"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Trying to get caught up around here!! I just read all about your wedding day from the start...wow, what an incredible (if long) day you had!! It's no wonder you were wiped out at the end of it. Looked pretty darn close to perfect though. It must be such fun to relive it here on your TR! It's funny what you said about the violinist and what they were playing, how when you sweat such tiny details way in advance and then a lot of little things you don't even notice when they are actually happening. Have to try to remember that when planning things lol Hope you are enjoying your holidays so far, and I'm so jealous you get to go back so soon!

(P.S. If you've never been to Canada and gone into a Chapters/Indigo store, I pity you. I could live there.)

I need to go to Canada JUST to get these socks!

(There are dozens of us, and we get grouped into quartets for different events. Often you'll be singing with new people for the first time at any given event. Here's a quartet I was in a few weeks ago...)
zAxyCH1.jpg

You all look super cute!

Most of them did not know I was going to do it between the wedding ceremony and the dinner that night!

That is shocking!

On my way out of the salon, I took this selfie to send my bridesmaids...

SpqBqCB.jpg

Wow! It looks amazing!

Also, Friday night I handed in my last take-home exam, and I'm officially free! I'm 99% sure I've passed everything...time will tell about the one exam I'm incredibly concerned about...fingers crossed!

Congratulations!!

...he asks, "Do you want the Disney guy!?" in the pictures. The Disney Guy. AKA: himself. :rotfl:

Awkwardly, he didn't really give us a choice. He just jumped in the picture and put his arm around my other side. So we took pictures with The Disney Guy!

That is super awkward :crazy2:

Yay! Giraffe visit = BEST extra wedding present!

:love:

And when it was time for dessert I told our server I was ready and she got the chef to bring me this...

Yum!

As we were finishing up for the night, our server offered to take a photo of our table, which was totally appreciated!

Great photo!

Somehow, FINALLY, this day had come to an end...and so, thus ends this incredibly long portion of the trip report! It was one of my longest days ever, but also one of the absolute best. I'm sure it'll sound suspiciously innocent for me to say we had an early night and immediately hit the hay on our wedding night...but we were wiped out and that's exactly what happened! :laughing:

What an amazing, wonderful day! Congratulations, again!

(P.S. If you've never been to Canada and gone into a Chapters/Indigo store, I pity you. I could live there.)
I need to investigate this.
Instead of just studying, I've also been working! I left my job "princessing," and this week I'm leaving the diner singing gig, in an effort to preserve my mental health and have more time for school. BUT, I also have a seasonal gig with a company that does Christmas carolling! Between Friday-Sunday, I carolled for 8+ hours, mostly outdoors, and it was chilly! I'm still regaining feeling in my toes!!
Looks fun! I'm a wimp and might not last though :)
and took the 75 bobby pins out of my hair. ...yes, I counted. 75. I hopped in the shower, and continued to shampoo until the...hairspray?...perhaps glue?...was out of my hair.
Wow! And I thought I usually end up with a lot of bobby pins! I definitely didn't have anything like that.
Now, back up here: on a previous trip, I'd vowed never to get the DxDP ever again...but this trip we got it for a very specific reason... It gave us 18 TS meal credits, which we used to pay for 18 of the 20 people we were about to host at Boma that evening! The TS credits worked out to cost somewhere around $37 each on the DxDP, and the meals at Boma out of pocket would have been somewhere around $46 a plate. Great deal!! It also meant that we had a whole bunch of snacks to redeem, and I made good use of some of them at Erin McKenna's later.
This is such a great idea!
She also said that she would cut my bangs a little longer than the pictures I showed her...because I had a very long forehead and I wouldn't want to accentuate that! ...Grrreeat! Thanks! :thumbsup2
:rotfl: I've had a few... invested... hair stylists. I always feel like, shhhh.... I know that you don't want me to make a hair mistake, but my hair grows fast... you could just say, it will fit your face better, or not even say anything and you probably wouldn't have noticed. Anyways, I think your haircut is super cute!
(2) "Just Married" buttons with Cinderella/Prince Charming on them, which can be seen in my photo above.
That's so cool that they gave you those! I was going to ebay some and time got away from me. I did find some red anniversary ones for Zack's parents, because their anniversary was the day before the wedding.
We got some new matching couple's shirts...
These are so cute! And different, I love them!
Nick totally left the little window thing open and kept trying to chat with us the whole way there...which felt a little weird while we were trying to hang out with each other and have fun.
door-3.gif

This picture is adorable :goodvibes
...he asks, "Do you want the Disney guy!?" in the pictures. The Disney Guy. AKA: himself. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: The fact that he called himself the Disney Guy. Like what???
Yay! Giraffe visit = BEST extra wedding present!
giraffe-wedding-cake-topper-jungle-safari-zoo-circus-themed-wedding-bride-and-groom-mr-and-mrs-wedding-sign-kissing-animal-decorations-lover.jpg

I had told them ahead of time when we first arrived that we were going to be a large group of 20—we'd had to book the ADR as two reservations of 10—and I asked if they could put us as close together as possible. They ended up putting us all at one long table in the middle of the restaurant!
Nice! We did not have this luck at our biggest group meal... though it wasn't our wedding day lol.
And when it was time for dessert I told our server I was ready and she got the chef to bring me this...

XUDFdg1.jpg
Wow! That is amazing and looks delicious!

Love your matching shirts and ears for your upcoming trip.

A great end to the night!

I'm so happy to hear that your wedding meal was at Boma since that is my favorite Disney restaurant. My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with a meal there- they brought complimentary champagne and cupcakes- like we needed more food!

You look adorable! Love the short haircut and your dress is super cute.

WTH Nick?!? If you didn't bring a wedding present you don't belong in the photos!

YAY for the giraffe visit before your meal.

Once again, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful wedding with all of us!

:love:

Themed shirts and ears and such for our Marathon Weekend trip!!
Yay! That's exciting. I cant wait to hear about this trip, too! We decided just this week that we are going Marathon Weekend in 2019. I'm aiming for the 10K and I am stoked!

Still loving the wedding day updates and LOVE THE HAIR!

By the way - I think that's the same giraffe that came over to visit us a few weeks ago. :rotfl:

Merry Christmas to all my friends here who celebrated today!
And a very Happy Hanukkah, a Happy Kwanza, and a Happy Winter Solstice, to name just a few others. Wishing you all well today, and always, and hoping you've had the chance to share at least a part of the season with those you love.

Our Christmas involved a snow storm which seems to have put down even more than the anticipated foot of snow we were preparing for. It must have been a pretty serious pressure system, because I woke up this morning too dizzy to stand up. I'm very hopeful that tomorrow will be much better, both for clearing the roads and for my physical health...as tomorrow is our Fly Day for our next trip!! WDW, here we come!! I'm also hopeful that I am about to get one more TR update completed...because it will probably be my last until we return from our trip in the new year after Marathon Weekend. If you'd like to see the occasional post from our upcoming trip, I can be found on Instagram @meghanemilymclean. I haven't decided whether there will be a TR for this trip or not, but if so, I'll be dealing strictly in iPhone photos and Photopass, which will be a first. The bags are packed, and I don't think I'd have room for another camera even if I'd wanted to bring it!

What a fun night! Your dress is so pretty and showcased your new haircut very nicely :) I'm glad everyone, including yourself, enjoyed the food! And yay for a giraffe sighting!

Thanks so much!! It was a really excellent night! Couldn't have asked for better. It wouldn't have been the best fit for every couple not to have a more official reception, but we had a ball :)

What a wonderful Wedding day you all had. Your hair cut is very cute, have you ever watched Rosemary’s baby? It is definitely like Mia Farrow. I use to wear mine quite short because of being petite and easy to care for. What a good idea to do the DxDP for the wedding guests at Boma.

The limousine looks like a cool ride.

I did my FP for February on Sunday, I got everything we wanted!

Thanks so much!! And yes, our limo was a pretty fancy ride! We enjoyed it a lot!

Trying to get caught up around here!! I just read all about your wedding day from the start...wow, what an incredible (if long) day you had!! It's no wonder you were wiped out at the end of it. Looked pretty darn close to perfect though. It must be such fun to relive it here on your TR! It's funny what you said about the violinist and what they were playing, how when you sweat such tiny details way in advance and then a lot of little things you don't even notice when they are actually happening. Have to try to remember that when planning things lol Hope you are enjoying your holidays so far, and I'm so jealous you get to go back so soon!

It was definitely quite a long day, but really wonderful for the most part! I'm have a really great time writing and re-reading everything to remember it all again. :) We've been having a nice holiday—hope you have as well! We're getting pretty excited now that the trip is coming up...TOMORROW! :)

Isn't it interesting that the moment you get back from Disney, you are immediately jealous/envious of anyone who is going to go soon?

:rolleyes2

It's a very real thing. Post Disney Depression is a real illness to be taken seriously, and jealousy is often one of my major side effects.

That's awesome! I'm sure that one will be fine. :)

It was! Every class is passed and accounted for, and I found out before Christmas, which lightened the stress significantly! Can't complain :goodvibes

You match your shirts to your ears?
"Meghan only has flesh coloured shirts. Although she does have a few bright red ones for when she gets embarrassed."

Oh my gawd...

:blush:

Those are really nice! Although, when you said "Be our guest" ears... I was thinking "What do those have to do with Beauty and the Beast??"

Mmm, should have been more specific! The shop is pretty serious business, too. They sell out fairly quickly and only open for new orders once a week.

Be careful. You get separated and someone's gonna grab you and keep you.

:rotfl2:
Also, I told Nathan he had to wear the "Swim-ming" shirt because it bothered me how the word was divided! :laughing: Technically it's how you would divide the syllables properly and everything, but in speech language pathology we usually split words based on the elements that actually have meaning, so it would be more like "swim/ing" or "swimm/ing," and for some reason I figured I'd be obsessing about this division decision enough if I were wearing it that I wouldn't enjoy it. Also...I much more of a Marlin. Sadly. Nathan's a fabulous Dory type. :)

Um..... that doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Exactly what I thought! When your driver can't find the main lobby... :eek:

Have I ever told you what a delightful smile you have, Meghan?

Thank you! That's very kind! It was a particularly easy smile that day.

:lmao: You're kidding! That's hysterical!

Oh, I'd never kid about the Disney Guy!

There's the wedding party!!

Um........

The guy on the left is obviously a photobomber.

Haha poor Brad!

Whoops! How uncomfortable was he?

Very much so! He's an easy-going guy, but he also loves to dress properly for the occasion, has quite a tie collection, etc, etc.

You didn't invite him for dinner?!?!?!?

Shocking, I know!

Baa.... Baaaaaaa....

::yes:: :laughing:

:lmao:
Who cares about the whole married thing. Giraffe, people!

Exactly!! Priorities!!

Always amazed when I read posts like that.
I don't know how common that is outside of Disney.

It's really incredible. Disney is the only place I feel super confident about eating, other than my own home. Once in a while a restaurant will go above and beyond for allergies around here, but it's very rare. At Disney I've found it's very rare NOT to get this kind of service.

She's missing out. Disney has really upped its game in the food area.

100%! She's seen the light now!

Yes. That's what we're for.
Also taking out the trash and lifting heavy things.

He's great at lifting heavy things! And holding hands, or holding hair. And opening tight jar lids!

Nathan appreciated this reference very much.

Kidding. After your day, I'm surprised you didn't have to be carried, comatose, to your room.

It was a serious possibility...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Meghan! :goodvibes

Thank you! And a very Merry Christmas to you, also!

I need to go to Canada JUST to get these socks!

It would be a legit reason!! They're pretty awesome! I wore mine this morning for Christmas festivities. :) There are also lots of other neat things in these parts for you to discover if you make the trek across the border.

Wow! It looks amazing!

Thank you!! I really like how low maintenance it is to "do" my hair.

That is super awkward :crazy2:

Oh my gosh, it was. But The Disney Guy made for a great story, and some strange photos! :P

What an amazing, wonderful day! Congratulations, again!

Thank you!!

Looks fun! I'm a wimp and might not last though :)

Oh yeah, I had a hard time getting through the long carolling gigs...especially the outdoor ones. *brrrrrr*

:rotfl: I've had a few... invested... hair stylists. I always feel like, shhhh.... I know that you don't want me to make a hair mistake, but my hair grows fast... you could just say, it will fit your face better, or not even say anything and you probably wouldn't have noticed. Anyways, I think your haircut is super cute!

There are so many other ways she could have said it! Or, just, like not at all. And strangely, I've been told by other people how round my face is. So I don't believe anyone anymore! And thank you!!

That's so cool that they gave you those! I was going to ebay some and time got away from me. I did find some red anniversary ones for Zack's parents, because their anniversary was the day before the wedding.

That's really cute about the anniversary buttons! It's always nice to show you're celebrating. :)

YES! 100%.

:rotfl2: The fact that he called himself the Disney Guy. Like what???

Right!?? This was just such a strange but hilarious moment!

:lovestruc

Nice! We did not have this luck at our biggest group meal... though it wasn't our wedding day lol.

:sad2: That's so unfortunate. :sad2:

Following along.

:welcome:

I NEED MORE!!!!!!! I have loved every update of this story!!! And for the record I LOVE your hair!!!

Thanks so much for following! I'm having fun writing it whenever I find the time. And thank you!! I'm loving short hair life...except for the times I get ponytail envy!

Love your matching shirts and ears for your upcoming trip.

Thank you! Can't wait to sport them for the first time very soon!

I'm so happy to hear that your wedding meal was at Boma since that is my favorite Disney restaurant. My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with a meal there- they brought complimentary champagne and cupcakes- like we needed more food!

It's such an awesome place! That sounds like such an excellent experience you had there. We went back for breakfast on this trip as well, and we're going back next week...yummm....:lovestruc

WTH Nick?!? If you didn't bring a wedding present you don't belong in the photos!

100%! :thumbsup2

Yay! That's exciting. I cant wait to hear about this trip, too! We decided just this week that we are going Marathon Weekend in 2019. I'm aiming for the 10K and I am stoked!

Ohh exciting! Best of luck in your training! I'm really looking forward to our first runDisney event...

Still loving the wedding day updates and LOVE THE HAIR!

Thank you!! :hug:

By the way - I think that's the same giraffe that came over to visit us a few weeks ago. :rotfl:

:laughing: So cute!!

And a very Happy Hanukkah, a Happy Kwanza, and a Happy Winter Solstice, to name just a few others. Wishing you all well today, and always, and hoping you've had the chance to share at least a part of the season with those you love.

Our Christmas involved a snow storm which seems to have put down even more than the anticipated foot of snow we were preparing for. It must have been a pretty serious pressure system, because I woke up this morning too dizzy to stand up. I'm very hopeful that tomorrow will be much better, both for clearing the roads and for my physical health...as tomorrow is our Fly Day for our next trip!! WDW, here we come!! I'm also hopeful that I am about to get one more TR update completed...because it will probably be my last until we return from our trip in the new year after Marathon Weekend. If you'd like to see the occasional post from our upcoming trip, I can be found on Instagram @meghanemilymclean. I haven't decided whether there will be a TR for this trip or not, but if so, I'll be dealing strictly in iPhone photos and Photopass, which will be a first. The bags are packed, and I don't think I'd have room for another camera even if I'd wanted to bring it!
Merry Christmas Meghan (and Nathan). Hope you get feeling better soon. For me personally, I don't do instagram so I hope you do a TR also.

I just caught up and haven't commented yet, but since you leave tomorrow
1. MERRY CHRISTMAS! and
2. have a wonderful trip and a very happy New Year pixiedust:

Merry Christmas to you, as well!

I'm very hopeful that tomorrow will be much better, both for clearing the roads and for my physical health.

Hope you're feeling better!

WDW, here we come!!

Awesome! Have a great trip!

I'll be dealing strictly in iPhone photos and Photopass, which will be a first.

It's all I ever use anymore…go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter