How Many Times Have You Been To Disney?

ilovedisneyparks

Earning My Ears
For me I'm not that lucky. I don't have a Disney family. Or a family who likes theme parks. I'm the only one in my family who likes Disney. I have NEVER EVER spent a whole week at Disney World. I dream of spending a week at Disney World almost every day. Here are the times I've been to Disney:
-Disney World Magic Kingdom 1 day November 1986
-Disneyland 1 day May 1987
-Disney World Magic Kingdom 1 day November 1988
-Epcot 1 day April 1993
-Disneyland 2 days Halloween weekend 1993
-Disney MGM Studios 1 day April 1997
-Disney MGM Studios 1 day April 2000
-Disneyland 1 day March 2001
-Disneyland 1 day June 2001
-Disney World Magic Kingdom 1/2 day Easter Sunday 2002
-Disneyland/California Adventure 2 days July 2006
-Disneyland/California Adventure 2 days July 2008
Kind of pathetic considering how huge a Disney Park fan I am. I wish I could go to Disney every year both California & Florida. Please post here your Disney park count!

See my signature line. 15 and counting. :thumbsup2 And DW has been there twice without me.

13 visits for me, and we can't get enough! I cannot imagine only visiting for one day...our favorite length is 10 days.

Over 20 times - man that's crazy fun! We're still under 10
We've gone 7 times in the last 8 years (off site all the time)
5 trips to WDW
and 2 to DL when we lived in CA for 9 months

Tomorrow we leave for #8 - our first time on property and my DD#3 first trip.

We're uber excited.:banana:

:welcome: to the DIS.

I am moving this to the Theme Parks Community Board.

I have to say I was lucky enough to go for the day with my dad about 11 days after it opened; it hadn't even been dedicated yet.

I went a second time along with a BF and his DD, since he needed someone to help take care of her; take her into restrooms, etc.

It was not until this decade that I became a Disney "repeat-offender." In 1999, shortly before the end of the year, I had a chat with my boss about beginning to do some traveling. I was going to turn 40 in 2000, not married, no kids, etc. He had just gotten back from the World the week after Thanksgiving and had heard they also had some kind of land/sea package.

I did the 4 days in the park and 3 days on the cruise in 2000; and now I am not only hooked on the Mouse, I am also hooked on cruising - and have gotten both my mom and my best friend hooked on cruising as well. I am going to do one more year of going to the World for the whole week next year, in order to take a few more friends - and then I am going to go back to the cruising part. It is just so much fun between Christmas and New Year's.

For me I'm not that lucky. I don't have a Disney family. Or a family who likes theme parks. I'm the only one in my family who likes Disney. I have NEVER EVER spent a whole week at Disney World. I dream of spending a week at Disney World almost every day.

I hear ya... I'm the only Disney lover among friends & family, too.

However, I've been to Disneyland Paris two or three times as a little boy (don't remember anymore when exactly), been to DLR twice (1 day in November 2006 & 2 days in November 2008), plus I visited the AK & Downtown Disney for an afternoon in Nov. 2007. It took a while for me to turn into a huge Disney parks lover - that didn't happen until early 2008 - so I consider the 11/2008 2-day visit to DL & DCA as my first "real" Disney trip.

If everything goes well, my first trip to WDW will take place from 11/7 thru 11/14/2009. Can't wait to see that castle for the first time:)

I was one of the lucky ones because my parents took me to Disney the first time when I was 9 yrs old in 1983. Then a few years later they decided to buy into a Time Share Condo right outside of the Disney entrance so we started going every other year up until I got married in 1999. Then before we had kids, my DH and I went once in 2000. Then we took our 2 DDs, who were 4 and 2 at the time, in 2005 and now our upcoming December trip will be their fourth time going, and we plan to go back next Sept. as well. Sorry, I really can't count how many times I have gone but I know it has to be at least 15 times and counting.

I'm at 4 completed trips, 1 upcoming trip, 1 possible trip and 1 vaguely maybe trip. Dates and hotels are listed below but each was a different experience:

The first was a suprise trip... was told about it the night before we left and celebrated my 6th birthday there. The two lines that became infamous that trip were-

"Who's going to tell my teacher?" (I was 5 and just started Kindergarten less than 2 months before)
"This is not fair to me!" (I was forced to take a nap on my birthday :eek:)

Also that started the "I can't go to DWD without staying in a deluxe resort mentality"...while I know I *CAN* I just always seem to stay at deluxe resorts ;)

The second was 4 years later... and we took a big vacation every four years. My mom celebrated her birthday that year. Disney Hollywood Studios had just opened that trip

Then I didn't go back for another 11 years, but did so with a friend's family Spring Break of my Senior year in College. First time ever driving down and from NJ it wasn't too bad. Really learned to enjoy Epcot that year!

Last time I was there was May 2008 over Mother's Day weekend. It was a mother/daughter trip to finally relax after my father's death (it's a family tradition to do a vacation after a death). Was perhaps my FAVORITE trip down there and I have so many great memories (unfortunately my mother passed away less than a year later).

Upcoming in Feb 2010 is again a trip where I join a friend's family :) Excited because of the family tradition mentioned above and because I've never been to the BWV before.

I'm working on a trip next Nov for my birthday, a roommates birthday and introducing another roommate to WDW for the first time. Not much is set about that expect maybe the dates.

And finally there was about a 10 minute talk about going down with my sisters, niece and aunt in Feb 2011 but not much came from that... yet!

So that's my current count

I've been very blessed...

Once a year, sometimes twice....EVERY YEAR with a minimum of 10 day stays....since its opening in 1971 :cloud9:

Yea..guess Im getting old...but a child still lives inside. My DVC will expire when I'm 97 and Im wondering what to do then!! :goodvibes

Well ....... we are a family that 'Loves' Disney and we have been going to WDW once or twice a year every year since 1973. This year we visited in January, May, June and we have reservations for a trip in December. We have vacationed at WDW for the last 36 years and I am really not sure of the total number of times that we have been but I think it is around 65 to 70 times. We always get excited and look forward to our next trip!

Doug / datgrt@fw

In one year I went 204 times, day trips. That is when I was REALLY into going to the parks; MK mostly. I live close by and had an AP at the time. Average is twice a month . . . . . .
Actual trips before moving here 18 at an 11 night average. Now 3-4 weekend trips per year.

I'm way behind, lol. I've only been 2 times, and that was in high school. Once with the band and once with the cheerleaders. Looks live I've got some major catching up to do!!!

I guess everybody goes to Disney World! Since I live in Northern California I go to Disneyland if I'm lucky once a year for 2 days. I have been w/out a job for a little more than a year now. I couldn't go this summer due to no job. That's not fair. I hate living w/my parents. But oh yeah last year I got to go to Disneyland for 2 days in January & 2 in July & that was not enough!. Boy when I went during Disneyland's 50th in 2006 that sure sparked the magic! & made me decide that I have to go every year! What do I do? I didn't get to go this year & next year dosn't look hopeful at all. Can't go unless I get a job which is hard to do especially when your living in California & still living w/your parents! When I do get to go they drop me off so I'm at the parks by myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter