How much is too much? 2 weeks, 6 resorts?

We enjoy split stays. I think our most adventurous was 3 resorts over 9 days?

I think my opinion about whether 6 is too many would really depend on what resorts you’re considering and how your travel plans relate to your chosen resorts. Split stays are about so much more than enjoying different resorts to me. it’s also about having a shifting home base that maximizes how close you are to different parks, to me.

We did this on our trip 1.5 years ago. We had 15 days and ended up a 6 resorts. I love trying out the resorts and we stayed at Four new ones including the FW cabins, Art of Animation, Boarwalk villa and Old Key west. It was fun but it was probably one or two too many. I looked at it as a road trip, which we love, where we are at a new hotel, motel, lodge every couple of days. If you think you would like I say go for it.

We did 3 resorts over 7 nights and it didn’t bother us. But we learned 8 days at WDW was more than enough for us. Eventually you get sick of waiting in line for everything, and spending money every time you breathe. 5 nights max for us moving forward and while I do think 6 resorts is a logistical nightmare, doing some sort of spilt stay can be a lot of fun!

I would not enjoy that at all. I have young kids, don't like being without a room to retreat to, and like to unpack and settle into a room. The thought of packing and unpacking that many times and managing that many transitions makes me feel tired! If you don't spend any time in the day in your room and live out of the suitcase anyways, it might not be as bad, but I still think it sounds like it would be draining. It probably depends on your personality and outlook, though.

I would not enjoy that at all. I have young kids, don't like being without a room to retreat to, and like to unpack and settle into a room. The thought of packing and unpacking that many times and managing that many transitions makes me feel tired! If you don't spend any time in the day in your room and live out of the suitcase anyways, it might not be as bad, but I still think it sounds like it would be draining. It probably depends on your personality and outlook, though.

good points! we've almost always done split stays, but we aren't moving on our upcoming trip (first visit with an infant). No one messes with nap time, so split stays are out for us for the next little while!

2 weeks would be my maximum amount of time I’d like to spend there. I’d limit it to 2 DVC resorts so I could do laundry in the room.

It's a bit too much for my taste. I've done a split stay but only 2 resorts and it was 1 week, not 2. I did enjoy the two different "vacations" and Disney resorts are unique enough that it does feel like a unique experience at each resort. I've never done a 2 week trip but man I would love that. The longest I've ever stayed is 8 nights. The unpacking isn't a big deal to me - heck, it's vacation and all you wear is shorts, shirts, and a bathing suit if you swim at the resort. Just keep it in the suitcase. LOL

6 resorts in a two week period would be hard. We find we can do a new resort every 5 nights, so I would say 3 resorts in two weeks would be no problem. On the bright side you would have the excuse to do the next 3 resorts next year, maybe even have the excuse to get an annual pass!!!!.

My husband and I were chatting this morning about the 30 in 30 video that I saw this week. I know this was a big promotion and they probably didn't pay anything for any of those rooms, but it worked, because it got me thinking lol

I started thinking about all the resorts I would like to see and really, I would like to see them all. Obviously that would be hard to do, but we do both think it might be fun to stay at a big variety of resorts just to see how we like them. Now of course in our novice minds that sounds easy and fun. Is it really easy and fun in real life? Not sure.

Is 6 resorts in 2 weeks too much? We would have a rental car also (if that adds or takes away from your opinion) Any experience with split stays?
Our last visit we did 3 resorts in 8 nights. It was not planned, only 1 hop was and the 3 resorts was too much. We didn't feel like we really settled in and it was tiring and a bit of a waste of time moving things over and over. We will resort hop again but I wouldn't do more than 2 at a time.

We've never done split stays, might consider doing it once if we were staying two weeks. You can always visit the various resorts to browse around, have a meal, etc without spending several nights there. As wonderful as the WDW resorts are, I think the parks are still the best part of WDW.:earsboy:

The kids thing is a very big point. When we travel as a family, we don't do hotels...just need more space. We rent condos/townhouses. I know I wouldn't want to pack up and move to a new one every few days. If I were travelling alone, or with just DW, I'd still prefer a condo but I could see packing up every few days and trying something new. Might be fun.

As for 2 weeks at WDW, absolutely yes!!! Our summer trips are 17 days long and I wish they could be longer.

I can't imagine doing that much disruption in a two week period. We wanted to try out a few new resorts a couple years ago so we spent two nights at GFV, BLT, poly, and wilderness lodge. Would never never do it again. We hit a cold spell and we were freezing and had to spend a great deal of time homeless waiting for a room. I wanted to know if I should buy more points outside of the BWV points I own. I was so miserable that it affected by decision to not bother. I would do a split stay of more than 4 days if I was forced to do it but if I'm going to spend two weeks at Disney I prefer to unpack once and not be homeless till 6pm which happened to us during our split stay. I'm older and I need my down time to recharge.

Is 6 resorts in 2 weeks too much? We would have a rental car also (if that adds or takes away from your opinion) Any experience with split stays?
6 sounds like a lot for 2 weeks - maybe 4 -- you could start out and do 2 moderate and then 2 deluxe. Certainly work your way up so that you are not disappointed.

If your goal is to really check out the resorts and get a good feel of what you like then i would decrease it to 3. It takes a little time to get yourself acclimated to the resort to find out all the little things that makes that resort nice.

Having a car does help a little, but you will still be essentially homeless from 11am until 3pm -- that can certainly be eaten up by park time or disney springs. The only real hassle would be packing/unpacking. If it is adults only probably much easier than if you were traveling with children and having to deal with all their stuff too.

OP did say that they will have a rental car, so maybe they aren't spending 2 weeks straight at Disney every day. Maybe a Universal, SeaWorld, or beach visit, too?

6 resorts does seems a bit much, though. So much moving! I get bored easily, but I'd probably still cap it at 4. More likely 3.

To me I guess it would depend on what you're actually "getting" out of moving around. For example, if you stay at one Monorail resort, you can "experience" all of them; restaurants, decor, activities, sitting areas, etc., and still hop back to your room to unwind. You can even stay offsite and make resort dining reservations and explore them before or afterwards.

So what is it about a variety of resorts that you can't enjoy without actually moving to them. The pools? Proximity to different parks? Different room setups and views?

Especially with Skyliner coming on line next year, we'll be able to stay at any Epcot resort, or CBR, or Pop/AoA and easily "hop" to different resorts' dining and sights, with only really a desirable pool like BC/YC being off-limits if you don't stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter