I cried over the wheelchair ** Final update about Bill 4/4**

I'm a total cry baby too! In fact I was close to tears reading about Bill's chair and you crying LOL looking forward to reading more :)

sorry to hear about the wheelchair. I would have been livid :mad:. So glad it was resolved.

I thought you guys looked familier so I went looking through your old TR and sure enough I remembered reading your report of the intimate dining at the Grand, I was googling it over and over trying to find out info and booked it as a surprise for my husband for our anniversary :) We too had Jack as our Butler! What a star he was :)

Oh jeez I am so sorry about that mess! Nothing worse than having your carefully made plans blown up. I'm glad it got fixed, but 2 hours is quite a long time to have to wait!

Those folks who work bell services outside of Pop are some of the best CM's on property. They are always so friendly and cheerful - they make us want to go back there! Hoping things get better.

I would be a little nervous watching Bill up in the air like that.

The chair thing is just unacceptable. If I remember right from other TR's you have had issues in the past. I would want someone's head and probably would have cried too. I am not a crier but when I am angry the tears will start. I think it's system overload.

That was really wonderful that the CM took the time to talk to you and it helped to calm you down. I have had CM experiences like that in the past and it is amazing how far a kind word or gesture can go.

I am a cry baby too! Tracy I am sorry about the wheelchair issues you and Bill had to deal with at the airport :worried: Hoping that your trip only gets better! Would you say that POP Century is your favorite Disney resort?

don't you just hate it when you make a point of saying "don't do (fill in black here)" because it is really important. and so they do exactly that. I doubt if that message ever even made it to the people actually putting the chair in the plane. they were probably nodding their heads and thinking (yeah, yeah, we know how to put things on a plane,it's our job).
poor analogy maybe, but at the restaurant sometimes people will say."I want my steak well done. no pink AT all! really, no pink!"
now "well done" mean "no pink". do I say "that's what well done means"? no. do I just leave it at that, cause our cook knows how to make a well done steak, " no.
I specifically tell the cook,"that steak that says "well done", he wants to make sure there is NO pink at all"
the reason someone specifies something is becuase it is IMPORTANT TO THEM! sheesh.

I know what you mean about crying. I can't help it myself. when I get upset, first my eyes start to well up with tears. and my voice gets quivery. and I try to stop it cause sometimes people don't take you seriously, or think you are faking. (I hate the term "alligator" tears)
I try to deal iwth the situation in a mature, professional manner. pretty hard with tears running down your face, face read, hands shaking, voice shaking.
I so feel for you!!! and how scary to watch bill being brought up that high like that.

Iwish I coudl've given you a big hug right then. well, here's one now:grouphug:

Oh my word Tracy I can't believe they did that to Bill's chair, thank goodness he realised before getting on the bus as there could have been a nasty accident :eek:

I'm glad you arrived safely though and how nice of the CM to chat with you :goodvibes

Oh it's nice to see my Fockers coming to read even though I chat with you all daily anyway :rotfl:

Ok, the crazy DIS never sent me a notice that you updated. Sorry I am behind.

I still remember your frustration that day. Breaks my heart that people can't just do as you explained!

I'm a total cry baby too! In fact I was close to tears reading about Bill's chair and you crying LOL looking forward to reading more :)

It was very frustrating, especially when the Southwest employees were saying they had nothing to do with it and to go to baggage check. I think they should have been a little more courteous.

sorry to hear about the wheelchair. I would have been livid :mad:. So glad it was resolved.

I was livid, I was happy it was resolved. Thanks for posting.

I thought you guys looked familier so I went looking through your old TR and sure enough I remembered reading your report of the intimate dining at the Grand, I was googling it over and over trying to find out info and booked it as a surprise for my husband for our anniversary :) We too had Jack as our Butler! What a star he was :)

I hope you had a great dining experience. Jack is the best!

Oh jeez I am so sorry about that mess! Nothing worse than having your carefully made plans blown up. I'm glad it got fixed, but 2 hours is quite a long time to have to wait!

Those folks who work bell services outside of Pop are some of the best CM's on property. They are always so friendly and cheerful - they make us want to go back there! Hoping things get better.

I love the Pop CM's they are fantastic and so upbeat, they are one of the reasons we go there time and time again.

I would be a little nervous watching Bill up in the air like that.

The chair thing is just unacceptable. If I remember right from other TR's you have had issues in the past. I would want someone's head and probably would have cried too. I am not a crier but when I am angry the tears will start. I think it's system overload.

That was really wonderful that the CM took the time to talk to you and it helped to calm you down. I have had CM experiences like that in the past and it is amazing how far a kind word or gesture can go.

We had one nut loose on a previous trip but nothing like this. I was angry crying that day for sure. I adored Elisa, she is just a great person.

I am a cry baby too! Tracy I am sorry about the wheelchair issues you and Bill had to deal with at the airport :worried: Hoping that your trip only gets better! Would you say that POP Century is your favorite Disney resort?

Pop is one of the top two for me, the other is the Boardwalk Resort. We love the proximity to two parks.

don't you just hate it when you make a point of saying "don't do (fill in black here)" because it is really important. and so they do exactly that. I doubt if that message ever even made it to the people actually putting the chair in the plane. they were probably nodding their heads and thinking (yeah, yeah, we know how to put things on a plane,it's our job).
poor analogy maybe, but at the restaurant sometimes people will say."I want my steak well done. no pink AT all! really, no pink!"
now "well done" mean "no pink". do I say "that's what well done means"? no. do I just leave it at that, cause our cook knows how to make a well done steak, " no.
I specifically tell the cook,"that steak that says "well done", he wants to make sure there is NO pink at all"
the reason someone specifies something is becuase it is IMPORTANT TO THEM! sheesh.

I know what you mean about crying. I can't help it myself. when I get upset, first my eyes start to well up with tears. and my voice gets quivery. and I try to stop it cause sometimes people don't take you seriously, or think you are faking. (I hate the term "alligator" tears)
I try to deal iwth the situation in a mature, professional manner. pretty hard with tears running down your face, face read, hands shaking, voice shaking.
I so feel for you!!! and how scary to watch bill being brought up that high like that.

Iwish I coudl've given you a big hug right then. well, here's one now:grouphug:

I get so frustrated with myself when the tears start. I want to clearly state the issues I am having and the tears start flowing. Thanks for the :grouphug:.

Oh my word Tracy I can't believe they did that to Bill's chair, thank goodness he realised before getting on the bus as there could have been a nasty accident :eek:

I'm glad you arrived safely though and how nice of the CM to chat with you :goodvibes

Oh it's nice to see my Fockers coming to read even though I chat with you all daily anyway :rotfl:

I love seeing the Fockers here, it warms my heart.

Tracy, I'm here; and I promise to be back to catch up really soon. :goodvibes

Hi Kathy!!

Ok, the crazy DIS never sent me a notice that you updated. Sorry I am behind.

I still remember your frustration that day. Breaks my heart that people can't just do as you explained!

Thanks for letting me vent then, apparently you had a LOT going on that day (behind my back I might add ;) :rotfl:) but you were there for me and I thank you.

Thanks for letting me vent then, apparently you had a LOT going on that day (behind my back I might add ;) :rotfl:) but you were there for me and I thank you.

I have no idea what you are talking about!! :lmao: But yes, as you are in tears at the airport, I was in tears because the line was cut off! :rotfl:

Next time you just need to go all "Janet" on them :-D

Glad you got it all straightened out and arrived safely at PC

I have no idea what you are talking about!! :lmao: But yes, as you are in tears at the airport, I was in tears because the line was cut off! :rotfl:

When are we going to read why you were in tears in Disney too?? I am dying here. Please start that trip report soon :goodvibes.

Next time you just need to go all "Janet" on them :-D

Glad you got it all straightened out and arrived safely at PC

I will remember to go all "Janet" from now on, I promise :thumbsup2.

I promised I'd be back and here I am.

I enjoyed the intros; Ace is adorable and so cute he is waiting to go to boarding. :)

I am SOOOOO sorry about what they did to Bill's Chair and the long wait you had for them to fix it. There is just no excuse when you told them NOT to mess with it.

I'm glad you arrived at Pop and had a great CM greet you. I can't wait to read more.

Oh...and I can't wait for you to post when Tammy starts her TR. She is doing one, isn't she? :rolleyes1

Here’s your sign:

Hi Tracy! Hi Bill! :wave2:

Thanks for the sign picture; I really needed that today!

Ugh, I remember seeing those Tweets! Weren't you just shocked when Southwest tweeted back? How frustrating...

So glad that super-CM Elise helped you get back into a magical frame of mind!

Kathy

I got upset for you reading that. Why can't people understand if its a piece of machinery that they are not familiar with there is NO WAY they should touch it more than loading it in the plane. Seriously they are baggage handlers not wheel chair techs, Id have lost it as well. Im glad in the end he had a working wheel chair and you made it to the resort, I just wish the airline would have been better to you all.

I promised I'd be back and here I am.

I enjoyed the intros; Ace is adorable and so cute he is waiting to go to boarding. :)

I am SOOOOO sorry about what they did to Bill's Chair and the long wait you had for them to fix it. There is just no excuse when you told them NOT to mess with it.

I'm glad you arrived at Pop and had a great CM greet you. I can't wait to read more.

Oh...and I can't wait for you to post when Tammy starts her TR. She is doing one, isn't she? :rolleyes1

Thanks, we think Ace is cute too.

I know there is no excuse I was so frustrated and upset. They kept telling us to go to baggage claim and I was saying "NO we don't ever have to go there we have Disney's Magical Express".

Elise was a lifesaver that day.

Hi Tracy! Hi Bill! :wave2:

Thanks for the sign picture; I really needed that today!

Ugh, I remember seeing those Tweets! Weren't you just shocked when Southwest tweeted back? How frustrating...

So glad that super-CM Elise helped you get back into a magical frame of mind!

Kathy

Glad I could help. I was amazed that they tweeted back. At the end of the TR I will tell that story.

I got upset for you reading that. Why can't people understand if its a piece of machinery that they are not familiar with there is NO WAY they should touch it more than loading it in the plane. Seriously they are baggage handlers not wheel chair techs, Id have lost it as well. Im glad in the end he had a working wheel chair and you made it to the resort, I just wish the airline would have been better to you all.

Welcome to our TR, thanks for being here. I was not happy with them at all, but was happy they did fix it.

Oh, I would have been livid and crying, too. There was no reason for them to mess with the chair, then expect you to just deal with it later! Glad they finally took care of it, and so glad that castmember was able to help a bit by talking with you. I love the castmembers at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter