How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

Just Us Two! My fiance and I :)

Nov to Dec Timeframe!

11 nights @ Port Orleans French Quarter with 5 day tickets & 1 complimentary water park ticket - $2,691.83
MVMCP - Free thanks to surverys!
Fireworks Dessert Party (PG View) - Also free thanks to surveys
Airfare RT Philly to Orlando - $280 (Rough guess based on previous trips)
Food - $1,000 (have quite a bit of reservations this trip! Foodie Family here!)

Total: 3971.83 (Ouch.... Hoping to get it down with gift cards earned through surveys)
What survey programs do you participate in and how much time do you dedicate to this? PM me the details, if possible. Thank you!

Myself and my friend (so everything will be split by two)

Currently:
Package Tickets (6 Day Hopper + 6 nights AoA Little Mermaid): $2150
MVMCP: $210.88
Total: $2360

PP: $1,180.44

We haven't booked flights yet, but *hoping* we can get around $200 round trip. Currently flights are at $266. I have alerts going.

We also both plan on upgrading to APs, so I think that will be an additional $370pp + tax. I'm putting aside $500 for myself for food and souvenirs, but I won't be surprised it it goes a bit over that. So right now, it's looking QUITE pricey lol. OOPS.

I did get a $150 statement credit from my CC after booking the trip and $30 off from using discounted disney gift cards.

Keeps getting more expensive!! Added Toy Story EMM for $133.35 (I'm paying for both of us as a gift) and flights ended up being $250.50 with baggage.

So that brings my total just for me to $2457.28. Ahhh! But again, that includes the annual pass which will reduce the cost of future trips.

I turn 30 a month later so this is a big gift to myself AND everything but the annual pass has already been paid off. No debt for this trip.

My trip budget has gone up and down as components of the plan has changed, but we're finally all set for our 7 day Halloween trip! This is just myself and my 3 year old son.

$1,432 6 nights at Pop with two 5-day base tickets
$23 2 RT flights (using points)
$136 Airport parking
$430 Meals and grocery delivery
$158 EMM at Toy Story Land

$2,179 total, although I still have to pay for a dog walker while we're out of town so that will be another $100-150. I feel pretty good about that cost for a 7 day vacation!

My trip budget has gone up and down as components of the plan has changed, but we're finally all set for our 7 day Halloween trip! This is just myself and my 3 year old son.

$136 Airport parking

$2,179 total, although I still have to pay for a dog walker while we're out of town so that will be another $100-150. I feel pretty good about that cost for a 7 day vacation!

Wow that is good!

So, a few things have changed since the previous post.

Accommodations - My brother is still covering the points needed for the Treehouse Villas. $0 OOP
Airfare - Southwest's schedule was pretty lousy for our return date, so I booked us on American for the return trip. Unfortunately, that means money OOP to the tune of $171 per person once I paid the taxes, fees and premium seat selection. So $342 for the return trip while the trip down on Southwest will cost $42. Paid for with money received from renting my DVC points out. $384 OOP (cash)
Ground Transportation (PHL) - Looks like the shuttle will be $137 plus gratuity. Not paid yet. Will cover with points from Chase Sapphire credit card. $180 OOP (points)
Ground Transportation (MCO) - Using DME on arrival and will snag a ride back to MCO with brother on departure day. $0 OOP
Tickets - $1191 (DVC Plat. Plus for myself and husband, purchased but not activated, paid for with Disney GCs) $1191 w/GCs
TiW Card - brother beat me to it. He has a trip with his daughter planned for July. He's buying one when he gets there. $0 OOP
KTTK Tour - $89.62 per person after AP discount. Booked already and paid for with Disney GCs. $179.24 w/GCs
TOTWL Beverage Seminar - paid for by brother when he booked it $0 OOP
Italian Beer vs. Wine Event - was $88 per person last year, expecting it to be around $95 per person this year. Will pay with Disney GCs. $190 w/GCs
F&W Food + Beverage Pairing Seminar - Disneyfoodblog is reporting that this will be $25 per person. To be paid for with Disney GCs when booked. $50 w/GCs
Other Food and Beverages - still budgeting $1200 even though brother wants to be generous and cover everyone's tab. I plan to at least pay for his meal at Shula's. I figure on $200 cash and $1000 in Disney GCs.​
So overall:
Cash - $764 (let's just call it $800)
Disney GCs - $1611 (most of which are sunk costs because I've already paid for the majority of it)
Total Cost of Trip = under $2500 due to my brother's generosity
Updating totals:
Accommodations - My brother is still covering the points needed for the Treehouse Villas. $0 OOP
Airfare - Southwest's schedule was pretty lousy for our return date, so I booked us on American for the return trip. Unfortunately, that means money OOP to the tune of $171 per person once I paid the taxes, fees and premium seat selection. So $342 for the return trip while the trip down on Southwest will cost $42. Paid for with money received from renting my DVC points out. $384 OOP (cash)
Ground Transportation (PHL) - Looks like the shuttle will be $152 plus gratuity. Not paid yet. Will cover with points from Chase Sapphire credit card. $180 OOP (points)
Ground Transportation (MCO) - Using DME on arrival and will snag a ride back to MCO with brother on departure day. $0 OOP
Tickets - $1191 (DVC Plat. Plus for myself and husband, purchased but not activated, paid for with Disney GCs) $1191 w/GCs
TiW Card - brother beat me to it. He has a trip with his daughter planned for July. He's buying one when he gets there. $0 OOP
KTTK Tour - $89.62 per person after AP discount. Booked already and paid for with Disney GCs. $179.24 w/GCs
TOTWL Beverage Seminar - paid for by brother when he booked it $0 OOP
Italian Beer vs. Wine Event - $92.85 per person with tax. $185.70 w/GCs
F&W Food + Beverage Pairing Seminar - $26.63 per person $53.26 w/GCs
Other Food and Beverages - still budgeting $1200 even though brother wants to be generous and cover everyone's tab. I plan to at least pay for his meal at Shula's. I figure on $200 cash and $1000 in Disney GCs.​
So overall:
Cash - $800 (most of which has already been paid out, but I'll bring $1000)
Disney GCs - $2610 (most of which are sunk costs because I've already paid for the majority of it)
Total Cost of Trip = under $3400 due to my brother's generosity.

Last edited:
Going to Disneyland for the first time with my mom, September 25th-29th. Originally planned to go to LA, but it got to be way too expensive.

2 round trip flights from Charleston to Santa Ana: $775

Lodging at the Disneyland Hotel, Premium View, for 4 nights: $1353
  • This is 50% less than the original price through the website, so I can definitely justifying pay this price!
One 2-Day Park Hopper Ticket: $255
  • I get a free ticket through my work, so only my mom has to pay!
2 Halloween Party Tickets: $210

I'm estimating around $500 for food and souvenirs and such. I can't wait!

$136 Airport parking

Funny that you should mention EMM for TSL. I had booked it, but after being able to get the DVC Member Magic for that night, my siblings and I decided to cancel EMM. It was going to cost $589 for the seven of us and only TSL would be open...for what amounts to 75 minutes of exclusive time...and a counter service breakfast. The DVC event is free, runs from 9:00 PM - 12:30 AM with other attractions being open plus rare characters and includes light refreshments. It was a no-brainer to cancel.

Funny that you should mention EMM for TSL. I had booked it, but after being able to get the DVC Member Magic for that night, my siblings and I decided to cancel EMM. It was going to cost $589 for the seven of us and only TSL would be open...for what amounts to 75 minutes of exclusive time...and a counter service breakfast. The DVC event is free, runs from 9:00 PM - 12:30 AM with other attractions being open plus rare characters and includes light refreshments. It was a no-brainer to cancel.

For a group of adults, that makes perfect sense. Quite frankly, TSL is the only reason my son and I are going to HS. For a 3 year old, TSL and the character meets are all we really need and the breakfast is really an afterthought. Something that doesn't even start until after his bedtime would not be a good fit for us. Now, I wouldn't say a one day park ticket plus EMM would make financial sense, but seeing as it's only about $40 of my 5 day tickets, it's not so bad.

The beauty of options, there's something for most preferences! :-)

I took my parents with us in May for my sons first birthday. We stayed in a two bedroom villa at the beach club for four nights then ten nights at the grand Floridian club level we went all high end dining the whole trip and a lot of add ons it cost me about 25k.

Our second trip just my wife son and I this time we booked last week for fifteen days starting next week we are doing six nights in a one bedroom villa at the boardwalk and then moving to the beach club villas one bedroom for the remainder. We purchased aps this time and are a little more experienced I expect this trip to be around 15k learning more everyday and hoping to become dvc owners soon!

My original estimate (back in January) was $3600-3800 and I was dead on!

Actual Spending:
Flights (for 3) = $558
Hotel/6 day passes/upgrade free QS to DP = $2628
Stroller rental = $90
Tips = $95
Memory Maker = $169
Misc (souvenirs, housekeeping tips, etc) = $80
Transp from airport = $12

Grand Total = $3632

UPDATE! So far $2,924.88 Paid with free gift cards earned! Have another $250 in gift cards coming later this month. :yay:

EDITED - We were able to save even more!

Just Us Two! My fiance and I :)

Nov to Dec Timeframe!

11 nights @ Port Orleans French Quarter with 5 day tickets & 1 complimentary water park ticket - $2,691.83 (put down $2,300 in Disney gift cards thanks to Swagbucks, Dosh, and side jobs)
MVMCP - Free thanks to the dosh app!
Fireworks Dessert Party (PG View) - Free thanks to Swagbucks
Airfare RT Philly to Orlando - Free as well thanks to Swagbucks
Food - $1,000 (have quite a bit of reservations this trip! Foodie Family here!)

Total: $4,316.71

Last edited:
$289 plus tax each for Florida passes. Around $145 a night to stay at POP. It's adding up!

$3.3k paid so far...
3 adults, 2 kids
5 nights at ASM Suite

no food yet. so that will push us over 4k.. and the MNSSHP (undecided) could put us closer to 5k. :(

4 Adults
1 child under 3

2 Rooms at Pop, room only for 6 Nights $1067x2=$2134
4 Base Tickets for 5 days from UT- ~$1600
Airfare paid with points on SW. But I got a little nervous thinking everyone and their little brother under 5 would be on the same plane so I booked Early Boarding for all 5 of us R/T. So ~$300

I’m trying to budget for food? Where do you even begin? If I booked a package adding dining would have increased the cost by $2000. That seemed way high. But is it?
Should I be considering booking a package? We plan on doing at least one character meal(hopefully breakfast) and we will probably pick a TS restaurant on each day.

4 Adults
1 child under 3

2 Rooms at Pop, room only for 6 Nights $1067x2=$2134
4 Base Tickets for 5 days from UT- ~$1600
Airfare paid with points on SW. But I got a little nervous thinking everyone and their little brother under 5 would be on the same plane so I booked Early Boarding for all 5 of us R/T. So ~$300

I’m trying to budget for food? Where do you even begin? If I booked a package adding dining would have increased the cost by $2000. That seemed way high. But is it?
Should I be considering booking a package? We plan on doing at least one character meal(hopefully breakfast) and we will probably pick a TS restaurant on each day.

I couldn't help but notice how high your room rate for POP is... did you check if any discounts we available? My friend has POP booked for $101 a night (tax included) for December.

Since your doing two rooms, ou should check the cost of adding the deluxe dining plan to one room and sharing the credits among everyone. Sometimes that is cheaper.

I couldn't help but notice how high your room rate for POP is... did you check if any discounts we available? My friend has POP booked for $101 a night (tax included) for December.

Since your doing two rooms, ou should check the cost of adding the deluxe dining plan to one room and sharing the credits among everyone. Sometimes that is cheaper.
Oh really that’s a high price? It’s been a while since I’ve gone to Disney and I was thinking it was a decent price. So far no deals have been announced, but I’ll be stalking. I forgot to add the dates we are going. May 15th-May 21th.

Oh really that’s a high price? It’s been a while since I’ve gone to Disney and I was thinking it was a decent price. So far no deals have been announced, but I’ll be stalking. I forgot to add the dates we are going. May 15th-May 21th.

Oh okay... that makes sense! I thought this was for 2018! I think they may have a 2019 vacation cost thread going. I believe they sent out pin code for up to 30% through june - you may want to check your emails or mail for one. If you didn't receive on, discount should be announced in the next few months.

That price seemed high since it doesn't factor in any discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter