How many years are you married? and how long did you date each other

We met in Aug of 1978, started dating in October 1978, engaged in Dec 1980 and married in July 1981. We just celebrated our 35th anniversary this past July. I was 18 and DH was 21 when we started dating and 21 and 24 when we got married. First and only marriage for both of us.

We have two boys. 30 yr old is married (he and his DW dated 18 months and were married at the 2 year point-they were both 26 when they got married). Oldest DS is 32 and single-hopefully he meets someone soon.

Been married 21.5 years. We met at work and got married about 22 months later. DH and I both agree we never really "dated". We were just best friends who decided one day we wanted to be together forever.

Dated my 1st husband 4 years. Unofficially we got engaged at 3 months...yea silly high school kids. Official engagement was at 3 years... married 3 years.

Dated my 2nd husband 1.5 years, we got engaged after about a year... was married 16.5 years.

Last edited:
We got engaged 2 weeks after meeting each other. We would have gotten married right then but we had to wait for my second divorce to be final - so we got married 3 months after we met. We met on the internet and I'm pretty sure most people didn't think we'd last.

We celebrate our 20th anniversary in May. Third time is definitely my charm.

We have been married for 44 years. We dated for 3 months.....
Marie and I have you and Lana by one year, Gary. 45 for back on Sept 11th. 1971 for us.

We both worked at the same company back in the 60's. I was smitten, she was not. We both lived at home with our folks and I called her, starting in January of '68, several times a week for 11 months, each call about 4 hours long. She really did not want to go out but did enjoy talking a lot, haha. By the time we had our first date, Thanksgiving mass in November of '68, we really knew each other inside and out, what makes us tick, what we liked, did not like, many of our most personal thoughts. Our second date was Christmas Eve. After that, we were 'steady' for two years, engaged about 15 months and now married for 45 years. It was tough getting that first date, but so worth it.

We met at church when we were twelve, he told me he was going to marry me about 1 month later. I told him no way...

I finally broke down and agreed to go on a date with him before he left for boot camp when we were nineteen. On that date I realized that I was in love with him after all, but I had no idea I would miss him so much while he was gone. When he walked off the airplane in his uniform, I finally let him catch me. We dated for about 2 years, married when we were 21 and have been married for almost 25 years. :lovestruc

Sounds similar to what DH did. Only I was in Kindergarten and he was in 1st grade. He saw me on the school bus, went home to his mom and told her that there was this cute little blonde hair girl on the bus and he was going to marry her someday. He asked me out when we were in high school and we have been together ever since. He knew even back then that we were made for each other.

I love this thread. :)

I dated my husband for 3 1/2 years exactly to the day from first date to wedding.
We met at 16 and 19. There really never was a question of it not being right. It just always was.
We are about to celebrate 19 years of marriage.
4 kiddos and lots of challenges and so much happiness. ❤️

Met in October 1997 (through personal ads in a local newspaper)
Moved in together in November 1997, yes just 6 weeks later...though my apartment lease didn't expire until January, but I never stayed there
Got engaged in July 1998
Got married in October 1999, exactly 2 years to the day of our first date

So we're now married 17+ years, together 19+ years and have 3 wonderful kids. We realized yesterday this will be our 20th Christmas together. Awesome!

Been together for 30 years - engaged for 16 of those years! Lived together for 26 years and been married for 15 years in January (Can't rush these things!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter