How many courses do you order at dinner?

Typically an appetizer, soup/salad, and a main. If I do not care for a main dish that night, I'll order an appetizer, soup and salad.

2 - 4 depending on the menu. Composition varies widely from 2 apps, an entree, and a dessert to 2 entrees and nothing else. I rarely get soup or salad.

As a previous poster mentioned, servers can get nervous if you don't order a lot, probably worried that you'll give dining a bad review. What they don't know is that I may have eaten half a pizza 2 hours previous. LOL One server was so concerned that he started bringing extra courses, even after I told him that I didn't want them, and even after I left them on the table untouched.

it depends what's on the menu....i'm a vegetarian who can't eat gluten, so i'm somewhat limited...
sometimes i order several appetizers as that's the only thing i can eat that's both veggie and gluten free..

on the other hand, my husband often has soup, a salad and 2 or 3 main courses....and dessert....

As a previous poster mentioned, servers can get nervous if you don't order a lot, probably worried that you'll give dining a bad review. What they don't know is that I may have eaten half a pizza 2 hours previous. LOL One server was so concerned that he started bringing extra courses, even after I told him that I didn't want them, and even after I left them on the table untouched.

We have late dining so we usually end up snacking on pizza and then only order 3 courses.

I ate wayyyy to much on my last cruise. I would order anything that appealed to me, so if I liked all three appetizers I got all three, and I'd get a soup. I really don't like the main courses so usually got only one of those. Dessert I never really wanted anything, but was pressured into stuff by our wait staff. I swear they were trying to fatten us up, if we ordered only one thing they'd bring extras just in case. I was scared to order something and have two show up it.

I normally order the typical 4 but I get two desserts. I can't help my sweet tooth when I'm on a cruise

If on a 7 night cruise, by night 3 or 4 i'm trying to cut back. however, on a shorter cruise, normally stick to the 4 course service. Also watch the "bread course" :)

Typically app, main, dessert unless a soup or salad jumped out at me. So probably averaged 3.5 over my Alaska cruise this summer.

One night I looked at the waiter and said "I can't decide between these 2 entrees" and he immediately said "I'll bring both". May have been Alaskan crab legs night, or it may have been lobster night as mentioned above.

I'm surprised at the comment earlier about the beignets. We were planning to ask for an order for DD7 in lieu of a kids dessert at Tiana's because she loves beignets. When they came to take the order, the waiter told us "if you are OK, we will bring beignets for your daughter as well as the kid's dessert" before we had a chance to ask. So they certainly make enough for everyone, kid or otherwise.

At the start of the cruise, I order four courses (with multiple desserts). By the end of the cruise, as little as two courses (but, still with multiple desserts)!

I don't always order within the designated course categories though (e.g. I may order two appetisers instead of a salad / soup or I'll ask for a smaller sized main as the appetiser, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter