Hubby got a Camera & I got Christmas!!! 51 Chapters Completed!! 926 Pics!

Ummmmm, what's your Space Mtn seating like?? I know your Splash is side by side seating & I'd be more willing to ride it or feel comfortable letting my little girl ride it if it was that way here.....don't like that single row of people logs.

It's even worse than DL's Splash. You've got this little tiny T-bar, you're sitting alone with just one other person in the ride vehicle. It feels like your child is just going to go swinging out of their seat.

AND the ride is bumpier than heck, more like Matterhorn than DL's Space.

(I hate WDW's Space. DS, who LOVED sitting alone, LOVES WDW's Space. He hasn't even been in the building, not even up the ramp to the restrooms, of DL's Space, but he insists that DL's version is bad, LOL)

Next time you hit Splash with your daughter, request the very back seat! If I can squeeze into that back seat with DS, you could probably fit two kids in there with you and still have room! The back row allows for 1.5 adults, LOL, which means a grownup and a kid can fit side by side there. It's great, IMO.

Now I know I disturbed you (and I know I disturbed Molly too), which is what I didn't want.

Aw Sherry, it's OK! Please oh please don't worry about it; it's only to be expected. And you were the goddess who invited us, so you could have taken out a trumpet and played reverie to wake us up, and it would have been OK. Please don't take our *telling of the story* as being complaints. It's just telling the story! :hug:

.....really, on any other trip I would be up before 6am & ready to go......

Same here!

Really, I think 3 strangers coming together & sharing a room worked out nicely......I would gladly share a room with you again in the future if the opportunity ever arose.

I agree 100%.

I had a blast!!

Once again, me too! And really, waking on the early side was the ONLY way we could get everything done. A necessary evil so to speak. Someone had to be the first up (and the last to get in, Laurie you night-owl you).

It's even worse than DL's Splash. You've got this little tiny T-bar, you're sitting alone with just one other person in the ride vehicle. It feels like your child is just going to go swinging out of their seat.

AND the ride is bumpier than heck, more like Matterhorn than DL's Space.

(I hate WDW's Space. DS, who LOVED sitting alone, LOVES WDW's Space. He hasn't even been in the building, not even up the ramp to the restrooms, of DL's Space, but he insists that DL's version is bad, LOL)

Next time you hit Splash with your daughter, request the very back seat! If I can squeeze into that back seat with DS, you could probably fit two kids in there with you and still have room! The back row allows for 1.5 adults, LOL, which means a grownup and a kid can fit side by side there. It's great, IMO.

Aw Sherry, it's OK! Please oh please don't worry about it; it's only to be expected. And you were the goddess who invited us, so you could have taken out a trumpet and played reverie to wake us up, and it would have been OK. Please don't take our *telling of the story* as being complaints. It's just telling the story! :hug:

Once again, me too! And really, waking on the early side was the ONLY way we could get everything done. A necessary evil so to speak. Someone had to be the first up (and the last to get in, Laurie you night-owl you).

Yikes....I wouldn't like Space Mtn at WDW then......

I'm not a huge fan of splash for a few reasons.......don't like big drops & don't like getting wet! I've been on it once & was soaked going around the first corner & was miserable for the rest of the ride (and it's a long ride). I really need to try it again.....but it will have to be hot that day.

What's fun is reading how other people saw the same thing.....I'm looking forward to how you saw things Sherry!! I truly wasn't complaining....just noting the days started early.....and usually that's how my Disney days start. I was extremely thankful to be given this opportunity & if you woke up at 3am every day.....I would have "complained" but it really wasn't a complaint......just a fact that it was early....... :rotfl2: So please don't feel you were disturbing us.....I'm just glad we got to spend some time together....no matter what time of day it was!!!! :yay:

Molly, I usually get up really early for our Disney days & go until really late. Unfortunately, I was still fighting that stupid cold (that I STILL have) & no responsibilities....my body just died. I actually was in early every night.......but on a normal trip I would have been waking you & Sherry up!! :dance3:

Chapter Fifty One~~Soarin' Over to California Adventure!

After Molly & I left Disneyland, we crossed the esplanade & entered the new gates into Disney's California Adventure. These walls.....heavy sigh......I'll be so glad when they finally come down. We wound our way into Condor Flats & the stand-by line for Soarin' was short, so we went on in. I love this ride, but I HAVE to hold on. Usually when I ride with the family, they make sure I'm on an end....so I have one whole arm bar to death grip. Don't ask me why I'm that way for this ride....it doesn't scare me.....it doesn't jar or whip you around.....but I think it's the illusion of being up so high that does it to me. Anyways, that didn't happen this time, I believe we had people on either side of us. I think Molly chuckled at me when I told her I had to hold on.....lol She was nice & let me hold on to the one between us!! :hug:

So I've seen that Soarin' is shutting down for some refurb in January.....I sure hope it's to put up a new screen. Man it's getting really bad. It's like watching on of those old, battered film strips in school.....kinda takes away from the awesomeness of this ride.

When we landed, we headed over to the Hollywood Backlots to ride Monster's Inc. I was just there to have fun, so no pictures!! There aren't any Christmas decorations in Condor Flats or the Hollywood Backlots, so that camera stayed in my purse as we wandered.

Monster's Inc. is a cute ride.......It's a hidden gem that that crowds just seem to miss & not realize it's there. Just walk right on & get in your taxi.

We decided to go ride the Little Mermaid Ride, but were disappointed to find it roped off. They were having some mechanical issues & so it was closed for an undisclosed time. Well bummer!!!

We headed towards the pier, over the bridge. The last time I went thru Duffy wasn't there....but he was today!!!!!

1136.jpg

I even got a Duffy sticker for seeing him........ :rotfl:

As we got up to the gazebo & the pier's Christmas tree.....we saw that Santa was in.....so in the line I went!! Molly probably thinks I'm nuts....but she was very gracious in letting me see both characters.

We both got some pics of the tree while we waited.

1137.jpg

1138.jpg

1139.jpg

The gazebo decorations:

1140.jpg

1141.jpg

My turn with Santa!!!

1142.jpg

1143.jpg

1144.jpg

We walked back towards the Little Mermaid ride but unfortunately it was still closed. Time was no longer our friend. Both of us had flights to get to & I still needed to arrange for a ride to the airport. My friend, Michelle (zoemakes5), who lives in San Diego, was going to come up & join us for the day & then drop me off at the airport......the night before, she got very sick & wasn't able to come. I was bummed I wasn't getting to see her, but got real panicky when I realized I didn't have anything arranged to get me to the airport. So Molly & I said our goodbyes........ :sad1: I am so glad we got to spend that time together.....we really hit it off well & cruising the parks seemed effortless. No real thoughts, no plans......just do.

So I decided I better grab a little lunch to hold me over since my flight was at 6:55pm & wouldn't hit Portland until 9:20pm. I knew NOT to eat dinner prior to getting on the plane, so I headed to the GCH's park entrance/exit & went to White Water Snacks.

I had read great reviews about the nachos & being a HUGE nacho fan....I decided to give them a try. I got the chicken nachos.

1145.jpg

They were good, the chicken was tasty, but I'm not a big fan of the canned nacho cheese sauce. This had a mix of that & some grated. I ate a little bit but most hit the garbage.

I went back to the PPH to ask for assistance in arranging a shuttle pick up. I needed to be picked up by 5pm & the only shuttle they could get me on was one that would pick me up at 3:15. It was 2:45 now......so I gathered my luggage & waited out in the valet area for the shuttle to show up.

The shuttle got there about 3pm......this happened last March for Mike & I as well......they come early. We were supposed to be picked up at 4:30 & they were there at the hotel before 4pm. Oh well....I was there & ready to go. I got the last seat in the van. Well technically, the passenger seat was empty, but I'm not sure they like people sitting there. We get going & end up over at the DLH. He doesn't go up to the valet drop off/pick up area.....we kinda sit out in the parking lot. He checks his phone, gets out & looks around the parking lot, looks at his phone again, jumps in & checks something else, looks at phone, gets out & looks around again.....paces & then after one of the other passengers ask if they were going to the airport....he finally jumps in & we go. It was SOOOOOOOOO weird.....it was like he was there to do a drug deal.....seriously.....it felt & looked that way. Strangest thing I ever saw & the other passengers agreed, it was odd. The people that had questioned him about going had been in the van for over an hour at this point & was now under the "2 hr" window for arriving at the airport.

After that DLH stop, we made pretty good time to the airport. Since my suitcase was last in, it was first off & I was able to pay him & head into the airport before the 2 families all got their bags. I really like flying in & out of John Wayne/Orange County. It's a smaller airport & I can maneuver pretty well through it....even alone. I checked one bag & headed towards the security gates. At one point, I was going to check both bags....but money was tight, so I decided to keep a hold of the smaller suitcase & do it as a carry-on. Great plan???? Ummmmmm, not so much so. When I packed it, it was going to be checked....so guess what this suitcase had in it......?? ALL my toiletries!!! Well poo!!!!! I ended up tossing shampoo, conditioner & hairspray. Oh well.....at least the TSA worker was joking & laughing with me. We emptied the case of those items, he re-ran them & I was free to go. I get down to my gate & find out the plane is running 40 mins late!!! :eek: Ok, so loading was supposed to happen at 6:30pm & now it won't happen until about 7:20pm. It was about 4pm. So guess who got to hang at the airport forever?? You got it.....ME!! I'm glad I had picked up a Sudoku book.......I was so bored by the time they announced our flight was boarding. I noticed that this trip had a ton of little kiddos on it. Most of my flights had been kid-free. So I was wondering how that would turn out.

I get on the plane & we taxi out......and we're off!!!

1146.jpg

1149.jpg

Again, the seat in the middle next to me remained empty.....nice....great for elbow room!! The gal on the aisle seat was more afraid of flying than me...not sure we made a good combo!! lol The trip was a bit bumpy....ok, pretty bumpy for what I'd experienced before on this trip.....so as she sat with her head between her knees.....I sat & did deep breathing exercises. We did exchange glances at times & when we did, we just had to giggle......silly anxieties!! Well most of the kidlets did ok on the flight, but I could tell when the ear popping was happening. Kids that were sound asleep, would wake up screaming.....at least opening their mouths that big realived that pressure & within minutes would calm back down.....so not too bad.

As we were coming into Portland.....I was excited to be getting home & landing!!! I was tired & ready to be in my own bed!!

1153.jpg

1155.jpg

I got off the plane, picked up my suitcase from the carousel & made my way to the pick up area to wait for Mike. We made it home about 12:30am.

So that completes the report part of it. I will be ordering the photopass CD & sharing some of those photos later on. I am so happy to have been given this opportunity. The resort was beautiful in all it's holiday decor, the treats & food were good as always, the rides & tour were fabulous, the hotel room was divine, and so was the bed......but the best part of the entire trip was getting to meet in person & spend some time with both Sherry & Molly!!!!! It's a trip I will keep with me for a very long time & you both will always have a special place in my heart!!!!!! Thanx for making this trip Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!! :cheer2: :hug:

Goofy's was lots of fun!!!!

Ummmmm, what's your Space Mtn seating like?? I know your Splash is side by side seating & I'd be more willing to ride it or feel comfortable letting my little girl ride it if it was that way here.....don't like that single row of people logs.

two sets of cars connected...3 single riders in each one, one in front of other.

Trent and I rode it and hated that I could not see his face entire time. I reached through the seats and tried to hold his shoulder :laughing:

two sets of cars connected...3 single riders in each one, one in front of other.

Trent and I rode it and hated that I could not see his face entire time. I reached through the seats and tried to hold his shoulder :laughing:

Yeah, I wouldn't be a fan of those either!

THat would have been nervewracking not knowing how you were getting to the airport. Glad it all worked out, crazy shuttle driver and all :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing your trip. It has been so great looking at all your awesome pics

See you have another ticker going. What are the details for that trip ?popcorn::

THat would have been nervewracking not knowing how you were getting to the airport. Glad it all worked out, crazy shuttle driver and all :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing your trip. It has been so great looking at all your awesome pics

See you have another ticker going. What are the details for that trip ?popcorn::

It was a crazy shuttle driver.......at least we all made it safely!!

I'm glad you followed along & enjoyed it!!!! It's nice having a few readers!!

I do have another trip coming up......above the ticker are links to my different trip reports.....click on the Divas, Take Two.....that's the new PTR!!!!! Hope you'll join me over there too!!! :cool1:

Oh say it isn't so --------- it can't be over--- Cry Cry :( --this trip report can not be done. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

OK Michele you are now in charge of my Dis board entertainment. Yes, I am the needy one that needs DL fix everyday. (I love my life, I love living in this world -- I just hate how I make it all possible. Never met anyone that said they enjoyed doing dialysis 15-16 hours a day.). I love being able to visit DL thru the eyes of others.

Laurie you know in the last picture of a tree you can see you in 3 of the tree bulbs :).

You thought you snored-- Nah-- I understand I snore so bad I kept my son-in-law, daughter and the 2 kids up all night when we visited great wolf water lodge. Sad to say I am banned from sleeping in same room. I guess every time I snored grandon would "kick" me mightly to wake me up. That worked cept that i would fall back asleep faster then the rest of them. They said I sounded like a sick walrus LOL. If I cant sleep I like to watch tv in middle of night, have a snack--(call room service). Yep, I would be the room mate people would talk about for years, and not in a good way. What is so cute is any small things that happened while you were all roomies are just like the situations I have with family when we travel :). Oh ya forgot to mention I would want us to sit up and talk like a middle school slumber party :). Wonder who would fall asleep first. Rule of thumb -- never ever invite me to share a room.

Patty

Oh say it isn't so --------- it can't be over--- Cry Cry :( --this trip report can not be done. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

OK Michele you are now in charge of my Dis board entertainment. Yes, I am the needy one that needs DL fix everyday. (I love my life, I love living in this world -- I just hate how I make it all possible. Never met anyone that said they enjoyed doing dialysis 15-16 hours a day.). I love being able to visit DL thru the eyes of others.

Laurie you know in the last picture of a tree you can see you in 3 of the tree bulbs :).

You thought you snored-- Nah-- I understand I snore so bad I kept my son-in-law, daughter and the 2 kids up all night when we visited great wolf water lodge. Sad to say I am banned from sleeping in same room. I guess every time I snored grandon would "kick" me mightly to wake me up. That worked cept that i would fall back asleep faster then the rest of them. They said I sounded like a sick walrus LOL. If I cant sleep I like to watch tv in middle of night, have a snack--(call room service). Yep, I would be the room mate people would talk about for years, and not in a good way. What is so cute is any small things that happened while you were all roomies are just like the situations I have with family when we travel :). Oh ya forgot to mention I would want us to sit up and talk like a middle school slumber party :). Wonder who would fall asleep first. Rule of thumb -- never ever invite me to share a room.

Patty

I know....it's always sad when these end.....at least I still will have some photopass pics to add in a few weeks.

I do have another PTR going.......in my signature below....just click on the Divas, Take Two & join me there!!!

:rotfl2: Duly noted!!! (writing in my don't forget book)~~~Do NOT invite Patty the snorer to share a room with you.......lol :lmao:

Patty, I will try but I am saved by the fact that Laurie has her other trip report and goes the week after I do.

Love, Love, LOVED your report, Laurie! The pictures are just stunning! Going thru it has actually made me rethink our WDW trip next year for a return to DLR! But one look at the airfares ($400 each way!) made me change back real quick! So I will have to "visit" vicariously thru you! Looking forward to your next trip!

Love, Love, LOVED your report, Laurie! The pictures are just stunning! Going thru it has actually made me rethink our WDW trip next year for a return to DLR! But one look at the airfares ($400 each way!) made me change back real quick! So I will have to "visit" vicariously thru you! Looking forward to your next trip!

Thanx Vicki!! Awwww, bummer the airfare is so high.......we'd love for you to come back to our little park!!! (especially if we could coordinate to be there at the same time again!!)

I had a great time & getting to experience the Christmas holiday stuff was awesome!!!! I love this time of year......really sad I have to take down the tree & decorations tomorrow......

Make sure you follow me on the Diva's, Take Two PTR....the link is in my signature below!!

I loved it Laurie!! I live near LAX so I always fly from there.

I'd be too afraid to fly in & out of LAX....it's just TOO BIG!!! (especially when I'm alone) But if you live close by, it makes sense for you to fly out of there for your trips.

:cool1: Got the Photopass CD ordered yesterday.....so in a couple weeks I'll be able to post some of those pics!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter