How much is too much? 2 weeks, 6 resorts?

We just got back from 9 nights. Had a great time. However, all of us were tired and somewhat Disney'd out after day 7. I think it would have been better if we took a day or two to do non-Disney things then come back for the rest of the stay.

We just got back from 9 nights. Had a great time. However, all of us were tired and somewhat Disney'd out after day 7. I think it would have been better if we took a day or two to do non-Disney things then come back for the rest of the stay.

WHen we have a longer stay we do nto spend all our time in the parks, but use the time to swim or shop, or just relax. We used to plan non park days, but lately we just spend less time in any park and then head back to the resort for an afternoon at the pool, or something else. This trip we have a fishing trip planned. And maybe renting a pontoon boat. I do not think we could manage an entire trip in parks all day long.

I think on longer trips you need to plan breaks. Our trip we did not take complete days off from the parks, because we wanted the 10 days, but some of our days we only did a few hours in a park and the rest we just relaxed by the pool or in our room. OR we went to a water park, which imo after you get through the rope drop is completely relaxing.

Last edited:

So my dad has pretty serious cancer so I have been planning our next WDW that is a few years out to get my mind out of reality for a few minutes. Which probably sounds really odd to some people, some others probably totally get it lol Just know, I am not planning this for the next year, I have a year or two out before I even have the opportunity to do this...but I am dead serious about wanting to do some things.

So after sitting back and thinking about it, six is probably too ambitious. But I think three resorts might be my sweet spot. I think part of my problem is that I had such an amazing trip the last time at the Contemporary, I can not see us topping that. And I am worried that if I don't mix it up a little I might end up having buyers remorse after a few days if it is not as good as the Contemporary. Plus it gives me the opportunity to sample some of the resorts that other people really love that maybe I wouldn't choose for myself if I were staying for 10+ days.

My husband and I were chatting this morning about the 30 in 30 video that I saw this week. I know this was a big promotion and they probably didn't pay anything for any of those rooms, but it worked, because it got me thinking lol

I started thinking about all the resorts I would like to see and really, I would like to see them all. Obviously that would be hard to do, but we do both think it might be fun to stay at a big variety of resorts just to see how we like them. Now of course in our novice minds that sounds easy and fun. Is it really easy and fun in real life? Not sure.

Is 6 resorts in 2 weeks too much? We would have a rental car also (if that adds or takes away from your opinion) Any experience with split stays?

We've done 5 resorts for 6 nights (AKL, YC, PVR, CS & CBR) . It wasn't a problem because we did not do much Theme Parks. No unpacking.

Your rental car will help moving the suitcases for sure.

Is 6 resorts in 2 weeks too much? We would have a rental car also (if that adds or takes away from your opinion) Any experience with split stays?

We stayed 2 weeks once and it was way too long. Our optimal length of stay is 10 nights. Also, no way would it be relaxing to us to change to 6 resorts. In fact, would not enjoy any split stays. We like to relax in one place. But, we're all different------------

We have done 3 in two weeks and thought that was too much! Having to check in over and over again, then sitting around waiting for your room, six times, just seems a bit too much.

We have done 3 in two weeks and thought that was too much! Having to check in over and over again, then sitting around waiting for your room, six times, just seems a bit too much.

Not that different! We do not do split stays either. I cringe packing for one stay, never mind moving around!
We like 10 day stays as well. I have stayed 12, and loved it, however my DH woudl never manage that long. 8 nights and 9 days is his limit.

Not that different! We do not do split stays either. I cringe packing for one stay, never mind moving around!
We like 10 day stays as well. I have stayed 12, and loved it, however my DH woudl never manage that long. 8 nights and 9 days is his limit.

3 is definitely better than 6! You’re moving almost every other day with 6!
So I’ll tell you our tentative plans for summer... arrive 2 days earlier than check in (we drive and then stay off site a day or two since we typically want to arrive as early as we can. Then move to our first onsite hotel. There 8 nights. Then go to next hotel, 4 (possibly 5 nights). I will go stir crazy staying any longer in one place for that long. I think that’s reasonable. We can cut out the offsite hotel, but if we can extend our stay, why not?

3 is definitely better than 6! You’re moving almost every other day with 6!
So I’ll tell you our tentative plans for summer... arrive 2 days earlier than check in (we drive and then stay off site a day or two since we typically want to arrive as early as we can. Then move to our first onsite hotel. There 8 nights. Then go to next hotel, 4 (possibly 5 nights). I will go stir crazy staying any longer in one place for that long. I think that’s reasonable. We can cut out the offsite hotel, but if we can extend our stay, why not?

I could manage the stay before our arrival, but moving again would be hard for me. I agree that for some, it is a breeze, and is a good way to either extend the stay, or to enhance it, and there is not a darn thing wrong with that.

DH will be getting antsy after 5 or 6 days,no matter where we are. By the end of a week, he is ready to go home. I woudl stay up to 12 days, and love every minute! LOL!

I could manage the stay before our arrival, but moving again would be hard for me. I agree that for some, it is a breeze, and is a good way to either extend the stay, or to enhance it, and there is not a darn thing wrong with that.

DH will be getting antsy after 5 or 6 days,no matter where we are. By the end of a week, he is ready to go home. I woudl stay up to 12 days, and love every minute! LOL!

My DH hates moving too! Like I mentioned, I get antsy and like the change of atmosphere, otherwise he’d probably stay put the whole stay!!

We just did 4 resorts in one week. It was just DH and I so we were fine basically living out of the suitcases for the week. It is a great way to experience a bunch of different resorts and they have always been great with our luggage transfers. The only downfall is the few hours that you are roomless on switch days. If you guys spend all afternoon at the parks it wouldn't be a problem but we like our afternoon breaks and we found ourselves waiting around for that room ready text too often.

So after sitting back and thinking about it, six is probably too ambitious. But I think three resorts might be my sweet spot.
I am solidly in the minority, aren't I?

We love long stays (8 to 12 days) and new adventures. Even as a solo traveler. Your post inspired me. We're planning a September trip (last 10 days of our AP) and I think I'm gonna try six resorts!

I am solidly in the minority, aren't I?

We love long stays (8 to 12 days) and new adventures. Even as a solo traveler. Your post inspired me. We're planning a September trip (last 10 days of our AP) and I think I'm gonna try six resorts!
OMG!!! I think in September that would be extra awesome! Not too crazy in the parks so the bit of extra time moving really wouldn't be that bad. Do you know which ones you're thinking about ?

We just did 4 resorts in one week. It was just DH and I so we were fine basically living out of the suitcases for the week. It is a great way to experience a bunch of different resorts and they have always been great with our luggage transfers. The only downfall is the few hours that you are roomless on switch days. If you guys spend all afternoon at the parks it wouldn't be a problem but we like our afternoon breaks and we found ourselves waiting around for that room ready text too often.
We like afternoon breaks, so that would be a bit of a bummer. BUT we do live out of our suitcases. lol I am weird about not putting my stuff in strange drawers. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter