I beat cancer,now we're going to Disney World!!!

I actually got some stuff done! After the girl scout meeting (which I cut short by half an hour) we came home and I got to work on the packing. This is when I realized that neither of my kids have enough shorts and my husband and my daughter and I all need new socks. So I guess I am going to spend some of my Disney money tonight and go buy everyone at least one or two more pairs of shorts and socks all around. :sad2:

Plus I think Donovan needs another pair of shoes. I know, I know. New shoes and Disney do not go together. What can you do? I'll only have him wear them if his other pair gets wet or has a problem. I tried to buy him some crocs a couple of weeks ago. No one is really carrying them around here and I am too cheap to buy them from the website. I was planning to buy the el cheapos from Payless but they didn't have them. So the drug store down the street had some real Crocs on clearance and I bought him a pair that he insisted fit him great and I took the kids on a forced march to make sure there were no problems with the new Crocs. Hannah's were fine, but Donovan's gave him blisters on his ankles. So those had to go. :headache:

So tonight the plan is- on the way home, stop and get cash. Come home, have Brian help me clean out the trunk of my car- it is so full of STUFF. I have four fold up chairs and multitudes of leftovers from winter when it was too cold to clean stuff out. I just seem to keep accumulating in my trunk. I am the very definition of "junk in the trunk" in more ways than one.

So, we'll clean out the trunk and then I am going to go hit ShopKo and Kohl's and possibly Target if I can't find what I need. We usually get Donovan's Nikes at Kohl's so I'll probably go there first and then to ShopKo for the socks and shorts. If I was smart, I'd take the kids with me and have them try stuff on at the store so I don't have to return anything. Too bad for me I am not smart. I hate to drag the kids around and they always have the "gimmees" and try to pester me into buying a bunch of useless junk. So I would rather suffer having to go back than suffer thru a shopping trip with both of them begging for every little thing. Man, when will they grow out of
that????:rolleyes1

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to post but maybe I can get a few tonight of how beautiful Donovan's suitcase looks. :love: I have all of his outfits together in ziplocks and I even made him a new t-shirt. I made one for Hannah too. Sure do love those DISigners!!!

Hannah said to me this morning "Do you remember when we had 9 days left?" LOL, I am old but not so old I can't remember six days ago. So I said "yes, we got up and did the single digit dance." Ah, those were the good old days. So then I went in to see Donovan and he needed to do the "Three day dance". So we did:dance3: Three days!!!!!

So, we'll clean out the trunk and then I am going to go hit ShopKo and Kohl's and possibly Target if I can't find what I need. We usually get Donovan's Nikes at Kohl's so I'll probably go there first and then to ShopKo for the socks and shorts. If I was smart, I'd take the kids with me and have them try stuff on at the store so I don't have to return anything. Too bad for me I am not smart. I hate to drag the kids around and they always have the "gimmees" and try to pester me into buying a bunch of useless junk. So I would rather suffer having to go back than suffer thru a shopping trip with both of them begging for every little thing. Man, when will they grow out of
that????:rolleyes1

1st let me tell you Congrats on beating Cancer! :cheer2: :hug: I almost cried reading your post because I lost my Mom recently to a different form of Cancer.
You guys are going to have so much fun! But did I read wrong are you only doing MK for a half day?
I quoted the above portion because I have a 16 & 15 yr old and they still ask for everything when we go shopping! So I dont think they ever grow out of it! :rotfl:

1st let me tell you Congrats on beating Cancer! :cheer2: :hug: I almost cried reading your post because I lost my Mom recently to a different form of Cancer.
You guys are going to have so much fun! But did I read wrong are you only doing MK for a half day?
I quoted the above portion because I have a 16 & 15 yr old and they still ask for everything when we go shopping! So I dont think they ever grow out of it! :rotfl:

Thank you! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer sucks.

No we are going to be there for a full day on Sunday and then probably another half day on Thursday and we might turn up there on other times too. Depends. Friday isn't all that planned out and we don't leave til later on Saturday so we can hit a park for the morning that day too. I'm leaving some of it up in the air so we can go back to parks where we feel we missed something we wanted to do.

Yes, I figure they will likely never grow out of it until they have to start paying for it themselves.:rotfl:

Yeah !! I got caught up Chris!!! 3 days dance!!!! WOO HOO!!

:banana::banana::banana:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Your trip plans sound fabulous!! A lot of our goody bag stuff does match!! Great minds think alike!!! Congrats on beating breast cancer!!:hug: A Disney trip is an awesome way to celebrate!!!!
~Beth

I know, can you stand it??? Are you ready? How is the packing going? I saw on your TR that you had some crocs issues too. ARGH!

Thanks, Beth. Thanks for coming over to my PTR! I am just so darn excited. Does your little girl love the princesses? Or is she a bit too young? I don't think Hannah got into them until she was about three. It didn't last nearly long enough for me:( but she does still love Tinkerbell!

Oh, meant to say that I love your little Tink and Snow White! How adorable! Have you been to Disneyland before? Can't wait to hear about it!

Oh, meant to say that I love your little Tink and Snow White! How adorable! Have you been to Disneyland before? Can't wait to hear about it!

I love Tink and Snow White and of course Mickey! Last year at WDW my sister and I were about to get on the train and I looked down and saw Snow White and I was speechless...needless to say i got out of line to go get in her line and then right when i got there they cut the line off cuz she was going on break :headache: and at the MNSSHP she was there with ALL 7 dwarfs :cloud9: and I missed her again! I finally got a pic with her in Epcot and my son was laughing at me cuz i was so determined to take a picture with her. :love:

As for Disneyland I have gone every year since my kids were about 4 & 5 years old soooo this makes it our 11th year going to DL. We usuaslly drive down and it takes about 5.5 to 6 hrs to get there.

Beating cancer definitely deserves a trip to WDW!:hug: When we were there I saw a family all wearing t-shirts that were pink (even all the guys) and said something about fighting, winning, and now it was time to celebrate. I thought that was cute.

Hooray for leaving so soon!

I love Tink and Snow White and of course Mickey! Last year at WDW my sister and I were about to get on the train and I looked down and saw Snow White and I was speechless...needless to say i got out of line to go get in her line and then right when i got there they cut the line off cuz she was going on break :headache: and at the MNSSHP she was there with ALL 7 dwarfs :cloud9: and I missed her again! I finally got a pic with her in Epcot and my son was laughing at me cuz i was so determined to take a picture with her. :love:

As for Disneyland I have gone every year since my kids were about 4 & 5 years old soooo this makes it our 11th year going to DL. We usuaslly drive down and it takes about 5.5 to 6 hrs to get there.

Lucky kids to get to go every year!!! I have to agree, Snow White is awesome!

Beating cancer definitely deserves a trip to WDW!:hug: When we were there I saw a family all wearing t-shirts that were pink (even all the guys) and said something about fighting, winning, and now it was time to celebrate. I thought that was cute.

Hooray for leaving so soon!

I actually thought about making some BC shirts but there were just too many cute DISigns so I never. I can't believe that the day after tomorrow I am going to be winging my way to Disney!!!!:banana:

Thanks for reading my PTR!

I'm still catching up but I wanted to say you have a beautiful family and deserve a magical trip. Good luck and God bless. Ill catch up and BBL.

Shopping update. Wish I had pictures, lol!

When I got off work last night I headed over to CJ Banks, my favorite plus size gal store. I got myself two pairs of shorts but just about died from how expensive they are. I love that store but I NEVER, I mean NEVER buy anything at regular price. I always do clearance - not even sale, because their sale prices are still high. Each pair was $40! :scared1: Well, I had two shirts and the two pairs of shorts in my hand and I asked the sales lady if they were on sale and told her "I'm only going to buy one pair if they aren't on sale." Well, they weren't but she gave me the "girlfriends" discount of 15% off, so I went ahead and got both pairs but it was still $71! Luckily I had about $46 left on a gift card or I'd have been sweating. I just don't spend that much on myself. Of course, Brian said "Why didn't you get the shirts too?" It's weird how different our brains are wired, isn't it? :confused3

So I went home only to find that Brian had let D invite his buddy and his buddy's brother over. They were riding bikes in the street. The street is super busy. My kids know they aren't allowed to do that, but of course Brian was oblivious. I told the brother that he had to stay out of the street and he mouthed off to me that he can pretty much do what he wants and I told him "Look, you are at my house, we are responsible for you and you won't ride in the street or you won't ride at all." (He was riding Hannah's bike and Donovan has two bikes so his brother was riding D's other bike). ARGH. I was happy to leave! I went in the garage and chewed Brian out for not paying attention to what was going on and then Hannah and I left.

Needless to say, I was a bit frazzled when I left. I told Hannah that we were hitting Mickey D's. So she and I got the Bistro grilled chicken sandwich with a smidge of honey mustard. It was really good. I hadn't been to McDonalds in a really long time.

Then we went to ShopKo. That store has gotten pretty darn expensive- it was almost as bad as CJ Banks! Hannah got two pairs of plaid bermuda's-on sale they were still $20 each! I also got D two pairs of basketball shorts, which is pretty much all he wears except for jean shorts- which I thought might be too hot. I got Brian one pair of plaid shorts and then I got Hannah, Brian and I all new socks, I got D a pair of Nike sandals on clearance for $18 and I got Brian 5 new shirts. I also got Hannah a case for her ipod and I got myself two new shirts. My wallet was SCREAMING when I left! Because when I left there I headed over to Kohl's. Yep, I wasn't done spending. I got D a new pair of Nike's and I got myself two pairs of earrings and Hannah a new wallet. Everything was on sale and the checkout lady said we had saved "$69.01". Seriously? So when I got home I looked. It turns out that one of the pairs of earrings was sterling silver and was originally $40 and I paid $4. Hannah's wallet was $25 and we paid $2.50. D's Nikes were on sale too. OK, so you'd think we were done, right? What else do we need? Well, we headed over to Blockbuster to buy some DVD's. Both kids plan to bring their portable DVD players on the trip (????) so we went to get some of the 5/$20 movies. Monsters Vs. Aliens was in the pile, surprisingly. So we got our five movies and finally, finally stopped spending money and headed home.

As you can see, I am a cheapskate. Or, as I like to call myself "budget conscious". Normally, I would have shopped around a lot more and waited maybe for a better deal, but time is of the essence because we leave in 2 Days!!!!!!:woohoo:

Since I don't have any pics of the shopping bonanza, I thought I'd post a couple of pics from our South Dakota/Wyoming trip from October.

Donovan met these cool fellas- who had come down from the mountain to get a bite to eat.

IMG_5585.jpg

The mall at the monument.

IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5617.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

The South Dakota trip looks awesome. I have never been to a National Park (and I have been all over the world). I would love to take our kids on a trip like that but will wait until they are older. Have you had a minute to relax today?

The South Dakota trip looks awesome. I have never been to a National Park (and I have been all over the world). I would love to take our kids on a trip like that but will wait until they are older. Have you had a minute to relax today?

I thought it was wonderful. However, not really being able to walk and not feeling so great, that part wasn't the best. My kids loved it though. I thought they would be bored but they weren't. Now, I want to take them to Yellowstone. That is next on my wish list. (Well, really Alaska in next on my wishlist, but Yellowstone is next on the list of stuff that could actually happen). We are taking them to Branson this October during fall break. I think that will be nice too. We'll drive thru the Ozark Mountains and I think the kids will enjoy that. Plus I am hoping we can get tickets to Dixie Stampede. We're going to rent a condo.

No, I haven't had time to relax. I am at work and it has been pretty busy. I am leaving at 3 though to go pick up my compression garment ( I have to wear it when I fly, so you may see it in upcoming pictures) and then I have physical therapy. After that, Mom is coming over for dinner and THEN I will finish the packing. Or at least give it my best effort. Right now, it feels like I'll NEVER finish packing.

Hey Chris,
sounds like you were able to get some serious shopping done yesterday! glad to hear you are done!
the SD trip looks so relaxing we did that trip waaayyy back in 1993; we drove from LA through CO, WY, and SD...Yellowstone is my next trip; my wish list is YS, Hawaii, Alaska, and the Grand Canyon...I have alot more but those are the big one...

I'm not all packed either; plan to get to it tonight...I have most eveything pulled just need to iron a few pieces...

Have a great day and enjoy dinner with you MOM!
:wave2:

OMG, don't you just love Kohls!!!! You did really good shopping at all the stores. I went to Kohls today and between their big sale, a 15% off coupon and the spend $50 get $10 offer, I was able to get 11 new things for me at an average cost of $8 a piece!!!! I couldn't believe it. That included tops, sweatshirt jacket, dress pants, bathrobe and three pair of flip flop sandals!! We need to go shopping together......LOL Have a great day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter