How much is your 2023 Disney vacation going to cost, or how much are you budgeting for it?

I finally have a total after finalizing some decisions. Our trip will be 9 nights at the Beach Club. 2 adults, one Disney adult (17).

Airfare: Net cost was $500 for 3 people SNA-MCO on Delta. Found an amazing price of $417 round trip, jumped on it and signed up for the Delta Platinum Amex for a $400 credit towards my flight purchase and 90,000 bonus miles. Used some miles already to upgrade to Comfort+ for the longer leg of each flight. I also had a $300 flight credit from 2 years ago.

Hotel: BC, 9 nights at $420/night plus tax. 2 nights paid with Disney Visa point. Outstanding balance is $3300

Tickets: 8 day Park Hopper Plus (military discount price) $1980 total

Rental Car (gotta go visit my parents while there): Hertz Small SUV, total booked price $438. This began at $750 and I've been stalking it and rebooking every time I see a lower rate. I think this is as low as I'm gonna get it. Happy with that price. Never choose the pay in full at booking option, people!

Hubby will drop us off and pick us up at the airport since he can't make this trip, so no cost to park or get to the airport.

I'm factoring in about $100/day for Genie+/ILL, so $800 for that.

Food should be between $1000-1500. We do mostly CS but have a couple TS meals in there.

Grand total: $8000-8500, give or take.

I figured $10k, so I'm pleased with this total.

I'm cash flowing this one. Pay as I go, basically. I've only been out of pocket for the airfare and the park tickets so far. The hotel deposit and one additional night were free with Disney rewards dollars. The majority will be paid in September after I get the credit card bill.

I leave tomorrow, so I'm hoping that by putting it out there I'll stick to budget. :rolleyes1

First trip with my gs(waited 6 1/2 years for this), my ds, his girlfriend, and my dd(only staying 3 nights). Total of 5 people. We are staying at the Coronado for 5 nights and have 5 sit-down meals planned - Ohana, Space 220, Coral Reef(ds pick, his bday dinner), Tusker House, Sci Fi
5 nights - 2 rms at Coronado w/5 day parkhoppers - 5015
Husband driving us to/from airport(not a disney fan) - No cost
Airfare - 1602
Car Rental SUV Alamo- 322
Food -2750
Genie+ - 525
Souvenir - 700
Fireworks boat cruise w/tip - 525
Groceries - 100
gas - 50
Total - 11589
A few weeks back I worked some overtime, for the first time in 20 years, so I booked the fireworks cruise with my extra pay. I did not include all the items I purchased for the trip, as I made them part of my day-to-day expenses(Disney math)--Neck Fans, matching tshirts, hydration packets, sandals, etc.
Wish me luck!

I leave tomorrow, so I'm hoping that by putting it out there I'll stick to budget. :rolleyes1

First trip with my gs(waited 6 1/2 years for this), my ds, his girlfriend, and my dd(only staying 3 nights). Total of 5 people. We are staying at the Coronado for 5 nights and have 5 sit-down meals planned - Ohana, Space 220, Coral Reef(ds pick, his bday dinner), Tusker House, Sci Fi
5 nights - 2 rms at Coronado w/5 day parkhoppers - 5015
Husband driving us to/from airport(not a disney fan) - No cost
Airfare - 1602
Car Rental SUV Alamo- 322
Food -2750
Genie+ - 525
Souvenir - 700
Fireworks boat cruise w/tip - 525
Groceries - 100
gas - 50
Total - 11589
A few weeks back I worked some overtime, for the first time in 20 years, so I booked the fireworks cruise with my extra pay. I did not include all the items I purchased for the trip, as I made them part of my day-to-day expenses(Disney math)--Neck Fans, matching tshirts, hydration packets, sandals, etc.
Wish me luck!
Have a great time🥳🥳🥳

September 2023, two adults (my husband and I):
1 AP (doesn't count, cause Magical math).
1 Five-day PH $655
POFQ 5 nights: $1203
Flights $122 for both (Used SW points, but paid for Early Bird checkin)
Magic Kingdom Post Fireworks Dessert Party: $198
Space 220 dinner (for 3, inviting a local): Budgeting $300
Uber to/from MCO: $100 (ish).
Instacart order currently sitting at $60 (ish).
Whatever counter service, last minute sit-down decisions, a t-shirt and Christmas ornament, and the occasional cocktail might cost.

Costs are also offset by $750 in Disney GC that are part of my insurance's healthy rewards system and at least $150 in Disney rewards (probably more since I'm in the middle of 5% back for groceries and gas offer).

So net around $2000 currently + QS dining for a 5-night trip.

OOOHH! I need this post! I will jump on this train to help keep my budget on track.
Right now, the travelling party is myself (age 49), my dad (age 75) and my BFF (age 53)...yup, we will be a strange crew:crazy:. My BFF may be bringing her adult son with her since he was not able to join us on our trip this past year due to his military deployment, but there is also the distinct possibility that BFF may not be able to come at all and it may end up being just dad and I. Either way, we are planning on acquiring enough points for a 2BR at AKV-Kidani for a week in October, arriving the day after my birthday. If BFF isn't able to come, we have a backup plan....we will split the stay into 3 nights at BLT and 4 nights at Kidani in 1BR's (pending availability, of course). So either way, it will be fun.

Now, for the budget...it's a HUGE difference for me if BFF can't go, not just because of the lodging, but because she can get us military salute tickets. If she goes, it saves me about $1500! I am planning for the worst-case scenario and budgeting for just me and dad so that I am prepared. That means that my overall budget is about $5000! Here it is...

• Lodging: Additional cost to acquire points needed (split 50/50) $2000
  • Admission Tickets: 5-day Park-Hoppers from UCT $650
  • MNSSHP Ticket: $180
  • Airfare: $500
  • Ground Transportation: includes Ubers on site $300
  • Dining: $1000**
  • Miscellaneous: $370
**I use gift cards earned through rebate/rewards programs to pay for my dining budget so that $1000 will actually be "free"

I need to save $4000 in funds towards my budget, or find ways to reduce the costs. I have a few reductions that I am planning on, but cannot guarantee at this point. The biggest reduction is airfare because I have enough SWA points to cover my flight, but I am not going to plan on flying SW because their schedule is sometimes very limited out of our airport. If BFF comes along, the lodging cost goes down to $600 and the tickets drop to $400...so I *really* hope she can come!

Current Status: $1089.46/$4000.00
27.2% (*If I remove the $500 airfare from the budget, I am actually 31.1% of the way there:))
Gift Cards Earned: $754.66/$1000.00
75.4%
Time for a WAY overdue update :flower3:
BFF *is* coming...but she is having shoulder surgery today so she is out of commission (work) for the next 3-4 months. She is so excited about the trip, but she will be at the end of her recovery period when we go so she is not entirely sure exactly what she will and won't be able to do.

I've done some tweaking with my budget, but I am almost all the way there. I currently have about $1200 saved up in Disney gift cards and that does not include the $180 that I already used to pay for my MNSSHP ticket:thumbsup2. I was also able to pay for my entire airfare with SW points. I paid for my EBCI and 9/11 fees with my SW Visa so the EBCI fees were reimbursed, making my total airfare cost $11.20. I have also accumulated other "free" gift cards through other reward programs that don't offer Disney gift cards (Fetch, Receipt Hog, e-Rewards, etc) and I have earned $95 towards Uber and $125.70 towards Amazon (groceries or Lyft gift cards for Minnie Vans).

I spent $540 on my portion of our additional DVC points and $380 for my 5-day park-hopper ticket. That depleted a lot of my cash savings. My company put a freeze on overtime so it has been very difficult to stash away extra cash. Instead of stashing $200+ for a full extra shift, I'm only able to stash away $10-$15 at a time when I get an extra hour or two from late calls. Currently, I have a little under $500 in my savings account. I need $100 for my portion of our towncar transportation and then I am budgeting another $725 for the rest of my "cash" expenses (fishing trip, Genie+, tips, and other misc expenses). I am certain that I am way overestimating what I will need, but I would like to have that surplus in case of emergency. Right now, I am about $320 short of my cash goal with 90 days until we leave.

Time for a WAY overdue update :flower3:
BFF *is* coming...but she is having shoulder surgery today so she is out of commission (work) for the next 3-4 months. She is so excited about the trip, but she will be at the end of her recovery period when we go so she is not entirely sure exactly what she will and won't be able to do.

I've done some tweaking with my budget, but I am almost all the way there. I currently have about $1200 saved up in Disney gift cards and that does not include the $180 that I already used to pay for my MNSSHP ticket:thumbsup2. I was also able to pay for my entire airfare with SW points. I paid for my EBCI and 9/11 fees with my SW Visa so the EBCI fees were reimbursed, making my total airfare cost $11.20. I have also accumulated other "free" gift cards through other reward programs that don't offer Disney gift cards (Fetch, Receipt Hog, e-Rewards, etc) and I have earned $95 towards Uber and $125.70 towards Amazon (groceries or Lyft gift cards for Minnie Vans).

I spent $540 on my portion of our additional DVC points and $380 for my 5-day park-hopper ticket. That depleted a lot of my cash savings. My company put a freeze on overtime so it has been very difficult to stash away extra cash. Instead of stashing $200+ for a full extra shift, I'm only able to stash away $10-$15 at a time when I get an extra hour or two from late calls. Currently, I have a little under $500 in my savings account. I need $100 for my portion of our towncar transportation and then I am budgeting another $725 for the rest of my "cash" expenses (fishing trip, Genie+, tips, and other misc expenses). I am certain that I am way overestimating what I will need, but I would like to have that surplus in case of emergency. Right now, I am about $320 short of my cash goal with 90 days until we leave.

It's great that you're almost all the way there with your budget! It sounds like you've been doing a lot of great things to save money, and I'm sure you'll be able to make up the difference soon. The most difficult thing is to avoid impulse purchases)) It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of Disney World and spend more money than you planned😆

Last edited:
WAY too much.

I am going with family - my mom, my sister and my nephew, my brother, and my sister in law.

I am paying for my nephew's park tickets and airfare as a birthday/christmas present.
I am paying for my sisters, my brothers, and my sister in laws MNSSHP tickets as THEIR Christmas presents this year.

My mom, sister, nephew, and I are getting two rooms, preferred, at POP Aug 24-29th. My brother and sister in law are staying off site. We are doing 4 park days, no hoppers

My costs:

Flights x 2: $671.92
Hotel + tickets(mine and my nephews portion): $1,326.
MNSSHP x 4: $436
Mears (me and nephew): $50ish (don't remember exactly, don't want to look ha)
Food: Giving myself $500
Misc: $200

ANNNNNND I also kind of went slightly crazy for my family. I'm making everyone little gift bags for the trip

Family Shirts x6: $134.76
Personalized Sunglasses x6: $37.88
Handheld/stroller fans: $~70
Nephew Shirt: $13
Newphew Magic Band: $25
Cooling Towels: ~$90
Genie+ (1 day for each person): ~$150

I also booked Cinderella's Royal Table for 4 of us, but that might be cancelled: $250

This comes to about $3,800 which is a LOT. But, also less than I was thinking since some of this is coming out of my Christmas budget and I'm kind of going all out. We haven't done a family trip like this in 10+ years. I'm really excited.

Everything but the cooling towels, genie+, and food (obv) has been paid for, but I have the money set aside already.

......Gifting MIGHT be my love language.

Edit: I forgot! I want to do memory maker/photo pass or whatever. So closer to 4k.

Last edited:
Late Sep 2023 trip for family of 5 (1 infant) 5 nights 6 days

Lodging DVC - 2 nights VGF 2 nights AKL 1 night poly 102 points
Airfare $760
Airport transfer $150
Tickets-$1384 (4 day park hopper military salute)
Food $1200 (est)
Souvenirs $200

Total-$3694

We were doing to do a 1 day single park and MNSSHP but we went last year and our boys didn’t enjoy it that much so we opted for a mil salute park hopper instead for flexibility.

Going for a quick weekend in early September as it's the only time I could make work to get away for MNSSHP. (Okay maybe October would have worked but $109 vs $189 - that difference alone covers my flight!)

All Costs are for 2 Adults

Transportation to airport: Free (thanks friends!)
Flights: $152 (No carry-on, personal item ONLY)
MEARS - to and from POP: $63
POP - 3 Nights: $518**
Park Entry - 3 Days: $501.45*
MNSSHP: $232*** (on top of the AP this stings but it is what it is, lol)
Food Budget: $400
Merch Budget: $200 (I have an ear problem, okay...)
Transportation Home - Uber: $25

Total Cost: $2,091.45

I should not have tallied this all together because I thought this was a quick, fun, affordable trip... lol
Granted $500 of this trip is in 'pre-paid' AP cost but the flights and hotel really get you! We have family within 30 minutes of the parks so we usually drive so we can stay there and WOW, what a difference that makes! We didn't have the luxury of drive time this trip and we are certainly paying for it.

DISCLAIMERS
*Myself and DH have Incredi Passes so I have based this number on how many estimated days we will be in the park this year and divided the total cost of the pass by that number. My pass I also tacked on the extra $100 I paid for memory maker since I'll be doing 2 RunDisney events this year it was a no brainer.

Zara Cost per Park Visit: 1589.94/20 = $79.50
DH Cost Per Park Visit: 1489.94/17 = $87.65

**This is with my 35% AP discount
***$10 off AP Discount applied

Tickets for October (3x2 day park hopper 1x1 day park hopper and 3 ooggie boogie tickets) $2000

Hotels 2 days at GCF ($2000) might do 4 ($4000), but right now I have 2 days at a hotel across the street with points. GFC price is insane. I have stayed in cheaper rooms in Venice...

I'm sure we'll spend $1000 to 1500 in park over those days on food / souveniers (I have a six year old, so...)

so, $5000 to $7500. Lol, seems like a lot for 4 days. It's over Columbus day.

Funny thing! I completely forgot that I started a "side hustle" as a teaching assistant at the EMS Academy:rotfl2:. The class is almost done for this "term" so I only had the opportunity to assist on two occassions so far for a total of 8 hours. The paycheck was really delayed since I started "helping out" before I was officially put on the payroll and I just got my first check today. I earn $25/hour and I "teach" for 4 hours on Wednesdays when class is in session. There is going to be a break until the end of August so I probably won't be able to make a whole lot more between now and October, but I told myself when I started that my earnings would be the replacement for my OT money and it would all go towards my vacation. This paycheck today put me within $175 of my cash goal. In addition, I was approved to work 6 hours of OT at a concert (Thomas Rhett) next Saturday night:thumbsup2.

Family of 4, our trip was for our DD's HS graduation, back in March during spring break.
We drive 7 hours - Gas $170
POP 9 Nts
$1729
8 day's of park tickets no hopper (never need hopper)
$1950
Food/snacks/souvenirs - Normally this would have been less, because we rarely do TS meals but this trip we did 3 :crazy: CRT, Tusker House & 50's Prime Time.
$2600
MK Fireworks desert Party ( I will say I hated paying for this, because DW and I have never felt it was worth the price, but it was a surprise for our DD's)
$484
G+ 3 days
$240

TOTAL: $7,173

Doing 4 days/nights at Pop in October. Family of 4 with two kids.
Preferred room with tickets and memory maker - $3765
MNSSHP - $698
Since we only visit once every 3-5
Years we will probably get genie + everyday to get the most out of our trip so we have around $480-$500 budgeted for it.
We are doing two “big” meals in Cali grill and Tusker house with the rest of the time splitting lunches and snacking so $1000-$1200.
And then roughly $400-500 for souvenirs
In total it’s going to be around $6500-$7000.
That’s a lot of money but again, we only get to visit once every 3-5 years and we put money back every pay day in small amounts so it’s never a huge financial burden to save money for these trips.

Our last December trip was EXPENSIVE! Now we are back to our cheap weekend trips...here we GO! August 25-27, 2023 for my birthday. Just husband and me.

Flights = Delta miles
Car Rental = $90 (EV)
Hotel = $565 (2-nights @ GDT using AP discount)
Tickets = using our AP's, so technically $0 (kinda, but not really)
Food = using a left over Disney GC from last year. We are snackers and share everything, but will be doing dinner at Takumi Tei. But I'm guessing we won't spend more than $100 out-of-pocket once the gift card is depleted.

Estimated total = $755

We have spent that much (and more) on two plane tickets just to visit my Dad for a weekend.

I am scared to do this.

Airport Transportation: 275CND
Flight: Toronto to Orlando 756CND
6 nights at Pop Century with 5 day ticket: 1813USD
Orlando Airport Transportation: 31.50USD
MNSSHP: 160USD
Epcot After Hours: 137USD
Genie+ budget: 250USD (I will be buying everyday and using ILL at least once per ride except for RotR)
Daily Spending: 128USD/day: 640USD total (1st and 7th day of the trip are very short days so not budgeting)
Extra/Emergency/Special: 300USD (for a special buy, if something comes up or if I need to make travel changes)

So around 585USD a day for a 7 day, 6 night, 5 park day solo trip.

I wish I hadn't done this.

We came in right around $8,000 for our trip in June. 2 adults, 3 kids

Airfare - points
1 night Hyatt House - points
1 day car rental
9 nights - rented DVC points
6 day park tickets (1 water park day included)
Food
Souvenirs
Lyft to airport
Dog boarding

We can under budget for food! I think we ate much less due to the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter