How many funerals have you been to in your life?

Over my life I have no idea, but between Sept 2010 and June 2011 I was a pallbearer in 4 funerals and I attended 8 in that same time period, it was a bad time for my friends and family.

No idea, but a lot. My parents didn’t shy away from real life with us kids, so we started going to funerals at a fairly young age

Maybe 20-30? Starting in my early teens? The funerals for older relatives or neighbors and friends are not so bad, but children's funerals are brutal. I've been to three and hope to never have to go to another.

I don't know...lots. I think I've posted on here before about my Grandparents favorite hobby. They loved funerals. Almost every Sunday afternoon after church they'd hit the funeral home to see who was there and since I went to church with them I got drug along.

No idea, but a lot. My parents didn’t shy away from real life with us kids, so we started going to funerals at a fairly young age
I can’t remember a time I didn’t go to wakes and funerals, my kids went as babies and toddlers. It just...is. No one is getting out of this alive. I’m Irish, wakes and funerals are family reunions, you go for the living.

I can’t remember a time I didn’t go to wakes and funerals, my kids went as babies and toddlers. It just...is. No one is getting out of this alive. I’m Irish, wakes and funerals are family reunions, you go for the living.

exactly- my daughter was at her first one at 18 months and has been to numerous ones over her 18 years. I don't see any reason to no expose them to life and death, this way they don't become an adult that can't handle doing adult things like going to a wake or funeral.

three all organised by me. My father's my mother's and my aunt. Being as my sister lives up north it made it more practical for me to sort their funerals and the same with my aunt my cousins live at a distance so it made sense for me to sort the funeral.

:ssst: Shhhh, don't fly your freak flag so high. I'm no death fan but I have always been fascinated by funerary rites and rituals - so much so that I spent time in the industry. It's not a field for everyone but I found many parts of it very satisfying.

No need for me to keep quiet about liking funerals. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed and don't think it's freaky. Funerals are a part of life.

I'm not interested in working in the industry, but I also find them fascinating, satisfying, and soothing.

I ... have no idea. We went to lots as kids, between family & friends of the family. Even more if you count going to the funeral home for visitation. Then even more as an adult.

No idea. Too many.

3 cousins
2 aunts and uncles
3 grandparents
5 various co-workers
2 good friends
Father in law

That is all I can think of off-hand, but I know there are others

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter