How many days for both parks?

Honestly I was being conservative with 4. I agree with you on 5. I am of the opinion that you cannot ever spend too much time at Disneyland.

On our 5 day trip, we still left feeling rushed. We did better the next year with APs and a few more days. But alas, my daughter is in high school now so can't miss as much school. So we're shrinking our days down again. This year down to 4 days. Next year probably just a long weekend. I know we'll be rushed but it's better than nothing.

a 3 day park hopper is a good plan. 1 day at DL 1 day at DCA and day 3 to park hop and do things you missed or things you want to do again.

Silly question but doesn't a 3 day park hopper mean that you can go between the parks on all 3 of the days?

Depends if you want to do everything, how many shows, etc. Last time we went was during the start of the 60th anniversary. We had 5 day park hoppers and the place was packed. We were shut out of the park on one day and 4 days wasn't enough. But that was with long lines and hoards of people. When we go in December we will be staying a week but have other things planned in the area. So originally planned on 3 day park hoppers but changed to 5 to give us flexibility. Since they will be open until midnight while we're there, we can go for a few hours at the end of the day after doing other things. Price difference isn't that much and worth it knowing we can go for 2 more days.

Silly question but doesn't a 3 day park hopper mean that you can go between the parks on all 3 of the days?

For many, they pick this for easy of planning and cutting down the walking. Yes, you can ParkHop on any day, but sometimes people prefer to spend the full day at one park on a specific day.

Last edited:
I would do 3 days--4 days max (because of the hot weather). We had a 5 day Park Hopper last week and, honestly, it was too much. I can't believe I'm saying that, but it was. We did 20,000+ steps each day and were go-go-go and I really think that the last day we were running out of things to do. (Active things to do, that is...I wouldn't have minded people watching--but that isn't what my 10 and 12 year olds had in mind!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter