How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

Family of 3

June 20-28 at Pop with dining plan 4200
Early morning magic - 200
Pirates and pals - 200
Pixar Play Zone -70
Tips and extra meals -450
Driving to Florida from Ct - estimating 1200
We’re spending a night in savanah and another night somewhere coming home.
About $6400

Disneyland for 6 people 3 kids and 3 adults cost us about $4200. We stayed offsite at Best Western Raffles. My dad got us discount tickets with his military discount. My baby-sitter paid for about 75% of her food, so that was not added in to the total.

December 22-28.

Caribbean beach resort.
Two adults, 2 eleven year olds, 1
Six year old
Dining plan-free
Park hoppers
Memory maker photo plan

~$5500

Transportation: I believe we are going to drive the 17 1/2 hours and save $1000.

So around $6000 without extras and candlelight professional dining

Myself, DH, and DD(16) staying at Pop Century Standard Pool View 7 days with Free Dining + MNSSHP and 3 Southwest tickets, $3650

Myself and my friend (so everything will be split by two)

Currently:
Package Tickets (6 Day Hopper + 6 nights AoA Little Mermaid): $2150
MVMCP: $210.88
Total: $2360

PP: $1,180.44

We haven't booked flights yet, but *hoping* we can get around $200 round trip. Currently flights are at $266. I have alerts going.

We also both plan on upgrading to APs, so I think that will be an additional $370pp + tax. I'm putting aside $500 for myself for food and souvenirs, but I won't be surprised it it goes a bit over that. So right now, it's looking QUITE pricey lol. OOPS.

I did get a $150 statement credit from my CC after booking the trip and $30 off from using discounted disney gift cards.

Coming down in March 2019 for my nephew who lives in Orlando's wedding. DS 22 and I who both like theme parks and Orlando will come down early -- can't resist to see all the family plus the weather in March is usually glorious (my favorite month in Florida for weather). DH that doesn't care for theme parks or Orlando will just come down for three nights for the family Almonte Springs day and the wedding/reception day. Keeping parks and dining out to a minimum, but still doing favorites and one bucket list tour. This is an extra trip outside of my normal vacation budget, so am stashing extra discretionary money to a fund for this as I don't want to take money away from other funds/savings goals. So far I just have $1400 out of the $3520 funded. Fortunately I don't have that tight a budget and should be able to squirrel away the rest easily enough // only got word of the wedding two months ago when my nephew called me.

My dad is going to cover the Windsor Hills six bedroom water view pool home -- $3300 for week -- It will be great for our extended family group. (12 of us staying here and we'll have a blast here). We're getting pool heat, etc. too as I think we are in for some great family pool and hot tub time.

-- Air for three of us -- budgeting $800 - have enough Southwest points for freebie flights for one of us. Should be less than the $800 for the other two, but won't lower budget till I book air fares. May have more freebie flights with credit card points by the time Southwest opens flights too, which would help.
-- Rental car -- $450 (usually prices go down and I will keep checking, but won't lower my budget till I have something less expensive booked)
SeaWorld tickets for me and DS -- $140 -- buying in advance is a slight discount.
Magic Kingdom tickets for me and DS -- $330 -- no discounts here -- It is value season, but still $115 a ticket on the Disney website. Will get in advance to book FP + 30 days in advance.
-- Keys to the Kingdom tour for me -- $100 (doing this with my mom, but she will pay her own way)
Kennel for dog -- $400
Wedding gift -- $500 check for nephew
-- Titanic attraction -- $100 (taking a few extra people / my son loves this)
-- Misc food and spending -- $800 -- lower than normal as no extravagant dining out, lots of eating in/grilling at the pool home, sandwiches or counter service in parks. My extended family are all great at economizing, but still having a great time in Orlando too. I can't tell you the number of times, we made 15 sandwiches for Disney, brought in juice, fruit, crackers, etc.

There will be lots of family hang out time, driving up to Tampa for visiting my cousin, etc. so not as many theme park admissions as normal either.

Budget I'll be funding for this is $3520 (I'm including everything -- kennel, wedding gift, you name it)

The home we are getting in Windsor Hills looks really lovely (love the setting with the lake/fountain view too) and is a pretty economical way to get something so nice for 12 people. And it will be really fun to be together. This trip is really more about family, but I am managing to throw two theme parks days in too.

Last edited:

We just went last week. 2 adults, 1 child, 1 baby

7 nights Coronado Springs, rental car, 4 airline tickets: approximately 300,000 British Airways avios (reward points), thanks Mom and Dad!
5 days of base tickets: approximately $1,200
food and small souveneirs: approximately $1100
airline bag fees: $150

cost to us: $2,450, which was still a lot for our budget. I'm so thankful my parents gave us their reward miles.

We just went last week. 2 adults, 1 child, 1 baby

7 nights Coronado Springs, rental car, 4 airline tickets: approximately 300,000 British Airways avios (reward points), thanks Mom and Dad!
5 days of base tickets: approximately $1,200
food and small souveneirs: approximately $1100
airline bag fees: $150

cost to us: $2,450, which was still a lot for our budget. I'm so thankful my parents gave us their reward miles.
Aren't parents great. And it's not just the freebies. Have a wonderful time.

Family of 6 (2 free)

5 days camping on property +
4 park days $1874.69
5 days off property $572.80
Halloween party $527.19
Christmas party $416.43
Universal Day $702.80
10 meals on property (breakfasts & quick service mainly) $1200
Driving 12 hours/Gas $300??
Parking- $70

$5,663 plus spending money, so $6000. To sleep in a tent. lol

Fort Wilderness is so awesome, though. Have a blast. As a kid we had a motorhome and have tons of great memories staying there.

EDITED - We were able to save even more!

Just Us Two! My fiance and I :)

Nov to Dec Timeframe!

11 nights @ Port Orleans French Quarter with 5 day tickets & 1 complimentary water park ticket - $2,691.83 (put down $2,300 in Disney gift cards thanks to Swagbucks, Dosh, and side jobs)
MVMCP - $210.88 (Free thanks to surveys!)
Fireworks Dessert Party (PG View) - $138 (Also free thanks to Swagbucks)
Airfare RT NJ to Orlando - $276 (Free as well thanks to Swagbucks)
Food - $1,000 (have quite a bit of reservations this trip! Foodie Family here!)

Total: $4,316.71

Last edited:
7/17 - 21, last min. trip that we were not planning on.

We used airline points for the flight, so just $48 in fees. We booked Pop at a discount and bought 3 day tix through UT for a for a family of four (2 adults + 12 and 9 YO). That is just under 2K (without food and some souvenirs to bring home).

We have booked Tusker House (our favorite character dining) and The Brown Derby for table service. Everything else will be QS, including our BOG reservations. We usually buy one snack in the park per day. We also ordered fruit and milk and a few other things from Garden Grocers ($60) I think our total will still be under $3K, as we won't spend a thousand on food in four days!

I had no plans to visit Disney this year (or do any other vacation, for that matter) because our daughter is getting married this summer. However, my brother had such a great time when our family stayed in a Grand Villa last fall that he booked two Treehouse Villas for F&W for this coming fall. So, we are going to Disney this year!

Airfare will be covered with RR points = $0 + 9/11 fee ($22.40 for 2 RT fares) and EBCKI ($60 for 2 RT fares) = ~$83
Ground Transportation to/from PHL = ~$200 w/tip
Ground Transportation at Disney = $0 (using DME and brother will be renting a car with points)
Tickets = $1191 (DVC Platinum Plus APs for myself and husband, already purchased using Disney GCs but not activated)
TiW card = $150 to be paid for with Disney GCs (brother used his on the previous trip, it's my turn to purchase one)
Food and Beverages = $1200 in Disney and other GCs + $50 cash for groceries and alcohol for the Treehouse

So the totals would be:
Cash = $350
Disney GCs = $2541
Total cost of trip = ~$2900 for two people for 6 nights, although this is deceiving since the APs will be used for 2 or more trips, as will the TiW card.

The RR miles are a carryover from when we were forced to convert our Diners Club points into awards a couple of years ago. The Disney GCs were earned through various rewards programs (mostly SB, Shopkick and Perk) and the cash will come from rewards programs that pay with PayPal (SB, iBotta and EarnHoney) and various CC cashback bonuses (AmEx and Discover IT card). Which means that my actual OOP cost is $0.
So, a few things have changed since the previous post.

Accommodations - My brother is still covering the points needed for the Treehouse Villas. $0 OOP
Airfare - Southwest's schedule was pretty lousy for our return date, so I booked us on American for the return trip. Unfortunately, that means money OOP to the tune of $171 per person once I paid the taxes, fees and premium seat selection. So $342 for the return trip while the trip down on Southwest will cost $42. Paid for with money received from renting my DVC points out. $384 OOP (cash)
Ground Transportation (PHL) - Looks like the shuttle will be $152 plus gratuity. Not paid yet. Will cover with points from Chase Sapphire credit card. $180 OOP (points)
Ground Transportation (MCO) - Using DME on arrival and will snag a ride back to MCO with brother on departure day. $0 OOP
Tickets - $1191 (DVC Plat. Plus for myself and husband, purchased but not activated, paid for with Disney GCs) $1191 w/GCs
TiW Card - brother beat me to it. He has a trip with his daughter planned for July. He's buying one when he gets there. $0 OOP
KTTK Tour - $89.62 per person after AP discount. Booked already and paid for with Disney GCs. $179.24 w/GCs
TOTWL Beverage Seminar - paid for by brother when he booked it $0 OOP
Italian Beer vs. Wine Event - was $88 per person last year, expecting it to be around $95 per person this year. Will pay with Disney GCs. $190 w/GCs
F&W Food + Beverage Pairing Seminar - Disneyfoodblog is reporting that this will be $25 per person. To be paid for with Disney GCs when booked. $50 w/GCs
Other Food and Beverages - still budgeting $1200 even though brother wants to be generous and cover everyone's tab. I plan to at least pay for his meal at Shula's. I figure on $200 cash and $1000 in Disney GCs.​
So overall:
Cash - $764 (let's just call it $800)
Disney GCs - $1611 (most of which are sunk costs because I've already paid for the majority of it)
Total Cost of Trip = under $2500 due to my brother's generosity

December 5-12- 2 adults, 2 kids

Old Key West studio- $1045 (renting DVC points from a friend, potentially switching to different DVC depending on availability at 7 months, so price might go up a few hundred) (already paid)
7 day park hoppers- $1850 (already paid)
QSDDP- ~$1050 (will have our friend add it to our reservation closer to our trip)
Airfare- hoping to get good flights with Southwest for about $1000-1200 total but won’t know until schedules are out

So, about $5000 for all the fixed costs. Doesn’t include miscellaneous pre-trip needs (health/beauty items, glow sticks, Disney bribes, etc.), airport parking/tolls (depending on which airport we fly out of), souvenirs, or 1 or 2 oop table service meals. We currently have $500 Disney dollars from our Chase card and will probably have close to $1000 by the time of the trip, which will be used for the table services and most souvenirs.

Booked our flights on Southwest last week for $1015 (non stop flights with early bird check in) and the price went down, so I got a $103 travel credit yesterday. So, about $900 for airfare! Quite happy with that!

June 17-20
2 Adults, 1 Disney Adult and 1 child, 9.
3 Nights at GF-$1100
4 AP's $3600 and TIW card $150
Food-$1000
Flights- (points)
Rental car-$61 plus $48 for Disney parking
uber to airport-$35

August 20-28
6 nights at Grand Floridian-$1800
Tickets-AP's
Food-$2,000
Rental car-$105
Flights $89 on SW, return on points
uber to airport-$35
MNSSHP-$325

November 5-10
4 nights at POFQ-$800
Tickets-AP's
Rental car -$15
Flights-points
Food-$1200
uber to airport $35

Around $11,000 for 3 trips staying deluxe for 2 and MANY restaurants including California Grill, Ohana', Narcoossee's, Le Cellier and Be our Guest.

Last edited:
8 nights at b resort

8 park hopper tickets

1 very merry christmas ticket

Round trip flight

2279 us dollars

May 2018
2 Adults - 3 Kids (16, 14 & 12)
Port Orleans Riverside - Garden View
14 Nights
10 days of park tickets (No hopper)
Total $ 5,670.11

Is that including food?

Didn't do the dining plan this year. This is our 7th trip and we've always done dining. Might end up regreting but we always end up with TONS of extra meals and snacks and scramble to use them. Gonna try to keep with with what we spend oop to see what it cost or saves us.

Dining would cost us:
$3,674.55 for Quick Service
$5,284.15 for Disney Dining

UPDATE:
Just got back and here's how NOT DOING the DDP for us this year worked out.

The DDP Quick Service plus paying for breakfast out of pocket would have cost us $4275. (14 nights / 5 adults)

We spent a TOTAL of $2729.50 on food.

This included buying 5 of the rapid fill mugs, still allowing everyone 2 snacks per day, and few table service meals.

We did share a few quick service meals. I didn't keep up with how many meals were shared, but not a huge amount. We didn't really share in effort to save the money, we shared more to avoid throwing so much food out. Still had too much food sometimes.

Did not buy any Alcohol.

The only thing we did go without that the DDP would have allowed for, was Cokes when we didn't have our mugs. We bought Cokes a few times, but mostly drank water when we didn't have our mugs.

We also had a lunch at Be Our Guest was refunded, so that would have been another $100 or so.

We also spent 2 days at Universal Studios and this total does NOT include what we spent outside of Disney.

According to the DVC Availability Tool (which is not an official Disney site and only updates twice a day but is all I have access to since I’m not a DVC owner), Saratoga Springs Resort (SSR) still shows full availability for one and two bedrooms the entire month of December. However, the one bedroom ranges between 22 and 36 points per night for the first few weeks of December, depending on what specific dates you’re looking at and if you want standard or preferred, and at about $17/point (the going rate on most rental sites), that adds up quickly. Obviously, you’d need to price out your exact dates and see if the price point would meet your budget. If you decide you do want to do SSR, you’d want to contact a rental site as soon as possible because availability can change quickly, especially for that time of year. The rental site would then need to match you up with an owner that has the amount of points you’d need to use. The good thing is that SSR is the biggest DVC resort and thus the last to book, so it often has availability much later than other DVC resorts and you’re in (or close to) the 7 month mark so any owner with available points could book for you, not just SSR owners.

DVC App at ******.com can be a useful tool to search for availability.

Basic Estimate for 5 people, 5 days (these are just rough estimates, based on previous trips):

Per Person, for the 5 day trip:
Park Entry - $400 (yes, we have annual passes to both Disneyland and Disneyworld, but it still works out pretty close to this)
Food for 5 days (including a sit down Disney restaurant about once a day) - $300
Plane Ticket (round trip) - $400
Incidentals while there $200
(there are probably other things I'm leaving off here)

Sub Total of $1300 per person, for 5 days = $6,500 for 5 days

PLUS Hotel Room, at least $250 to $300 per night (for 5 people) = $1250

Grand Total, $1250 for hotel plus $6500 for expenses for 5 people = $7775 (probably on the low end)

And that is a chunk of change if you do it every year. Typically we make 3 to 4 trips to Disneyland every year (airfare costs less, but other things are about the same) AND 2 to 3 trips to Disney World every year.

(This year we went to Disneyland in February, April, May and we are going again in July. We are going to Disney World next week, and then again in October. And I have cut back. I cancelled our reservation at the Grand Californian for August. Too many trips.)

DVC (and other timeshare I also own) helps with the room expenses, but I don't have nearly enough DVC to cover all of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!