I am having twins!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS

Here's a tip from a twin mum - when double the work is getting you down, think of all the triplet & quad mums out there!! It made me feel better!!!
I love having twins it makes you feel twice as blessed!!
Good luck to you!!

Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Our twins, were 5 Thursday. Granddaughter and grandson. We have 7 grandkids, but the twins are something special. Had to go to 2 birthday parties at McDonalds. One Thurs. for the girls, and yesterday for the boys. My daughter in law does a great job with them, they are babies 3 and 4 with the one right in front of them being 51 weeks older. Talk about being floored when she found out about the twins!!!!!

Can't wait to meet you, 6 weeks and counting. Don't forget, we still want to see the picture of the 2 little ones.

Donna

CONGRATULATIONS -- YOU ARE DOUBLY BLESSED!

I have twins too! :) It goes by sooooooooooo fast!
Seems like yesterday so savor every moment!
Mine are 16 now.....boy and a girl. They were our first!
We had three more children w/ in 6 years of having them!
So, live is never dull! :)

I was going to offer the same advice as the other posters....
get in touch w/ a Mother's of Multiple group near you!!!!!!
If I had to tell you ONE thing that is what I would say!
It was SO important to me to have those friendships with
those other moms! I have made friends w/ moms of quads,
triplets and even one who has twins & triplets and of course
LOTS of moms w/ twins. I have also been in FOUR clubs
due to moving.......they were always there for me and I
have tons of friendships because of those 4 clubs!
The moms club is a great source of information and support!
I was in a Mom's club for about 12 years.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! God bless that all will go fine!
Mine were born at 35 weeks. 5.4 lbs and 5.8 lbs.

Debbie

When I was pregnant with my 4th child I had an ultrasound at 14 weeks and brought my then oldest ( 5 yrs old) with me to see the "baby". I was totally shocked when the tech blurted into the microphone that they record on " I am showing a twin pregnancy here" I told him that was not EVEN a funny joke. Having had 3 kids already I was familiar with him. I gave birth to VERY fraternal twin boys on May 5 1992, 4 1/2 weeks early and healthy as could be ( 5-10 & 6-12) They both went home on time and we suddenly had 5 kids, 5 and under. It was a challenge but I would NEVER trade them for the world. They, along with my other 5 kids ( we had another when they were almost 3) are the light of my life. Enjoy being pregnant with twins, it is truly enjoyable ( most of the time). We will be taking our first Disney cruise March 21 2004, on the Wonder. I am very excited and can't wait to see their faces when we board the boat. My twins are now 11 and as different as can be. They didn't even look close when they were born. Different heights and different eye & hair color. One is a lefty and one a righty. Different interests. They have evolved into two individuals for sure. Again congratulations!!!! enjoy them. Hlfdzn (Melissa)

I just wanted to add my sincere congratulations on the news about the babies - How wonderful sweetie - just remember take life moment by moment for problems aren't forever tho they may seem like it - nothing stays the same forever - May you be super blessed with lots of love and support which appears you have started that right here.
Keep us posted and keep that smile on your face.
Hugsssssss from the East coast of Florida
Always
Shirley

Thank you everyone for the replies, thoughts and advice!

I am so emotional, as I was reading all the replies I started crying. Pregnancy hormones don't help any.

We went to WDW this weekend for a 2 night stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. It was a nice stay. My allergies started out bad but by the time we were leaving today they were ok. I noticed that when I got around greasy food smells I would get very nauseated. I, so far, don't have sickness. I just get really nauseated waves and then they will pass with in time.

The doctor told us that the 2nd baby could possibly not make it and be a "disappearing twin syndrome". She had a very hard time detecting the heart beat and seeing the baby was difficult too. I asked her if maybe we were just seeing extra tissue or something else and she said no it is another baby for sure and she was then able to see the heart beat, but still isn't as strong looking as baby #1. We also had a hard time telling if identical or fraternal. I guess we will know more on the 17th (less than 2 weeks from now).

All the best to you and your husband, and I hope all goes well with your pregnancy! :)

good luck, one goes this way the other that way.

I wish you the best with this pregnancy. I hope you get good news when you go back for your next ultrasound. When I got nauseated, I found eating helped. Something light and not let my stomach get too empty. I also chewed a LOT of gum. My doctor also said vitamin b6 was allowed and I have heard ginger capsules are supposed to help, but check with the doc before taking any supplements. My doctor also let me take 2 chewable flintstones vitamins instead of the prenatal and additional folic acid, since I got nauseaus from the prenatals. Rest as much as you can. If it helps you can email me any time to talk..Melissa

They told us one of our twins was "disappearing." She turned out to be rougher than her brother! I went to 36 weeks,they weighed 5 lbs. and 6 lbs. and came home with me! We are so blessed! Best of Luck to you all!! Hang in there!

Best of luck to you. Too bad you are on the cruise after me or we could have touched base and shared stories. I've been a little sick this week but I'm here at work today. I have to get our taxes done soon or my DH will have my head. Take care. Perhaps we could keep in touch throughout these next 7 mo. to compare stories. Just remember a little sigh will get you anything you want during this period. Maybe it will work for someone. Those sighs certainly don't get me anywhere. LOL.

Wow- I have twin girls who are 11 now and they have always been just the best of friends. They just love each other so much and as babies they are so much easier than 1. I don't care what any one says! Sure you have more diapers and work, but they entertain each other so much. I remember the one would take her pacifier out of her mouth when they were like 6 months old and stick it in the other ones mouth when she was crying! And they would suck eachothers thumbs and fingers. Funny!! They are so much fun!! When they start walking- its great. Everyone would say I bet one goes one way and the other goes the other way- well- no they always hung together. There is alot of information and terrific twin websites- email me and I can tell you more- or if you just want to talk to someone with twins-let me know!If you send me a PM let me know on this board- I don't check my PM's but once in a blue moon usually by accident.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

shefor24: I would love any advice and stories you have to share. Sounds like your girls are the best!:D

Cinderella1001: Sure, I would love to continue to exchange stories of our pregnancies! :D

If anyone wants to email me with advice, etc. my home email address is lmenendez0904@yahoo.com.

Well, this morning I have started the actual morning sickness. I have been nauseated for several days but I wasn't actually getting sick. This morning it all came out. I hate getting sick, but as I told my husband this is a good sign that they are still growing (or at least I hope).

My ultrasound appointment has been changed from Thursday the 17th to Monday the 14th. So, I will find out how they are doing sooner! :D

ARE u going to name them MAGIC AND WONDER like the 2 ships
good luck peter and Jen from May 11,2002 cruise

Congratulations! I have fraternal twin girls. Mine are 23 and graduating from college in 4 weeks. They were delivered 4 weeks early and did great. I was never "blessed" so many times until I had the girls. Everyone would walk up to me and say "bless your heart".

Well my twin #2 didn't make it. It died two to three days ago according to sonogram measurements. I had a feeling in my heart on Saturday that something had changed I don't know how to exactly describe it. One thing I noticed is that my horrible nausea has gone down quite a bit in the past few days.

Twin #1 is doing great. It has a heart rate of 149 beats per minute. I actually heard it, it was so cool! The baby measured yesterday at 13mm and is around 7 weeks 4 days according to the measurements. Today I am actually 8 weeks pregnant going from last menstrual period. I don't really understand how I can be 8 weeks but the measurements yesterday are 7 weeks 4 days, unless it is just growing slowly. Which I was told it is growing at a perfect rate. 1 1/2 weeks ago it measured 6mm and yesterday it measures 13mm so it has more than doubled in size. The ultrasound technician told me that as I get further along we will get a better idea of actual due date, but for now my due date is November 27th which is Thanksgiving day. She said that this twin is perfect (so far).

I am so sorry one of twins did not make it. I know you most be so very sad but at the same so very happy to have the other baby thriving. I wish you the best :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sometimes I think technology can be a burden more than a blessing. I hope that your morning sickness stays under control... if you're 8 weeks now, you've probably only got another 4-5 weeks of queeziness (something to look forward too!), and then it's smooth sailing!

Good luck with your baby and enjoy this special time!

Erin :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter