• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How scary is expedition everst?

More intense than Big Thunder, less intense (or perhaps close to) Rock N Roller Coaster, but nowhere near as intense as The Hulk at Universal. I think it's a fun ride and our kids have enjoyed it over the years. I'd say give it a shot and see what you think.

I get motion sickness sometimes, so I wus out of a lot. I took my 10 year old daughter in March and told her I'd do whatever she wanted. We went to Animal Kingdom on one mission, to ride Everest. I rode. It was really neat, but by the time we walked out of the park and got to the buses to go to Magic Kingdom, I threw up in the bushes. Lol. It made me sick! Later that afternoon, we went to Hollywood Studios, and I rode Rockin Roller Coaster, and I did fine. I think it was the backwards part of Everest that got me.
Ugh, I hate motion sickness. I got super-sick a number of years ago riding Mission Space Orange--had to lay down when I got off the ride and then spent the entire rest of the day in the room trying not to puke. I couldn't ride any semi-intense ride for about 3 years after that, which sort of ruined Six Flags for me. But I've now recovered and will ride just about anything, but never getting on Mission Space again.

I am a chicken. We live near Cedar Point and I will only ride a couple of the smaller coasters. The only rides I won't go on at WDW are Astro Orbiter, Splash Mountain (I hate drops) and ToT. I did ToT once. I had pushed my teenage daughter up to the ride in her wheelchair. She knew I wasn't going on it. Everyone in line started harassing me as we approached the ride. So I gave in to peer pressure. My daughter loved it and I came off nearly in tears. Never again. That said I enjoy Everest. It's a little scary for me when we go up, heights get me but other than that I don't mind it.

Just went on it again 4 days ago. Although more intense than I remembered, it's really not scary in my opinion

Everest isn’t scary at all, but it’s a bit bumpy from side to side, and even though I love roller coasters, I don’t love it. I’ll go on it if my companion wants to, but I can definitely leave it.

Congratulations on riding Expedition Everest! It's one of my favorite Disney rides of all time... everything from the ride itself to the detailed theming. Also, you don't get to enjoy it for very long, but you get the most amazing views of the park and the WDW resort as you're going up the lift hill!

Your saying Test track is more intense the Everest? I can do test track easily but Everest just seems a lot more intense just from the youtube videos and Test track has no drops.

Test track isn't the slightest bit like a coaster, nor is it scary. Everest doesn't scare me, but I would say it is one of the more intense coasters for Disney.

Depends on what scares you! A reverse 3-g loop may be more scary than a drop to some. I would look up the blueprints to Everest on Google and you can see the track layout and determine what scares you. My wife was one and done.

Just an overall great attraction. Also, make sure to take a look at this icon for a great photo op! It is an exact replica of the mountain and good Ole Betty!460865

My daughter rode at 4yo when she was barely tall enough - she was one and done until the very next trip (when she was 6) - then rode it 5 or 6 times in that week :)

RnRC is nothing. Going upside down just feels like going over a hill to me. I loved it. If it makes you feel any better, sing along like I did.

Back in the day when rides were basically walk-on, I thought, “cute, this looks like the Matterhorn.” Wrong, my nerves could not handle the backwards falling 🙄

It's not too bad. If you're comfortable on your typical coaster, you'll be fine. The yeti part and dark mountain sections aren't too bad, even youngsters are okay with it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter