"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Over a number of weeks I’ve read all of your amazing trip report, thank you so much. Your voice is engaging, heart warming, informative, pictures are beautiful, it’s just been addictive to read. My son and future DIL hope to have a Disney wedding which is how I landed but your coping strategies with your health issues have given me ideas and encouragement for our next trip. (61 Days :yay:).

It will be my first since disabled with concussion related issues and some days I’ve worried about the success of this trip. We are planning a relaxing, be in the moment trip but it’s going to be different from past trips. You highlighted a couple points I’d forgotten from previous visits, first aid locations for instance, that I can use if needed and prompted me to think about simple things like ear plugs to tamp down sensory stuff like Test Track, which we love but the stand by line music could do me ino_O . I just want to thank you for your encouragement.

I know it’s a ton of work, polished or not, edited photos or not, I’ve enjoyed it all. I don’t know how you manage it all but thank you. Hope your enjoying your trip and look forward to the next instalment.

All the best from another Maritimer. (I’m in HRM as well)

What a lovely comment, thank you! It's a lot of work to write these reports, and sometimes it feels like it's a silly use of time, but then when you know that people are reading them and enjoying them it makes you feel pretty great! It's been good stress relief/a break from school, etc. I love writing them, and reading others' TRs!

I'm glad some of my stories can be helpful to you!! Concussions are no joke! I'm sorry you're dealing with the aftermath! A good friend of our family had a couple of concussions in succession, and her effects were really debilitating. She ended up leaving work, and not returning for over a year, and when she did return, it had to be with some major modifications. People don't realize how life-changing a concussion can be! So I'm glad to hear you've got some strategies in place and are still enjoying your favourite things in life! A lot of the issues I deal with are kind of similar to concussion symptoms, so I feel for you! I'm sure your trip will be wonderful, even if it will be different than ones you've taken in past. All of my post-neurosurgery trips have definitely had a different touring style than the pre- ones, but they've all still been magical and satisfying.

And what a small world! (Speaking of being a Maritimer—I just met someone else from Nova Scotia on a Disney bus last night when I left Magic Kingdom for the last time of the trip, and it turns out that they are on my flight back to Halifax this morning! You can find Canadians wherever you go, it seems! :)

Maple popcorn verdict: no longer in the Magic Kingdom, but still available in Epcot at the Canada pavilion. I was pretty sad this morning when I couldn't manage to cram my leftover maple popcorn into my suitcase. :(

Tragic. On so many levels.

OMG I am loving this! You had me when you said Harry Potter and British television! (Doooooweeeeeooooooooo....) Our wedding wasn't at Disney but it was definitely Disney/Doctor Who themed (We had a gingerbread Tardis groom's cake) But we honeymooned in Disney and on the Disney Dream! Loving your trip report!

Here's a pic of my son in Epcot France-

3okhL9wzhGkkbwAX2N2gIQdBZnTN0A6lBAz6Rad60H0EUupfULGqWDiqNEYjKfEKW-YReKuyv7ORpE-vYcaYrUzTmZqpItd8HnzgL8DTHHHpU4tQI4_y9nYHEWOyuB7Yt-J4Q4vGB8Ww3ofUjzbbk_EQ-_tx7kfF-wwwWaKns6gX7KWtOzXlcQh54LkrQ6sAv8sViynST-T4cukPgRJoMbdev-cNxn5xotP9U4AAi7ie5ZVCLFxSCpCEa5fYuthEgxTkYiMtH5eee2tbD92w5RE5Y0NrSYgIDRkTnrWZmzGB1GZFaSksdPiXEZjnwlcwpae6nKFLjDG9tqF9yfqixeuREKbF9QuztChOe-s7bfkmJQ43FrM3It4Yqi95U1t7gn_ak3vjxuJri-Mc_25bnwuHkbDnBwUO4hJtJdCSWuDP5JkFwgLyBpOKi_q-tH5eY2nWNwj1wJ8IQaBwH4O756NGRaClbmHQhfDljRab7afB-6DBxx7xRawcBShQdt5ZhLoO8wGj9CX0GHRU5-M85oHHU3S-zyNfF8JbATtRRlgxUSCJ3nR_XAtGstO4mxmXZk5La9nWRlafYkgK7Lp3jvgdBeKFYJWWNTBlNTH0BmRPDs375gmUVxGsyEQtFZ5GTJmhIysVCTf9pAwhxlT45_xvdQ9iGnN6pw=w478-h637-no

Super late to the party, but I'm here and binge reading!

:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in!!

OMG I am loving this! You had me when you said Harry Potter and British television! (Doooooweeeeeooooooooo....) Our wedding wasn't at Disney but it was definitely Disney/Doctor Who themed (We had a gingerbread Tardis groom's cake) But we honeymooned in Disney and on the Disney Dream! Loving your trip report!

Here's a pic of my son in Epcot France-

3okhL9wzhGkkbwAX2N2gIQdBZnTN0A6lBAz6Rad60H0EUupfULGqWDiqNEYjKfEKW-YReKuyv7ORpE-vYcaYrUzTmZqpItd8HnzgL8DTHHHpU4tQI4_y9nYHEWOyuB7Yt-J4Q4vGB8Ww3ofUjzbbk_EQ-_tx7kfF-wwwWaKns6gX7KWtOzXlcQh54LkrQ6sAv8sViynST-T4cukPgRJoMbdev-cNxn5xotP9U4AAi7ie5ZVCLFxSCpCEa5fYuthEgxTkYiMtH5eee2tbD92w5RE5Y0NrSYgIDRkTnrWZmzGB1GZFaSksdPiXEZjnwlcwpae6nKFLjDG9tqF9yfqixeuREKbF9QuztChOe-s7bfkmJQ43FrM3It4Yqi95U1t7gn_ak3vjxuJri-Mc_25bnwuHkbDnBwUO4hJtJdCSWuDP5JkFwgLyBpOKi_q-tH5eY2nWNwj1wJ8IQaBwH4O756NGRaClbmHQhfDljRab7afB-6DBxx7xRawcBShQdt5ZhLoO8wGj9CX0GHRU5-M85oHHU3S-zyNfF8JbATtRRlgxUSCJ3nR_XAtGstO4mxmXZk5La9nWRlafYkgK7Lp3jvgdBeKFYJWWNTBlNTH0BmRPDs375gmUVxGsyEQtFZ5GTJmhIysVCTf9pAwhxlT45_xvdQ9iGnN6pw=w478-h637-no

I love the idea of doing a Disney/Doctor Who themed wedding—Nathan would have been crazy about this!! Your little munchkin is adorable!

Also, it is so nice to always find a fellow HP fan and Brit TV lover! Who’s your favourite Doctor? I’ll be moving over there in Sept, so I’ll be fully immersed!

Well hey there. I just spent a very pleasant Saturday afternoon/evening reading every last word of your trip report so far. Too many individual highlights to comment on but I am loving it so far. I read, with interest, the wedding day updates as my daughter is currently debating a Disney wedding. She got engaged last year, while in South Africa visiting her boyfriend's family (he is South African). I thought you might appreciate the engagement since hers was in similar circumstances to yours, albeit in different locations

Rea n Ben 2.jpg

We will be in WDW this August too, for her graduation trip - she just qualified as a midwife - so I will be following your plans and who knows whether we might spot you and N on your Anniversary trip.

Hope you're enjoying your Feb trip right nor, we just got back a couple of weeks ago and loved the Festival of the Arts, even though we really weren't that excited about it previously. Hope you felt the same.

Also, it is so nice to always find a fellow HP fan and Brit TV lover! Who’s your favourite Doctor? I’ll be moving over there in Sept, so I’ll be fully immersed!

My favourite is nine, because he was my first doctor and I just took to him. Nathan's is ten. He's the biggest David Tennant fan of the two of us. :)

Well hey there. I just spent a very pleasant Saturday afternoon/evening reading every last word of your trip report so far. Too many individual highlights to comment on but I am loving it so far. I read, with interest, the wedding day updates as my daughter is currently debating a Disney wedding. She got engaged last year, while in South Africa visiting her boyfriend's family (he is South African). I thought you might appreciate the engagement since hers was in similar circumstances to yours, albeit in different locations

View attachment 304484

We will be in WDW this August too, for her graduation trip - she just qualified as a midwife - so I will be following your plans and who knows whether we might spot you and N on your Anniversary trip.

Hope you're enjoying your Feb trip right nor, we just got back a couple of weeks ago and loved the Festival of the Arts, even though we really weren't that excited about it previously. Hope you felt the same.

:welcome: Thanks so much for reading my musings! Your daughter's proposal story sounds magical! And how very exciting that she just qualified as a midwife! What a difference she'll make for so many families, bringing new life into the world!

We enjoyed the snippet of the Festival of Arts that we got in the short time we were there. We only spent one evening in Epcot before the Festival was over, and our next day in Epcot they'd already started with some of the landscaping and topiaries for Flower and Garden (which happens to be my favourite time of year for Epcot! I was sad to be missing it by just a few days!)

Nine and ten are my favorite too (though ten is a little bit ahead of nine). Also is it you that is a fellow fan of The Good Place?

I am really hoping that the Maple popcorn is still there in September when we go I really want some.

Nine and ten are my favorite too (though ten is a little bit ahead of nine). Also is it you that is a fellow fan of The Good Place?

I am really hoping that the Maple popcorn is still there in September when we go I really want some.

I hope they don't get rid of maple popcorn! It's really tasty (as long as it hasn't been sitting too hot for too long, where it kind of starts to get a bit of a burnt sugar taste.) Even as we were walking by the cart in Frontierland the other day, we overheard someone complaining about how maple popcorn was gone and they were so disappointed. Yum!

I do like The Good Place! Raeven got me hooked. I'm anxiously awaiting the third season.

Welllp, I'm back from our February break trip! And I'm incredibly behind on everything, including [and quite especially] the Dis. I have a monster midterm coming up this week, so thats the priority for now, but once that's over I'll be able to put a little more energy into getting caught up over here, and into giving a brief-ish account of our trip! For the time-being, I'll just say that we had AMAZING summer-like weather, we were much more successful in seeing night shows than we were in December (4, compared to none), and we tried some new things and made some fun memories. I will have more details/stories/photos coming up soon in my mini report, but for now I'll leave you a teaser with my favourite photos from the trip...

For your viewing pleasure, I now preview:
"ENJOY! YUMMY, YUMMY!" — A WDW February Trip

5fHwzUG.jpg

IsaIWwj.jpg

yhxJ7ls.jpg

KS5dgcX.jpg

QxVYM86.jpg

HfkbJQx.jpg

CFG9qaI.jpg

smHPKPe.jpg

SOR9sjN.jpg

x8ZAODA.jpg

yCWdeem.jpg

LXkFIqB.jpg

WwSwCOq.jpg

viUwUjM.jpg

1c6A62t.jpg

Zn5YAy5.jpg

uCRQ2Kf.jpg

hK7urjS.jpg

j5pEghX.jpg

Welllp, I'm back from our February break trip!

Welcome back!

I have a monster midterm coming up this week, so thats the priority for now,

pffft... Where're your priorities????

we had AMAZING summer-like weather, we were much more successful in seeing night shows than we were in December (4, compared to none), and we tried some new things and made some fun memories.

That's great! :)

Okay.... So... I selected that photo and was going to write "Wow! Great shot!".... but as I scrolled down, I realized I'd have to select pretty much all of them.

Holy crap, girl. You got some beautiful pictures!

She's got the whole world, in her hands....

:lmao:

You got some incredible pictures!!! I can't pick a favorite. Where did you get the mountains are calling shirt? I would love one for my dh.

Welcome back!

Thanks!!

pffft... Where're your priorities????

...obviously not in the right place since I'm back here already...Research Design is haaarrrddd
5qscaaA.gif

Okay.... So... I selected that photo and was going to write "Wow! Great shot!".... but as I scrolled down, I realized I'd have to select pretty much all of them.

Holy crap, girl. You got some beautiful pictures!

Thank you!! I didn't take my SLR this time, so the image quality isn't fantastic on most of them, but that doesn't bother me much since I knew that going in. But I was happy with what I could come up with using mostly my iPhone. I love reliving trips through the pictures we take. :lovestruc

Teeheheh I'd already maxed out my score by that point, so I was just chillin' out, being a Galactic Hero and whatnot. :rolleyes1

You got some incredible pictures!!! I can't pick a favorite. Where did you get the mountains are calling shirt? I would love one for my dh.

Thank you!!

I really liked that shirt. Very fitting for Nathan! I got it from a shop on Etsy, and the seller was excellent. I wanted the "My Oh My What a Wonderful Day" shirt for myself, so I asked her if she could print the mountains one for me on a shirt that was the same color, and she was happy to oblige.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/505394123/the-disney-mountains-are-calling-black?ref=related-4

...obviously not in the right place since I'm back here already...Research Design is haaarrrddd
5qscaaA.gif

Au contraire. Your priorities are right since you are back here.

:rolleyes1

Thank you!! I didn't take my SLR this time, so the image quality isn't fantastic on most of them, but that doesn't bother me much since I knew that going in. But I was happy with what I could come up with using mostly my iPhone. I love reliving trips through the pictures we take. :lovestruc

You took those with your phone????

:faint:

Teeheheh I'd already maxed out my score by that point, so I was just chillin' out, being a Galactic Hero and whatnot. :rolleyes1

:sad2:

The best I've done is not so great. I keep thinking that in stead of a Galactic Hero button, they'll give me a Galactic Dweeb one. Is there a prize for extreme ineptitude?

You took those with your phone????

:faint:

Yepp!! Well, except the giraffe one, and a couple of others I haven't shared yet. I have a little Canon Powershot point-and-shoot camera I take with me sometimes, and it was responsible for those ones. It's getting slow and starting to show its age though, so I mostly stuck with my phone. I'm hoping to upgrade to a more mid-range SLR at some point in the next year or so, probably a gently-used one from somewhere like Henry's, but I don't know much about them, so I'm just starting my research. I just have a Canon Rebel. And if I do upgrade, I'm hoping that my next birthday present to myself will be a beginner photography class! I'm pretty clueless when it comes to camera settings, other than the very basics, and I hang out in auto more than I'd like.

:sad2:

The best I've done is not so great. I keep thinking that in stead of a Galactic Hero button, they'll give me a Galactic Dweeb one. Is there a prize for extreme ineptitude?

I take my Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin verrrry seriously!! :P I'm just lucky that I've been taught which targets to aim for. I'm in the process of teaching Nathan now. I think a Galactic Dweeb button would be an excellent idea. To wear ironically, of course.

Welcome back, wow those are great pictures, love them. I am glad you all had an awesome trip! We sure couldn’t beat the weather, it was spectacular! I came back to way to much snow, yuck, it apparently snowed the whole time we were in Florida!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter