, you can't see passed pushy people who insist on being in the front and propping their kids on their shoulders, just to watch a bunch of floats go by and you can't even cross the street to get where you want.

i disagree! i love staying on property - it's so convenient and the brilliantly themed resorts are attractions in themselves!

i don't get all the hype about parades - you sit on the sidewalk in the sun, in the crowds, you can't see passed pushy people who insist on being in the front and propping their kids on their shoulders, just to watch a bunch of floats go by and you can't even cross the street to get where you want.

I disagree... love the parades, makes the ride line's shorter for me and you marielynn.

I don't get the hype about the Buzz Lightyear ride at MK. You can't really see where you are shooting, Toy Story Mania puts it to shame.

I have to agree with this! The only parade we've watched at Disney is Spectro, I feel a bit like I'm cheatin' my kids out of some terrific parade moment but really they could take it or leave it. Usually we are on the rides during this time anyway. :)

I have to agree with this! The only parade we've watched at Disney is Spectro, I feel a bit like I'm cheatin' my kids out of some terrific parade moment but really they could take it or leave it. Usually we are on the rides during this time anyway. :)

I disagree with the parades: we go at slow times of the year, so it's not too crowded, and I don't mind taking a break to relax. Plus I get to act all giggly when I see my favorite characters, and no one cares, because they are too. :worship:

I don't understand the hype over the Peter Pan ride. There's always a huge line, even off-season, and they even offer Fastpass for it?? :confused3:confused3 I haven't been on it for about 14 years, has it changed radically? Never seemed that great to me to make me want to wait in line for so long.

I disagree with the parades: we go at slow times of the year, so it's not too crowded, and I don't mind taking a break to relax. Plus I get to act all giggly when I see my favorite characters, and no one cares, because they are too. :worship:

I don't understand the hype over the Peter Pan ride. There's always a huge line, even off-season, and they even offer Fastpass for it?? :confused3:confused3 I haven't been on it for about 14 years, has it changed radically? Never seemed that great to me to make me want to wait in line for so long.

I think that's the key to the parades if the crowds were low and it wasn't such a hassle I'm sure we'd take a seat. I also forgot we did see the Jammin' Jungle Parade at AK and we all loved it. We love us some Peter Pan I don't know what it is but I've actually teared up going into that ride. I know it's crazy! :)

I agree - I don' tget the hype over Peter Pan either!

I don't get the hype over Fantasyland rides in general - Snow White, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Small World, Peter Pan, etc...yes they're nostalgic but the wait times are always over an hour & there's no way I'd wait that long for them!

I will start.

I think it mostly has to do with Bob. It was his favorite thing at MK, if I recall correctly.

I don't get the hype with staying at the GF? I mean, it seems kinda girly and much too flowery for my taste:confused3 But, that's just me. I don't get the hype with parades either. But, I like them, because it means less wait times :teeth: But that all goes to crap when they end. But it was fun while it lasted!

I agree - I don' tget the hype over Peter Pan either!

I don't get the hype over Fantasyland rides in general - Snow White, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Small World, Peter Pan, etc...yes they're nostalgic but the wait times are always over an hour & there's no way I'd wait that long for them!

I disagree, but I am a sap! I love them all, especially DUMBO!

I don't get the hype over eating at the Cali grill. The view was nice but the food was unimpressive. (I wonder who will agree with me if anyone?)

Haven't been to Cali Grill so I can't agree or disagree but I'll take your word for it.

I have only been to WDW once but I don't get the hype about Haunted Mansion. I have read so many posts about how it's their favorite thing I just don't get it. My kids thought it was pretty lame too.

Haven't been to Cali Grill so I can't agree or disagree but I'll take your word for it.

I have only been to WDW once but I don't get the hype about Haunted Mansion. I have read so many posts about how it's their favorite thing I just don't get it. My kids thought it was pretty lame too.
I have to say that I disagree. I love the ride I think it's because I like the creepy atmosphere of it. Now the ride its self is kinda boring. I think it would be better if it was a walk through with people in it that would jump at you.

I don't get the hype about waiting in 2 hour lines to meet characters. I do like to meet the characters and find it fun if the lines are not to long but 2 hours!!! I would rather eat or get some rides done but that is just me.

I have to say that I disagree. I love the ride I think it's because I like the creepy atmosphere of it. Now the ride its self is kinda boring. I think it would be better if it was a walk through with people in it that would jump at you.

I don't get the hype about waiting in 2 hour lines to meet characters. I do like to meet the characters and find it fun if the lines are not to long but 2 hours!!! I would rather eat or get some rides done but that is just me.

I definitely agree... then again I am a single 24 year old with no kids... so characters don't interest me at all!! lol.:)

I don't get they hype about FANNY PACKS!! lol. It know they're convenient and all, but come on! My friend and I did a Fanny Pack count walking from TSM to GMR in DHS... and we got to 54 before we gave up!! :rolleyes:

I agree and disagree. I love meeting the characters. It makes me feel 5 all over again. Would I wait for 2 hours, no way!!

I don't get people's love for the Carousel of Progress. My husband and myself, not to mention the family behind who had a member actually snore, couldn't wait to run out of the doors at the end. And as for that song......ugggghhhh:sad2:

I have to disagree. We love COP. I think it's very interesting. Everybody now: There's a great big beautiful tomorrow. Shining at the end of every day. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow is just a dream away.

I don't get about staying at the Contemporary. We stayed there last year because my cousin got a free trip for her retirement. The room was great, but is no way I would pay to stay there. It was just not friendly looking. It just didn't appeal to me.

I shouldn't agree or disagree as I have never stayed at contemporary but I lean towards disagree. Great location, easy monorail transportation, great view, good restaurants....I would love to stay there.

I don't get the hype about Fantasmic. We just didn't think it was great and certainly not worth waiting so long beforehand to get a good seat and the overcrowded cattle march out of the theater afterwards.

I disagree! Love Fantasmic, great show.

Do agree about the cattle stampeed though.

I don't get the hype with the finding nemo show in AK. Unless everyone loves it because they can sleep during it.... I know I did, and my wife, and DS6. DS 5 loved it, but he was on a nemo kick.

Many others around me were sleeping as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter