How many times during your working career did you think about slapping a co-worker across the face?

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
This is a spin off from the working thread that talks about quitting. Now, how many of you have worked with someone that you would have LOVED to slap across the face? I worked in the funeral industry many years ago. I had this awful manager who disliked me. She was always picking on me and would write me up for things I never did. There was a time I was gone for two days and left some paperwork on her table that had to be faxed to a family from out of state. It would have taken her two minutes. I come back only to find out she never sent it. She said she was too busy. Oh, I would have loved to slap her. Of course I didn't, never would. I wouldn't want to get arrested. I complained to upper management about her. Eventually I was put under a different manager so they could see what the problem was with me. A week later the general manager asked my new manager how things were going with me. She said I was a dynamite employee with a very positive attitude. A few months later my old manager got fired for embezzling money. I suspected she was and sent a paper trail to upper management. Haha!!!

This topic makes me chuckle.
I currently work with just my boss and him and I have become great friends. When he starts to annoy me I tell him to walk away before I punch him in the throat. He then tells me I’m a bully and walks away :lmao:. Yesterday he said him and my DH were going to go out for a beer and discuss my bulliness (is that even a word) :rotfl:It’s all in good fun.

In all seriousness…..no, I’ve never felt that way. Up until my current job I mostly managed teenagers and very young adults and I enjoyed teaching them a good work ethic. They were challenging at times, which just made me want to mentor them more. Years later, I still have contact with many of them on social media.

I've worked in a number of miserable retail and food service jobs where I did have a manager or coworker I absolutely would have wanted to smack.

Now, on the other side of that, I worked with a guy who charged my desk and went to punch me in the face when I explained that we couldn't give out employees personal cell phone numbers. It took a year for him to be fired for that.

Where I am now, pretty much daily. Not that I actually think about slapping them across the face... more like I want to roll up a newspaper and hit them on the nose.

I also wish I could have a spray bottle and just spray this one girl every time she starts talking.
The spray bottle is more fun with a longer reach and I have often wanted to use this method on people …

The spray bottle is more fun with a longer reach and I have often wanted to use this method on people …
And you can adjust the nozzle lol. It’s been a long day and for whatever reason they want to call a meeting and there is a couple of people who want to ask questions and they are sitting next to each other , you can get them with the wide adjustment. Lol

Slap across the face? No, I’ve never been tempted to that. :scratchin But I manage a staff if 12. I imagine myself armed with the inside tube of a roll of wrapping paper, bonking each of them on the head quite regularly. Sometimes just thinking about the satisfying “thunk” sound is enough to get me through the moment.:laughing:

I've had a wide range of jobs, but cant say there was ever a time I wanted to actually hit anyone.

I've had lots of shouting matches and arguments with bosses no doubt.

I even had a project manager that said he wanted to hit me and walked out of the room and left in the middle of a meeting. I just laughed and continued the meeting and we made decisions without him.

Long ago I worked at one family run business where at least once a month I had a shouting match with one of the family members (one of them - it was always the same guy) and I would get fired and then re-hired the next day by the store manager. I never wanted to hit him though.
After a few years like that - not much bothers me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter