Hubby got a Camera & I got Christmas!!! 51 Chapters Completed!! 926 Pics!

DizNee Luver

Luver of all things Disney!
I can't even begin to explain my excitement to the title!! I got an awesome offer to join Sherry at the PPH for a couple nights during the Christmas season!!

For those of you that know me & have followed my Trip Reports, you will remember that our family had planned a trip to go during the holiday season, but my hubby was unable to get the time off & we had to switch to a Halloween Time trip. (which also didn't happen). I was disappointed to not be going during Christmas Time....since this is my favorite holiday of the year & we've never experienced the parks during any of the big holidays. We settled into the idea of going in early October for Halloween but since our trip was dependant of a hefty adoption credit from the IRS.....we had to cancel when it got delayed. Word is, the check is in the mail today....so I should have it early next week!!! :banana: (it only took 26 wks to get here)

Ok, so back to what's going on now............Sherry got a super offer from the PPH (I believe due to some issues from her last stay)....well she decided to share her good fortune & was looking for some roommates to help share the costs. She put the offer out there, but also figured it would be almost impossible for me to get away........but I couldn't pass on such a gracious deal.....and I REALLY wanted to go!! So.......how to get my hubby on board? :rolleyes1 I know he really wants to go too....so wasn't super confident he'd allow me to go.....but after telling him about the deal (and begging on his Facebook page)......he agreed as long as he could get a new camera!!! I was like okaaaaaaayyyyyy??? That seemed to easy......more talk on the camera.....it's like $1500!! :scared1: So after a bit of discussion on why we needed a camera like that.....we agreed we would get our monies worth out of it. It can take pics in all sorts of lighting, action & will take videos as well (lots of fancy stuff). So I said yes & then he said yes, I could go!!!!! :woohoo:

So I will be going Tuesday, December 6....arriving in Anaheim around 9:15am & leaving Thursday, December 8....leaving around dinnertime.

It's official.....I'm finally going to Disneyland for Christmas Time!!!!

disney_christmas_wallpaper-1920x1440.jpg

So a little introduction.....I'm Laurie, lover of all things Disney, wife for 27yrs, mother of 7 & singer!!

Photo0287FourBySix.jpg

I'm a stay at home mom. Our 4 youngest children were adopted from foster care & each child comes with their own set of issues. The 4 yr old twins are mentally delayed & autistic.....so they take up a lot of my time. I love being a mom, but I look forward to these Disneyland trips to unwind & have fun. The planning of these trips help me through the rougher days.

INDEX:

Page 18, Post #270: Chapter One~~I Need a Blow Dryer!! (Flight pics)
Page 19, Post #279: Chapter Two~~Ooooh, that's B-E-A utiful!!! (Paradise Pier Hotel Christmas tree, gift shop & Park View Room)
Page 20, Post #289: Chapter Three~~It's a Grand Ol' Tree!! (Grand Californian Hotel Christmas tree, gift shop & DTD)
Page 21, Post #301: Chapter Four~~I've Finally Arrived!! (Main Street & Christmas tree)
Page 21, Post #311: Chapter Five~~Mickey Get's His Groove On!! (Main Street, Candy Canes & Coke Corner tree)
Page 21, Post #312: Chapter Six~~It's Festive Down in New Orleans!! (New Orleans Square)
Page 22, Post #323: Chapter Seven~~Hello Jack!! (Haunted Mansion Holiday, outside)
Page 22, Post #324: Chapter Eight~~Gotta Love Tigger (Pooh's Corner, Tigger & Pooh bear)
Page 23, Post #341: Chapter Nine~~Hold On to Your Hats & Glasses, We're Gonna Find Us Some Reindeer! (Big Thunder Ranch/Reindeer)
Page 23, Post #344: Chapter Ten~~Wreaths From Around the World (Small World wreaths & facade, Toy Soldiers)
Page 24, Post #360: Chapter Eleven~~ToonTown's Razzle Dazzle!! (ToonTown)
Page 25, Post #362: Chapter Twelve~~ I'm Playing in Mickey's House! (Mickey's House in ToonTown)
Page 25, Post #370: Chapter Thirteen~~No Christmas Tomorrow.....ok, in Tomorrowland..... (Mary & Bert, Daytime Castle & Partner's Statue)
Page 25, Post #374: Chapter Fourteen~~Oh My My, Heaven in a Cup!! (Cafe Orleans, Flag Retreat, Main St Tree Lighting)
Page 25, Post #375: Chapter Fifteen~~Well, This Isn't So Hot! (Parade)
Page 26, Post #376: Chapter Sixteen~~More Parade! (Parade)
Page 26, Post #379: Chapter Seventeen~~It's So Sparkly*+*+*+* (Nighttime Castle)
Page 26, Post #382: Chapter Eighteen~~I Have the Best View of the Castle!! Where are the Fireworks?? (Nighttime Castle, Fireworks)
Page 26, Post #388: Chapter Nineteen~~Day One Isn't Over Yet! (Nighttime Small World, Castle, Main St Christmas Tree)
Page 26, Post #389: Chapter Twenty~~Where Oh Where Are You Janelle?! (Entry's, DTD, Janelle)
Page 29, Post #422: Chapter Twenty One~~It's Santa!! It's Santa!! (PPH Santa, Disneyland Hotel waterfall, grounds)
Page 29, Post #426: Chapter Twenty Two~~Let's Splash in Some Adventure! (Disneyland Hotel new monorail slides, pool, grounds)
Page 29, Post #435: Chapter Twenty Three~~:eek: Where's the Retro Feel I Loved so Much?? (Disneyland Hotel)
Page 30, Post #436: Chapter Twenty Four~~Disney's California is an Adventure! (Construction walls, Hollywood Backlots)
Page 30, Post #445: Chapter Twenty Five~~Time for a Bug's Eye View. (Bug's Land)
Page 30, Post #446: Chapter Twenty Six~~Going Under the Sea! (Little Mermaid Ride)
Page 30, Post #447: Chapter Twenty Seven~~Ariel's Adventure Continues! (Little Mermaid Ride)
Page 30, Post #448: Chapter Twenty Eight~~Let's Stroll Around the Pier. (Paradise Pier, Pier Tree)
Page 31, Post #457: Chapter Twenty Nine~~Back to Disneyland! (ToonTown, Storybookland)
Page 31, Post #460: Chapter Thirty~~Let's Head Out to the Ranch!! (Big Thunder Ranch)
Page 31, Post #462: Chapter Thirty One~~I'm Hungry as a Bear!! (Hungry Bear Restaurant, Train ride)
Page 32, Post #479: Chapter Thirty Two~~Holiday Tour Time!! (Tour Garden, Candy, NOS)
Page 34, Post #509: Chapter Thirty Three~~It's a Nightmare!! (Haunted Mansion Holiday)
Page 34, Post #510: Chapter Thirty Four~~Let's Finish This Nightmare!! (Haunted Mansion Holiday)
Page 35, Post #511: Chapter Thirty Five~~The Hot Cocoa & Gingerbread Man Are Calling My Name! (ToonTown, Treats & Small World Lighting)
Page 35, Post #514: Chapter Thirty Six~~I Love a Parade!! (Christmas Fantasy Parade)
Page 35, Post #517: Chapter Thirty Seven~~Christmas Fantasy Parade Continued! (Christmas Fantasy Parade)
Page 35, Post #521: Chapter Thirty Eight~~More Parade!! (Christmas Fantasy Parade)
Page 35, Post #522: Chapter Thirty Nine~~More, More, More Parade (Christmas Fantasy Parade)
Page 35, Post #523: Chapter Forty~~Santa!! (Christmas Fantasy Parade finale)
Page 36, Post #534: Chapter Forty One~~It's a Small World!! (Small World Holiday)
Page 36, Post #535: Chapter Forty Two~~More Small World!! (Small World Holiday)
Page 36, Post #536: Chapter Forty Three~~Even More Small World!! (Small World Holiday)
Page 36, Post #537: Chapter Forty Four~~More, More, More Small World!! (Small World Holiday)
Page 36, Post #538: Chapter Forty Five~~One More Time!! (Small World Holiday)
Page 38, Post #557: Chapter Forty Six~~The Text!! (Castle nighttime lighting & Fireworks)
Page 38, Post #558: Chapter Forty Seven~~More Fireworks! (Fireworks)
Page 38, Post #559: Chapter Forty Eight~~A Dog, Treat & Orange Soda. (Corn Dog, Demitasse Mickey Cup & PPH nighttime view)
Page 38, Post #568: Chapter Forty Nine~~A New Day to Accomplish EVERYTHING!! (Goofy's Kitchen)
Page 38, Post #569: Chapter Fifty~~In a Galaxy, Far, Far Away....... (Star Tours)
Page 39, Post #584: Chapter Fifty One~~Soarin' Over to California Adventure!! (Duffy, Santa & Flight home)

I know I told you on FB but SO excited for you but SO bummed I am going to miss you by a day :( We get there at like 8 a.m. on Friday too LOL.

ARG!

LOVE your reports and anxious to hear everything.

I can tell you HAVE to do HMH, SWH and see the christmas fireworks/snow on main street.

Not sure if by then they will have the carrollers and santa at the hotels but that is always fun too.

And of course you have to try all the yummy holiday treats!! :)

LAURIE! I am so excited for you! Cannot wait to hear all about it and more importantly see all of those pictures! We went to Walt Disney World for Christmas in 2009 and there really is nothing like it!

Count me in! Sounds like a fab trip. What camera is the Hubby looking at?

I'm not sure....will post when hubby gets home & can tell me what it is!!

I know I told you on FB but SO excited for you but SO bummed I am going to miss you by a day :( We get there at like 8 a.m. on Friday too LOL.

ARG!

LOVE your reports and anxious to hear everything.

I can tell you HAVE to do HMH, SWH and see the christmas fireworks/snow on main street.

Not sure if by then they will have the carrollers and santa at the hotels but that is always fun too.

And of course you have to try all the yummy holiday treats!! :)

I know I'm doing the tour, that way I get to do the 2 holiday rides & see the parade followed by the fireworks....at least that's the plan!!! I'm happy you're getting to go again...but bummer we're missing each other by 14hrs!!

I am here Laurie! So excited for you! :banana:

Thanx Andrea.....I can't wait (and won't have to wait too long.....eeeeeee!!!!)

LAURIE! I am so excited for you! Cannot wait to hear all about it and more importantly see all of those pictures! We went to Walt Disney World for Christmas in 2009 and there really is nothing like it!

Thanx Vicki!!! I can't imagine putting my 2 favorite things into one.......DL & Christmas......I'm having a hard time controlling my excitement for this!!!!

Awesome that you have a few days at Disneyland. Can't wait to read some more.

Awesome that you have a few days at Disneyland. Can't wait to read some more.

Thanx Shirley!!! I can't wait to get there & get my camera going........Even with only 2 1/2 days in the parks....I may outdo myself in pics this trip!!!

I am so excited that you are going to get to Disneyland for Christmas. You will love it, and you get the bonus of the best Disney Christmas guide in town.

Can't wait to hear all about it. :cool1:

Mia

I am so excited that you are going to get to Disneyland for Christmas. You will love it, and you get the bonus of the best Disney Christmas guide in town.

Can't wait to hear all about it. :cool1:

Mia

Thanx Mia....I agree, having Sherry there, I'll definitely hit the "must sees & do's"!!! Looking forward to the experience!!! :yay:

I have been lurking here and just joined earlier this week. I have read through the DisDiva trip reports and you guys look like you are having so much fun. I have also seen the trials and tribulations you have suffered at the hands of the IRS and I am so very happy to see that this trip has happened for you. You deserve it after that mess - enjoy yourself! I can't wait to see the pictures when you all get back.

I have been lurking here and just joined earlier this week. I have read through the DisDiva trip reports and you guys look like you are having so much fun. I have also seen the trials and tribulations you have suffered at the hands of the IRS and I am so very happy to see that this trip has happened for you. You deserve it after that mess - enjoy yourself! I can't wait to see the pictures when you all get back.

Thanx Dawn & welcome "officially" to the Dis!!! Well I'm hoping the IRS trials are over very soon.....I did get a letter in today's mail saying we'd get our refund in 2-3 weeks, but when I had called them they told me it would be mailed out today.....I sure hope thats right & not that we'd get a letter saying we'd get in in a few weeks.....lol I guess Monday or Tuesday mail will be the answer to that question!!

A new camera....a Holiday trip to Disneyland...AND ME!!!!

I can't wait to see you again!

I'm here!! I'm late but I'm here!!:dance3:

Hi Michele!!! You're not late.....I'm just getting started!!

A new camera....a Holiday trip to Disneyland...AND ME!!!!

I can't wait to see you again!

Woo Hoo Janelle!!!!! I can't wait!! Did you get my message about doing the tour?? I think it would be a great way to experience the holiday things....especially in a short time frame!! Let me know what you think!!

Hi Michele!!! You're not late.....I'm just getting started!!

Woo Hoo Janelle!!!!! I can't wait!! Did you get my message about doing the tour?? I think it would be a great way to experience the holiday things....especially in a short time frame!! Let me know what you think!!

Okay good! I was busy running around all day so tonight was my first real chance to get on my computer so I could go on the Dis. Thankfully tomorrow I only have one kid in school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter