How old is too old for a stroller for WDW?

JUst went to WDW with a 38 pound 3 year old and a 7 year old who’s almost 70 pounds. We brought our baby jogger city elite stroller (has a 75 pound kid weight limit) and were so glad we did. The plan was to let the little guy ride but if it got dire, the big kid could ride while we carried younger brother. After one day in the August heat I ordered a rental delivered to our resort. It was much easier to do what we wanted to do and have a fun vacation in the heat with a stroller for each of the kids. Wasn’t the plan, and we would park them and go do whatever. I don’t know if anyone judged, but I don’t care what people think anyway. We did almost 10 miles each day. *I* was barely making it sometimes.

My oldest was 7 and she rode in a stroller but it was the stand part of the sit and stand. The 2 yo rode in front and the 4 yo also used the sit and stand part....over weight limit I am sure but both combined they were probably less then 70 lbs.

When my youngest was 7 she had to walk since we were strollerless.

So it depends on the situation. The older kids still want to be young and the younger kids want to be like their big siblings.

We had our stroller for our almost 4 year old. He refused to go in and threw a tantrum but on a few occasions he got tired and once he even fell asleep in it at night. So for that reason I still lug it around and at least it carries my backpack lol. For us I would say until between 4-5. I can't imagine he would go in it much more after that anyway. We also don't do any type of park commando touring and prefer to take breaks at the pool. We rarley stay out late too so that will dictate when or if you need one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter