How Many From Michigan??

DianeV said:
STACY - are you near that building explosion in Romulus? You must be close or definitely able to see or smell it! just saw it on breaking news

We are in Redford and we are going next Oct 23-26 for a short trip to the Food and Wine Fest with 2 daughters. Rented points at BWV Boardwalk view!

Sorry, I was away from the board for a few days but yes I am only about 3 miles from the explosion site. Luckily we were not in the evacuation area (my mom was though) ~ but I was up all that night watching the TV coverage to be sure we didn't have to get out in a hurry! Pretty scary!!

I can't believe how many Michiganders are here ~ that's so cool!

:wave2: We're south of K-zoo. We leave 8/20 for our second family WDW vacation. DH and I went in '91 for our honeymoon. We are driving our 6 kids down, so pray for us! LOL (Even with a 15 passenger van it is still cheaper to drive than to fly 6 kids!) We will stop in Chattanooga on the way down.
We homeschool, but my dh is a late in life student at WMU, so we have to fit the trip in between classes. Nice to meet you all!
:cool1:

Our next trip to WDW 33 days. September 16-25. We are all counting down the days and trying to hurry them along a little faster!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Count me in! We live in St. Clair Shores, MI although DH and I are both from N. Michigan. I am from the littlest town ever 100 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge. DH is from a little town near Mt. Pleasant. We are heading down on 2/11/2006.

Oops! Well, not exactly right now they're not, but anyway... That's our claim to fame. (That's a line from a song, btw, in case you haven't heard it before.)

I'm from Holland (western Michigan on the lakeshore -- NW of K-zoo, South of Muskegon, SW of Grand Rapids). We (my DH, DS - 5 1/2, DD - 2, and me) are going to WDW and taking a cruise after to celebrate DD's 3rd b-day next year. We'll be going in May, but her birthday isn't until July -- I just can't bear the thought of Florida in July. This summer in Holland has been hot enough!!! Several family members will be meeting us down there for one or both legs of our trip: my mom and dad, my sister and her seven-month old son (at that time), my husband's mom and dad, and my husband's sister.

Any other Hollanders out there?

Hunnybee said:

I have some friends that went to Hope college! Sorry that is as close as I can get. :teeth:

BTW I think May is a great time to visit WDW. Have a great trip.

Livonia, MI checking in here! My next trip is in 48 hours! We leave on Wed for 4 nights at Saratoga Springs!!!! We just flew in last night from Providence and the DCI finals, so I am washing clothes and repacking!

My second home is the Beach Club Villas!

We need to plan a DISmeet again soon! IT's been awhile since the MI DIS'ers have had one!

pinnie

We live on Lower Straits Lake in Commerce Township.
Dh and I are taking dd,dsil,and dear grandson(Alex) age 3 Oct.3-11.
It will be dsil and Alex's first trip to WDW. We are going to MNSSHP on Oct.7
Linda ::MinnieMo

jodifla said:
We just relocated from South Florida to Sylvan Lake, Michigan. But before you tell me I'm nuts, I must point out we still have a South Florida place, too.....

Our tentative next trip is May 2006. We'll see if we last that long!
I grew up in Sylvan Lake. I loved it there.
We lived on the lagoon and in the summer I would walk or my ride bike to one of the beaches.
Does the Red Cross still give swimming lessons at the beach?
Linda ::MinnieMo

Grand Ledge, just outside of Lansing-checking in here! Not too many other mid-Michigan folks have reported in yet!

Next trip October 4-11 (way to go free dining!!)

Disney PhD, having friends that went to Hope is pretty close! :) Although, I have more connections with their rival, Calvin College.

I personally went to school out in Chicago (Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights) where I met my Chicago-born husband (I was born and raised in Holland, MI) who swore he was NEVER going to move to Michigan. (What is there to do in Michigan, he'd say. Surely not as much as Chicago!) 2 years after we were married, we moved to Michigan! Now when we go back to visit Chicago he wonders how he ever put up with the hustle and bustle. (Isn't it nice to come home to Michigan, he'll say.) If only they would listen to us in the first place!!! :goodvibes

buzzandwoodysmom07 said:
Antmaril, I live in Sterling Heights too! I am right behind the police station across the street from Dodge Park - the Sterling Fest was a blast!

We stayed at All Star Movies this past June (Happy Father's Day!) and we'll be staying off property this Christmas.

My boys can't wait to go back! All three of them - DH, pirate: DS5, pirate: DS3

We're at 14 and Ryan! Didn't get a chance to go to Sterling Fest, but it sounded fun. We are getting ready to take our only son to college on Sunday! Planning a trip for the three of us to WDW in January while he's home on Christmas break!

turnlisa said:
We live in St. Clair Shores, MI

I grew up in St. Clair Shores. I still own the home I grew up in. My parents are deceased and my sister and I own the home. 12 and Harper area.

Hunnybee said:
I'm misplaced!!!!! I grew up in Holland and still hold klompen dancing close to me. I can't go home during tulip time or I'll cry.

Hello from Northeast lower Michigan. Love it here in Alpena and love living on the water. Originally from Lansing and love not being in a large city. Looking at going March 2006.

Another Michigander here! I live in Riverview ("Downriver")

My next trip to WDW isn't for a while. Just started planning for September/October 2006!

We live in Grand Ledge which is near Lansing. My family-5 of us are going to Disney Dec. 3-9. My sister-in-law who is in the Air Force is joining us also from Wahington DC. We are going to stay at SOG. :cool1:

Hunnybee said:
Disney PhD, having friends that went to Hope is pretty close! :) Although, I have more connections with their rival, Calvin College.

I personally went to school out in Chicago (Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights) where I met my Chicago-born husband (I was born and raised in Holland, MI) who swore he was NEVER going to move to Michigan. (What is there to do in Michigan, he'd say. Surely not as much as Chicago!) 2 years after we were married, we moved to Michigan! Now when we go back to visit Chicago he wonders how he ever put up with the hustle and bustle. (Isn't it nice to come home to Michigan, he'll say.) If only they would listen to us in the first place!!! :goodvibes

I had a good friend to went to Weaten. That was a cool school too. Both Michigan and Ill has the same weather so it is all the same to me. :rolleyes:

We are from Holland, MI. My husband grew up here and is very Dutch. I am originally from Iowa. We live near the lake and can hear the foghorn of Big Red the lighthouse at Holland State Park. We are going to Disney Oct.14-22. We are staying at OKW and then two nights at Vero Beach. We have been park of the DVC for 3 years now and love taking a trip each year with our boys now 8 and 2. Sometimes we get a bonus trip in January if my husband attends Lotusphere held at Disney for Computer Geeks of the world. He is a computer programer for Herman Miller, Inc. If you are familiar with their office furniture you will see HM chairs in several locations of Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter