• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much to tip mousekeeping?

I'm ashamed to admit it- I've only tipped the bellman for moving our bags- never thought to leave one for the mousemaids! You've set me straight! Thanks for the "tips"! In the corporate world, I travelled extensively from the Ritz Carlton to a Comfort Inn, never were tips given for this service! I feel awful!!
One note on the asthmatic mother- oh, I have been there in spades! The problem with asthmatics is that they're all different and it can take years before you find the right meds to control it. After 10 ER visits before my son was 3 years old- I can tell you we asthmatic moms get a little touchy about smells. For a son that's HIGHLY reactive to molds and allergic to all grasses and trees and my son has been on 5 antihistamines and all make him droggy- which is no fun at WDW. Being in a room that has been smoked in is a big trigger. Funny smells can mean must/mold- even too much perfume/room spray can trigger it. So I have compassion for those moms- and I've found Disney to be one of the few places where they take our concerns seriously and I've never had to change rooms yet! :) The alternative of nebulizing your child- leaves them restless and jumpy the whole day- it's no fun for them on a vacation.
Oh, and I miss that Scottish shortbread!! I was so broke when I travelled to Edinburgh that I lived on it! Great stuff!
Tara

Yep I know about asthmatic moms... just this one was just a bit OTT - like she was wanting compensation or something. I didn't post the rest of her conversation. You should have heard that..!!

I tip $5.00 per day and there are four of us.

I usually straighten up the room before we leave in the morning though...don't want them to think we are total slobs! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter