• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much is your 2023 Disney vacation going to cost, or how much are you budgeting for it?

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
We are traveling in August 2023. Family of five with boys aged 8, 5, and 3 at time of travel. These are my current working totals. The 162 DVC points from 2022 were free when we bought our DVC contract, but I figure they are still worth the 2022 dues pp.

7 Nights at Polynesian Lake View Studio: $1291.89 (162 2022 points @ $7.3859pp, 12 2023 points @ $7.9475pp)
2 Nights at Animal Kingdom-Kidani Village 1BR Savanna View: $556.33 (70 2023 points @ $7.9475pp)
7 1 Park Per Day Ticket for 2 Adults & 3 Children: $2,833.61
Roundtrip Airline Tickets from and to MDW: $1,579.78
Roundtrip Transportation on Sunshine Flyer: $144.00
Groceries: $200.00 (estimate)
Restaurants: $1,500.00 (estimate)
Souvenirs: $1,110.00 (estimate)
Tips: $100.00 (estimate)

Total: $9,315.61

Current amount saved: $10,552.55 with an additional $475.00 in Disney gift cards. Accommodations were paid for in December 2022.

Last edited:
Well, ours is kind of a different way of doing things...
There will be 12 of us (2 of those are under 3)

We'll be renting a house for 2 weeks, anticipating about $3,000 for that.
Tickets will be through a homeschool group we will be going with, so $5,500 for 6 days.
Also adding on universal, which we're estimating about $2,500.
Food for everyone, I'd guess around $2,500. We'll do breakfast and maybe dinner at the house, quick lunches at parks.
Travel expenses: $1,000 (gas and hotel there and back)

Total: $14,000
Step son will contribute what they can, but we're anticipating handling most of the costs.

I thought I'd be skipping Disney in 2023 and future (sort of been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, and it's pricier than what I want to pay, especially for a large family group). We went in March of 2022 (11 of us) and have a fun March of 1972 photo of me and my brother side by side one at the same place in the MK with his daughter and my son in March of 2022 which I think is cool as heck (Photos are taken almost exactly 50 years apart of each other). We have so many great Orlando / Disney memories thru the years. I thought this 50 year period would end my Disney run. I honestly did.
****************************************************************************************************************************
So OK, no Disney/Orlando only trips planned but OMG -- I am going to be in Tampa visiting a cousin who lives in assisted living for two full days in February, was just going to fly home from Tampa, but now I am doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour that has been on my bucket list for the past 20 years, and I'm so excited. I'll only have time to do maybe two attractions after that tour too before I head to the airport and fly home, but am still totally onboard to do this. I'm just counting additional costs of doing this since I was already going to Tampa anyway. And I'm also counting offsets where there were expenses I was going to incur in Tampa my last night and fly home day that I will no longer incur.

Canceled my last night hotel room night in Tampa that saves me $200. Canceled my last day rental car in Tampa which saves me $75. I was originally for visiting my cousin going to spend three nights in Tampa and fly home from Tampa in the morning. And I was already paying for one hotel room for my nephew who lives in Orlando to join me and my cousin at the Lowry Park Zoo Day 1 and the Florida Aquarium day 2, so that's not an add on expense. (He was already driving out the first morning I'm there and driving back to Orlando the end of the second day full day I was there). Now my nephew is going to drive me from Tampa to his house, and I'll stay in his guest bedroom one night for free.

And I asked him if he'd like to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour with me and he said yes, he'd love to, but didn't want me to have to spend the money if I didn't want to. Well it would be a blast to take him, so of course I splurged and got him tickets too.

So my one expensive whirlwind day at the MK for the five hour Keys to the Kingdom tour for two (includes a counter service lunch) will set me back about $448. After the tour I'll only be able to do maybe two more attractions there and then my nephew will drive me from the park to the airport. I'll have my suitcase in his trunk. The MCO airport is only like 15-20 minutes from his house and my flight is at 6:30 p.m.)

One day splurge on Keys to the Kingdom tour at the MK for two sets me back a total of: $448 ($224 pp for the day)
--Tampa Hotel Savings -200
--Tampa Rental Car Savings -75
--Two one day Magic Kingdom Tickets $360 with tax -- $180 pp
--Tickets for two for the Keys to the Kingdom with tax is $243 -- about $122 pp
-- Regular Parking at the MK for one day $25
--Extra cost of one way ticket flying home from Orlando instead of Tampa (Tampa to St. Louis direct flight ticket was $125 and Orlando to St. Louis Ticket is $160, so an extra $35. Flying on Southwest, so could easily change return location and time.)
--Tip for Tour Guide $40
--Dinner at the airport (quick service) $20

******************************************************************************************************************
But does it end there? No it doesn't. In September I'm taking my son on a bucket list trip for him to Paris and Belfast, and what do Disney loving people who are in Paris end of doing lol -- do a few add on days to Disneyland Paris of course. We extended our European trip by three days and are spending three nights at a Disney hotel and two and a 1/2 days in the parks in September 2023.

Disneyland Paris Add on -- gives us two and 1/2 days in the parks: $1480 -- comes out to $246 pp per day.
-- Cabs or private transportation from Paris hotel to Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris and Disneyland Paris hotel to Charles De Gaulle airport for flight to Belfast - $120 (We could save $s by doing the train, but in our case time savings and convenience is worth the added cost to me.)
-- Three nights at the Sequoia Lodge (a Disney hotel) Disneyland Paris. This includes park hopper tickets for four days, but we are only using three days (1/2 day the day we arrive and two full days where we will have the rope drop advantage of staying onsite) -- $960 -- That's $320 a day or $160 a day pp. (I booked on the UK instead of the US website, and that saved me a few $s)
-- Food (We are doing mostly quick service, just one table service meal. You could spend a lot more here, but our priority is time in the parks, not eating) - $300
-- Souvenirs - $100

What is it about Disney that makes me this excited to spend this much money??

DH isn't interested in either of these trips, and I'll also be doing a 2023 trip with him to Sedona, AZ.

Last edited:
OOOHH! I need this post! I will jump on this train to help keep my budget on track.
Right now, the travelling party is myself (age 49), my dad (age 75) and my BFF (age 53)...yup, we will be a strange crew:crazy:. My BFF may be bringing her adult son with her since he was not able to join us on our trip this past year due to his military deployment, but there is also the distinct possibility that BFF may not be able to come at all and it may end up being just dad and I. Either way, we are planning on acquiring enough points for a 2BR at AKV-Kidani for a week in October, arriving the day after my birthday. If BFF isn't able to come, we have a backup plan....we will split the stay into 3 nights at BLT and 4 nights at Kidani in 1BR's (pending availability, of course). So either way, it will be fun.

Now, for the budget...it's a HUGE difference for me if BFF can't go, not just because of the lodging, but because she can get us military salute tickets. If she goes, it saves me about $1500! I am planning for the worst-case scenario and budgeting for just me and dad so that I am prepared. That means that my overall budget is about $5000! Here it is...

• Lodging: Additional cost to acquire points needed (split 50/50) $2000
  • Admission Tickets: 5-day Park-Hoppers from UCT $650
  • MNSSHP Ticket: $180
  • Airfare: $500
  • Ground Transportation: includes Ubers on site $300
  • Dining: $1000**
  • Miscellaneous: $370
**I use gift cards earned through rebate/rewards programs to pay for my dining budget so that $1000 will actually be "free"

I need to save $4000 in funds towards my budget, or find ways to reduce the costs. I have a few reductions that I am planning on, but cannot guarantee at this point. The biggest reduction is airfare because I have enough SWA points to cover my flight, but I am not going to plan on flying SW because their schedule is sometimes very limited out of our airport. If BFF comes along, the lodging cost goes down to $600 and the tickets drop to $400...so I *really* hope she can come!

Current Status: $1089.46/$4000.00
27.2% (*If I remove the $500 airfare from the budget, I am actually 31.1% of the way there:))
Gift Cards Earned: $754.66/$1000.00
75.4%

Last edited:

I heard from some clients who were going for ten days. Staying at Pop Century with four park days. Their cost was about $3,000 through AAA. That’s not including food or travel, but they are a frugal bunch and so I’m sure it won’t be much more than that. I love seeing how WDW works for various budgets.

OOOHH! I need this post! I will jump on this train to help keep my budget on track.
Right now, the travelling party is myself (age 49), my dad (age 75) and my BFF (age 53)...yup, we will be a strange crew:crazy:. My BFF may be bringing her adult son with her since he was not able to join us on our trip this past year due to his military deployment, but there is also the distinct possibility that BFF may not be able to come at all and it may end up being just dad and I. Either way, we are planning on acquiring enough points for a 2BR at AKV-Kidani for a week in October, arriving the day after my birthday. If BFF isn't able to come, we have a backup plan....we will split the stay into 3 nights at BLT and 4 nights at Kidani in 1BR's (pending availability, of course). So either way, it will be fun.

Now, for the budget...it's a HUGE difference for me if BFF can't go, not just because of the lodging, but because she can get us military salute tickets. If she goes, it saves me about $1500! I am planning for the worst-case scenario and budgeting for just me and dad so that I am prepared. That means that my overall budget is about $5000! Here it is...

• Lodging: Additional cost to acquire points needed (split 50/50) $2000
  • Admission Tickets: 5-day Park-Hoppers from UCT $650
  • MNSSHP Ticket: $180
  • Airfare: $500
  • Ground Transportation: includes Ubers on site $300
  • Dining: $1000**
  • Miscellaneous: $370
**I use gift cards earned through rebate/rewards programs to pay for my dining budget so that $1000 will actually be "free"

I need to save $4000 in funds towards my budget, or find ways to reduce the costs. I have a few reductions that I am planning on, but cannot guarantee at this point. The biggest reduction is airfare because I have enough SWA points to cover my flight, but I am not going to plan on flying SW because their schedule is sometimes very limited out of our airport. If BFF comes along, the lodging cost goes down to $600 and the tickets drop to $400...so I *really* hope she can come!

Current Status: $1089.46/$4000.00
27.2% (*If I remove the $500 airfare from the budget, I am actually 31.1% of the way there:))
Gift Cards Earned: $754.66/$1000.00
75.4%
I hope your BFF’s son can join you. Not just for the discount, but for some well deserved relaxation. My grandfather was a marine during Korea and my cousin did two tours with the army. No one deserves WDW more than our veterans.

Well, ours is kind of a different way of doing things...
There will be 12 of us (2 of those are under 3)

We'll be renting a house for 2 weeks, anticipating about $3,000 for that.
Tickets will be through a homeschool group we will be going with, so $5,500 for 6 days.
Also adding on universal, which we're estimating about $2,500.
Food for everyone, I'd guess around $2,500. We'll do breakfast and maybe dinner at the house, quick lunches at parks.
Travel expenses: $1,000 (gas and hotel there and back)

Total: $14,000
Step son will contribute what they can, but we're anticipating handling most of the costs.
When my wife and I got married, my parents would treat my siblings and me, along with our spouses and kids to a summer vacation in Hilton Head Island. Not Disney, but still one big house near the beach and it was a lot of fun. This past summer, my dad said he doesn’t see it happening again due to all the grandchildren getting older and schedules filling up. Enjoy it as long as it lasts!!

When we go next we are doing 15 nights at CBR and 3 nights at the grand Floridan, will be doing table service once a day plus visit some other parks too. Coming from the uk with our two year old twins, in dollars it’s coming to about 17k all in

we are also doing 4 nights on the Disney dream which goes from the uk but even that trip is going to be about 6k with spending. Eg nursary, drinks, rainforest room, Palo etc

If you asked me a couple of weeks ago I would have said -0- as we weren't planning on a trip in 2023. Last trip was in 2017. We tacked a couple of days on post-cruise because DH wanted to see Pandora.

Right now I'm roughly planning a couple of days at Disneyland, post-cruise. We're doing a Hawaii cruise and will stop in LA on the way back. Rather than fly home right away we're going to take advantage of being on the west coast and spend a couple of days at Disneyland (never been). Hoping to keep it under $2k.

I have two trips booked this year.
May 11-20 2023 two adults

5/11-5/12 Saratoga Springs deluxe studio (preferred) arrival night $280.00 renting points

5/12-5/19 Renting a 35 foot camper with a golf cart $1425.00
Premium campsite at Fort Wilderness with eight day parkhoppers $2942.
5/19-5/20 Grand Floridians new dvc resort studio, renting points $$458.00
Airfare RT $850 Food/Spending $1500
Total $7455.00 Transportation to and from airport I'm using Lyft gift cards I got for Christmas.

My second trip I'm going with two co-workers so were splitting the cost.
Sept 16-23 three adults
9/16-9/17 Allstar Music suites with seven day parkhoppers $2413.00
9/17-9/23 Polynesian deluxe studio, standard view renting points $2262.00
Airfare $400 per person rt and usually budget $1000 for just my food and spending. I almost always come back with money since I very rarely buy souvenirs anymore.
Total per person excluding airfare and food/spending $1910.00😊

I do buy Disney gift cards using my target red card to save 5%. I also buy Lyft, Southwest and Starbucks gift cards doing the same saving the 5%. Ill be using my Disney visa reward $$ to purchase G+

Last edited:
If I got to Disneyland this year it will probably cost around $2,000 for just me.

Hotel - 625
Food - 500
Tickets - 400
Gas - 175
Misc. - 300

February visit:
10 days

Car rental - $600 (but I did use points for this)
Air BnB - $705
Food - $700
Universal night event - $239
Disney tickets - $0 (have an AP from last trip)

Around $2,244 CAD

May trip:
14 days

Starcruiser (my portion) $2400
Car rental - $600
Air bnb - $900
Disney tickets - $0 (AP)
Food - $875

Around $4,775 CAD

November trip
12 days

Disney tickets - $0 AP
Hotel - $1600
Food - $1100

Approx $2,700 CAD or $5,000 CAD if I do the starcruiser again.

Basically, I give Disney too much money. 😅Yup. Also, I need to find cheaper car rental options.

Flights aren’t included because I use travel points for them. If I want to go in 2024 I’ll have to renew my AP at the end of November 2023 which is a big chunk of change.

About 2,000 for renting points and food. I used cc points to pay for tickets. I'm saving my money for my Greek Isles cruise this Summer. I'm not convinced WDW is still worth it.

We've really changed how our Disney trips happen to keep them at a price point we are comfortable with. Dropped some TS meals, and stay off property.

Family of 5 (2 adults, 2 kids, 1 toddler), March 2023
  • Off property house rental 8 nights $1200 (1/3 of total house cost, split with other travel parties)
  • Tickets 6 day hoppers $2660
  • Parks Parking $150
  • Restaurant Estimates (3 TS, 3 QS, 1 eat around the world night) $1000
  • Breakfast/some lunch groceries $200
  • Double Stroller rental $110
  • Gas to/from NC, around parks $300
  • Hotel on travel there $150

total $5770

Souvenirs/Snacks are covered by about $1000 in accumulated Disney visa rewards, any surplus will go toward meals

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter