"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

oh nooooooo!!!!!

Trust me, I know how much work that is... and... not just one chapter.... but a whole TR???? :faint:

I'm so sorry, Meghan! :hug:

2yjuGZm.jpg

On a lighter note..... I love this! Absolutely perfect! :laughing: :thumbsup2

I am pretty sure I did the same thing. It's like the freshman 15. It's the post-married 15.

It's easy to do! Especially since I was being so careful about what I ate and how much I exercised leading up to the wedding. That's okay! (For the record, I also definitely gained the freshman 15 a few years ago, too! :P)

I think we looked it up and came to basically the same conclusion. I love that my girls like going on this ride, even though they could easily say it's boring and full of history. So, I will take it! And I do like the Thank the Phoenician shirts!

I'm so glad the girls love SE! I don't think I could ever get too tired of this ride.

Yeah. I wrote about that. Showered, refreshed.... within two steps of my room, I was soaking wet again.

Yep. This is August in a nutshell!

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Unless it's digital, then it's once. Or it's LED digital, then it's just off.

:lmao:

Yes! Let me know! My tummy is depending on this info.

We're headed there today! I'll be keeping an eye out.

Yuck. I'm willing to eat most vegetables, but salty mushrooms sound disgusting :crazy2:

Yep. 100% yuck! I mostly love vegetables, but I was not a fan.

Um, yes!!!! Sort of like how I realized our already planned and paid for trip to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina in June would take us within 6 hours of Walt Disney World!! And so,naturally, I started planning for a quickie trip to WDW and am already trying to figure out how to make it last another week!!

Absolutely! Oooh, I'd be interested to hear about how you like Hilton Head!

I noticed that the file I've been writing my December TR in was missing from my desktop. I panicked and started searching for it. I had already written the majority of the TR, and just would have needed to do some editing and add photos. It had taken hours and hours, and I'd written tens of thousands of words. Even though it's just a TR, I'm incredibly upset to say that it's gone.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry that happened! Such a bummer to do all that work and it's just gone :sad:

On a brighter note, here's a sneak peak from our current trip...

AiB5zBK.jpg

2yjuGZm.jpg

:rotfl: Awesome pictures!

Have a great trip!

oh nooooooo!!!!!

Trust me, I know how much work that is... and... not just one chapter.... but a whole TR???? :faint:

I'm so sorry, Meghan! :hug:

Thanks! I guess that's what I get for not running Time Machine. It was bound to catch up with me eventually. But why couldn't I have lost, like, a big paper for school or something, and not a trip report!?? :lmao: ...but actually: :sad:

Yep. This is August in a nutshell!

That is correct. You have to be some kind of nutshell to go to Disney in August.

And yet... we do.

We're headed there today! I'll be keeping an eye out.

Thanks! Seriously!

Thanks! I guess that's what I get for not running Time Machine. It was bound to catch up with me eventually. But why couldn't I have lost, like, a big paper for school or something, and not a trip report!?? :lmao: ...but actually: :sad:

:hug:

So sorry about the December TR! I know that feeling all too well.

Those pictures from your current trip are AWESOME!!! LOVE them all! (and the shirts are adorable too! :))

That is my worst nightmare :( Technology always finds a way to mess with me. So sad that you aren't able to recover your TR :(

Love your sneak peek pics :)

Hello from WDW! I'm in Disney today, which is happy. But I'm also feeling very sad. Last night, when I opened up my computer, I noticed that the file I've been writing my December TR in was missing from my desktop. I panicked and started searching for it. I had already written the majority of the TR, and just would have needed to do some editing and add photos. It had taken hours and hours, and I'd written tens of thousands of words. Even though it's just a TR, I'm incredibly upset to say that it's gone. We've checked all the usual places and tried the usual tricks (N is quite the computer tech.) But, of course, I had been neglecting my back-ups, and religiously deleting my trash, etc. At this point I'm really not feeling much like re-writing it all, so I'm not sure whether it will ever become a TR or not. And if it does, I don't expect it will be as detailed as it was when I wrote it all while it was fresh in my mind. But for now, I'll focus on what I have to finish up for August, and time will tell about the rest.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'd be dying!! I HATE seeing time and effort lost, and this is colossal! I'm so sorry, Meghan. Truly. What a loss- not just a chapter (that's happened to me and I get upset over just one chapter! A whole TR. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

However, I LOVE this photo! Super cute!

Last night, when I opened up my computer, I noticed that the file I've been writing my December TR in was missing from my desktop. I panicked and started searching for it.
NOOOO!!! That sucks! I do this at work sometimes, and it is soooo frustrating. I am going old school with my notes for this past trip. I just need to finish them before I forget everything!

Love it! Looks like you guys are having a good time!

Doing a quick catch-up while you're off enjoying the magic AGAIN...

Thank goodness I have left over salad from earlier that I can dig into so I don't have to dig into my newly bought groceries because your report is making me so hungry. You really went to the best places, even if you didn't have the best experiences. That breakfast at BOG sounds so so perfect about now (even if it is nearly midnight lol... I like fancy breakfasts!)

I'm sorry to hear about the rooming mess at the Poly. You definitely must've just ran into a disgruntled bunch of CMs. It happens, sometimes justified, sometimes... there are just bad CMs unfortunately (I've worked with them...).

I'm sorry to hear you lost all your writing for your next report. Hate it when something like that happens. I know it happened many times on one of my old old TRs (like near decade old ones) which is why I'm oh so careful about how I save chapters and where. I hope you'll still give us a little something.

Loving all your Festival of the Arts pics! Cannot wait to hear all about it and all these trips you've been taking! Wishing you safe travels home in advanced and a belated magical trip! :mickeyjum

Oh, no! :sad1: I'm so sorry to hear that. I come from a place of SUPER empathy when I say that because as you might remember, I lost all photos from my August trip and had to pull out of the TR midway through it. Technology has gotten the best of both of us :sad: Here's a :hug:

I'm so happy to hear you're having a good time, the pictures are great - and omg those shirts!!! :flower1: Amazing!!!

Everyone has already said it, but I'll add my whoas to list:
Noooooo!!!!

I'm so, so, so sorry to hear your whole TR disappeared. All of us DISers here sympathize with you; we all know how much time and effort goes into these reports!

Looks like you guys are having fun at Disney and enjoying the Festival of Arts!

Getting caught back up on your TR. I can only imagine how disheartening loosing an entire TR would be. I've lost a 1 day write up and it was so frustrating.

so we just booked the last 5 nights of our August trip with them...at the Grand Floridian!!
excited-kid-gif-eye.gif

we're paying $300 a night, taxes in
What a great rate you can't pass that up.

We decided after a short rest that we'd head out to another park that night. I'd been able to get FP+ for Flight of Passage, and for Rivers of Light, which were both still very new,
Great luck on those FP's.

:scared: It made me incredibly motion sick, and I ended up having to close my eyes for most of it.
So sorry and I agree w/ N an awesome ride but not sure I could call it my fave.

And N got something I'd been telling him about for a while: the tonga toast!
been wanting to get this for the last 3 trips but haven't yet.

Love this pic

we also experienced more rudeness from both CMs the second day than I've ever seen. It was the worst customer service experience we've had at WDW, and it just put a slight damper on being at the Poly, which, being such a pricey deluxe resort, we had expected to be oozing with good vibes and positive guest relations.
Ridiculous especially after all the $ you spent on a Disney Wedding.

We had a nice little balcony, which was something I'd hoped for. It was narrow, but fairly long. (That's what she said?)
:rotfl2:That's about the size of most Disney Balcony's I think.

Your making my mouth water

And N is constantly being asked how he manages to make a living as an artist, and there are lots of people who don't think it's a "real" job.
WHAT?????

:snail: It turns out that the Poly seems to have an abundance of large snails, since @xlsm also saw one there.
Oh yum escargot.

But I love that we did it this once because it's one of my favourite things in our living room now. (We have a "wedding wall" :laughing:)
Love your wall. You had so many great wedding photo's not sure how you could have narrowed it down to just those.

I saw this dress at Poly in Dec. Not sure what I love most your dress or that you guys match.

Hope you enjoyed your Feb trip:beach:

Those shots from the Festival are adorable! So sorry about your Dec. files, that sounds like something that would happen to me :headache: Bad enough when you've written up a whole update and it disappears, but to lose a whole file.......ouch!

omorrow morning is also my ADR day for August, so I've got my plan set for what ADRs to aim for. I think this next trip will really help in preventing too much post-Disney depression when I get home next week. Always good to have another trip on the go!!

OK OK, I know somewhere you mentioned we'll be down there at the same time in Aug and I'm SO excited to hopefully see you and N again :cheer2: We're the 18th through either the 25th or 26th and we're at BLT. I'm sure your dates are here somewhere :surfweb: but um, you know how good I've been at keeping up so can you pretty please tell me again? And since I'm just finalizing our March plans I have no idea what we're doing in August and when but if our dates are overlapping we're definitely meeting up!

Over a number of weeks I’ve read all of your amazing trip report, thank you so much. Your voice is engaging, heart warming, informative, pictures are beautiful, it’s just been addictive to read. My son and future DIL hope to have a Disney wedding which is how I landed but your coping strategies with your health issues have given me ideas and encouragement for our next trip. (61 Days :yay:).

It will be my first since disabled with concussion related issues and some days I’ve worried about the success of this trip. We are planning a relaxing, be in the moment trip but it’s going to be different from past trips. You highlighted a couple points I’d forgotten from previous visits, first aid locations for instance, that I can use if needed and prompted me to think about simple things like ear plugs to tamp down sensory stuff like Test Track, which we love but the stand by line music could do me ino_O . I just want to thank you for your encouragement.

I know it’s a ton of work, polished or not, edited photos or not, I’ve enjoyed it all. I don’t know how you manage it all but thank you. Hope your enjoying your trip and look forward to the next instalment.

All the best from another Maritimer. (I’m in HRM as well)

Thanks! Seriously!

Maple popcorn verdict: no longer in the Magic Kingdom, but still available in Epcot at the Canada pavilion. I was pretty sad this morning when I couldn't manage to cram my leftover maple popcorn into my suitcase. :(

So sorry about the December TR! I know that feeling all too well.

Those pictures from your current trip are AWESOME!!! LOVE them all! (and the shirts are adorable too! :))

Thank you!!

I'm so sorry about your December TR, I'm sure you are upset!

Great pics from your current trip!!

Thank you!!

That is my worst nightmare :( Technology always finds a way to mess with me. So sad that you aren't able to recover your TR :(

Love your sneak peek pics :)

Uggh, it was awful! It's my own fault for being lazy about my back-ups. We tried everything—even programs that go in and find the sad ghosts of your deleted files and recover them. Nothing.

Thank you!!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'd be dying!! I HATE seeing time and effort lost, and this is colossal! I'm so sorry, Meghan. Truly. What a loss- not just a chapter (that's happened to me and I get upset over just one chapter! A whole TR. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Uggh, it's the worst!! Now I guess it'll teach me to be much more diligent about my back-ups. And...it's was gonna be a goooood report, too. Great stories, while they were still fresh. I'm still grieving it just a little. But, alas, there are worse things to lose!

However, I LOVE this photo! Super cute!

Thank you!! It was a really neat light effect!

Oh no!! I hate to hear that about your December TR.

Have a magical trip!! :D

Thank you!!

NOOOO!!! That sucks! I do this at work sometimes, and it is soooo frustrating. I am going old school with my notes for this past trip. I just need to finish them before I forget everything!

That's probably a good idea! Sometimes it's better not to rely on technology!

Love it! Looks like you guys are having a good time!

Thanks! We made some good memories :)

Doing a quick catch-up while you're off enjoying the magic AGAIN...

Thank goodness I have left over salad from earlier that I can dig into so I don't have to dig into my newly bought groceries because your report is making me so hungry. You really went to the best places, even if you didn't have the best experiences. That breakfast at BOG sounds so so perfect about now (even if it is nearly midnight lol... I like fancy breakfasts!)

Disney food is kind of life. Nom! And we really decided to go all out for the honeymoon.

I'm sorry to hear about the rooming mess at the Poly. You definitely must've just ran into a disgruntled bunch of CMs. It happens, sometimes justified, sometimes... there are just bad CMs unfortunately (I've worked with them...).

Yeah, sometimes these things just happen. And sometimes they happen with certain CMs more than others I'm sure. We've almost always have 110% amazing customer service at WDW, so this was just a blip on the radar in the scheme of things.

I'm sorry to hear you lost all your writing for your next report. Hate it when something like that happens. I know it happened many times on one of my old old TRs (like near decade old ones) which is why I'm oh so careful about how I save chapters and where. I hope you'll still give us a little something.

Uggh, it's the worst!! I wish I'd be more diligent about my back-ups, but alas, nothing to do at this point...but possibly to rebuild. :)

Loving all your Festival of the Arts pics! Cannot wait to hear all about it and all these trips you've been taking! Wishing you safe travels home in advanced and a belated magical trip! :mickeyjum

Thanks!!

Oh, no! :sad1: I'm so sorry to hear that. I come from a place of SUPER empathy when I say that because as you might remember, I lost all photos from my August trip and had to pull out of the TR midway through it. Technology has gotten the best of both of us :sad: Here's a :hug:

I'm so happy to hear you're having a good time, the pictures are great - and omg those shirts!!! :flower1: Amazing!!!

I thought of you and the loss of your photos when this happened!! It's so frustrating and heartbreaking to lose these things! But could be much worse.

And thank you!!

Everyone has already said it, but I'll add my whoas to list:
Noooooo!!!!

I'm so, so, so sorry to hear your whole TR disappeared. All of us DISers here sympathize with you; we all know how much time and effort goes into these reports!

Looks like you guys are having fun at Disney and enjoying the Festival of Arts!

It's so much work to write these TRs, as most people here know, so it's so frustrating and disheartening to lose that work! But yes, we had some fun on our trip, for sure!

Getting caught back up on your TR. I can only imagine how disheartening loosing an entire TR would be. I've lost a 1 day write up and it was so frustrating.

Thanks, it's pretty frustrating!! I guess at least I had fun writing it, so that enjoyment wasn't a waste.

Ridiculous especially after all the $ you spent on a Disney Wedding.

We weren't super impressed. But it could have been much worse I suppose!

Your making my mouth water

We really did eat well on this trip!! Yum!!

Love your wall. You had so many great wedding photo's not sure how you could have narrowed it down to just those.

Thank you! It was hard to choose!

Those shots from the Festival are adorable! So sorry about your Dec. files, that sounds like something that would happen to me :headache: Bad enough when you've written up a whole update and it disappears, but to lose a whole file.......ouch!

Thank you!! And yes, soo frustrating and sad!

OK OK, I know somewhere you mentioned we'll be down there at the same time in Aug and I'm SO excited to hopefully see you and N again :cheer2: We're the 18th through either the 25th or 26th and we're at BLT. I'm sure your dates are here somewhere :surfweb: but um, you know how good I've been at keeping up so can you pretty please tell me again? And since I'm just finalizing our March plans I have no idea what we're doing in August and when but if our dates are overlapping we're definitely meeting up!

We are going in August!! Looks like we'll probably fly in the 15th and out the 27th, so we should have lots of opportunity to meet up at some point!! :cool1:

OMG BLT, that will be wonderful :lovestruc I would love to stay there someday, even just for the convenience to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter