How many courses do you order at dinner?

Usually 3: appetizer, entree, and dessert. I rarely finish the dessert. The French restaurant I often order 4 courses because I like options in all 4, but if I'm not very hungry, I'll skip the appetizer.

I guess my "normal" is eating 2.5 courses. On one cruise I ate 4 courses at multiple meals and I could really feel it. I won't do that again.

Like the PPs, depends on the menu. Usually 3 course combo: appetizer, soup or salad, entree. Rarely have dessert unless it is new to the menu. Oh the beignets at Tiana's are the best!

I usually ordered appetizer, entree and dessert. DH would get that plus soup or salad. We felt kind of scandalous ordering 3 orders of beignets from Tiana’s - one each for DH and I, and one to go for him. Our waiter wasn’t exactly encouraging of that practice.

I usually order three: one appetizer, salad, or soup / one entree / one dessert... but there are plenty of people who order more.

I usually have 4 courses. When they have the soups that I really like I get two of them since they are small. No food goes to waste

I had no idea you could order caesar salads!

You can always order it regardless of whether it's on the menu or not. One of our friends ordered it every night. There is chicken (mickey head) noodle soup available from the children's menu every night (no idea if it's actually on the menu or not as we don't have kids but my server suggested it on the AP show night when the appetizer is no-choice and has seafood which I can't have). At least I now know that in the worst case I can have Caesar salad and chicken noodle soup for dinner :)

For my husband and I, if we sometimes didn't like a soup or something we'd sub it out for a different appetizer. We usually would partake in the full amount of courses.

Generally 4, but on lobster night if you don't order the lobster and they find out you like it, you end up with it as well. They have never really been pushy with us either way. The only thing I have noticed with my wife and daughter who aren't adventurous eaters, is that they seem concerned when they have a hard time finding something on the menu they like. Maybe they are concerned this will show up on the comment card at the end, not sure?

I think it’s the RCCL menus that bunch appetizers, soups, salads together. However, on our RCCL cruise in September, we had four friends at our table who LOVED their escargot. Even when they were not on the menu, our friends got two a piece, and our waitstaff outdid themselves and brought each friend three on our last night together!

I usually get salad and soup and entree. At least once a cruise on DCL, I get a Mickey Bar.

There is rarely a gluten free appetizer that appeals to me (I don't eat seafood) and I often cannot eat the soup, so my DCL dinners are typically salad and entree. If they can make a gluten free dessert that I want that isn't plain vanilla ice cream, I will also order that. (I don't like fruit, and many Disney gluten free desserts are just, "Here is a stack of fruit and maybe some kind of sorbet.") Food allergies + pickiness = limited options.

I often skip soup/salad in favour of an extra appetizer or dessert. DH is prone to ordering (or being brought) 2 entrees and skipping dessert.

We felt kind of scandalous ordering 3 orders of beignets from Tiana’s - one each for DH and I, and one to go for him. Our waiter wasn’t exactly encouraging of that practice.

Last time I ordered 2 orders of beignets just for myself because they are ridiculously delicious. And they only give you 2 beignets in each order. I might not need 2 orders, but I definitely need 1 and a half!!!

It really depends. Some times it's just one of each course, sometimes if I was really curious about a main I'd order two mains and split one of the two with my wife. You can order as much or as little as you want so I'd order whatever you want/ sounds good as long as you have the stomach for all the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!