• 12-15 months

• 15-18 months

• 18 months-2 years

• More than two years

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sydnie

Mouseketeer
After having an interesting discussion with a friend I thought I'd so a poll here and get an idea of how it breaks down across the country or even world :) You can vote more than once for if you have more than one child. Oh and feel free to vote "other" if none of these apply to you.

DS was 7 months. He had teeth at 4 months. He didn't bite for those 3 months, but WOW when he finally did. Ouch...

With my daughter, I went 9 months, and it was a struggle to go that long because she kept trying to lift up my shirt to look around while she nursed :lmao:

With my son, I went 10 months, and would have gone longer because we both enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I had to take some medication that required me to stop temporarily and when I tried to pump/start up again, I was pretty much drained by then.

Definitely an enjoyable experience with both of them though! I tried to go the full year, and just couldn't get to it. Maybe if we have another...

With both of my kids. They weaned themselves off pretty easily right around the one year mark.

Exclusively was only 6 months. My husband was bounds and determined to feed my child from about 3 months. I'm sure behind my back he did it.
Toward the end it was just for sleeping purposes.

At 6 months with both kids. Just couldn't produce enough milk, had to supplement with formula.

I voted "other." Mom of a preemie and between all the drugs, a birth by c-section nearly 11 weeks early, inability to begin pumping for nearly 18 hours, and a baby who couldn't attempt to nurse for several weeks... I had major issues.

That said, I pumped for a bit more than 10 months and nursed and supplemented with bottles (both of formula and breast milk). He refused to nurse at 10 months which caused my meager supply to nosedive. However, I still managed to get him 1 bottle of breast milk every day from then on with the final one on his 1st birthday.

(Yes, I was crazy, but given how horribly the start went, SOMETHING needed to go "right")

My first I weaned at 10 months b/c I was pg with my second and my body could not handle the calories needed to do both. (I ended up losing about 20 lbs - which isn't a lot normally but when your young and only about 105, it is, if only I still had that problem lol we were really scared at first not knowing why I was losing so much until we figured out I was pg). My 2nd & 3rd weaned at about 13 months. 4th and 5th around 15 months.

Another preemie mom here! My DD was also 11 weeks early, emergency c-section. I was fortunate to have nurses in the hospital who were able to help me start pumping immediately. Pumped exclusively until DD was about 6 weeks old; she was fed the pumped milk through a tube. Began regular nursing as soon as she was able to suck, and BFd until she was 14 months.

My oldest only breastfed for 2ish months. I was young and didn't have much support and just gave up.

My middle daughter breastfed till she was 3.

My youngest is almost 13 months and will likely be breastfed as long as his sister unless he self weans earlier than that.

I never had any desire to try it at all. I found the whole idea to be pretty gross. My 7 year old son now knows what it is and asked me in horror one day if I had done it. I told him no, that I fed him a bottle, he was so relieved :rotfl:

I never had any desire to try it at all. I found the whole idea to be pretty gross. My 7 year old son now knows what it is and asked me in horror one day if I had done it. I told him no, that I fed him a bottle, he was so relieved :rotfl:

Really? My 9 year old son asked me once (when he was 6), if I breastfed him like I breastfed my daughter (then 2). When I told him that I'd only breastfed him for a couple of months, he was disappointed and asked why I quit. Not that he cared so much about the method of feeding, but I guess because he'd seen how hard I worked to be able to breastfeed my daughter, he assumed that I had worked that hard to feed him as well. Talk about mommy guilt!

My oldest I BF until a little past 6 months, and my 2nd I got to 9 months. C-sections with both and I did not produce enough breastmilk to nurse exclusively (no matter what I tried eating and how much water I drank). Both were supplemented with formula.

Me too. No desire . Never even tried. I was an OB nurse for years and may be thats what turned me off , who knows? :confused3

No big deal. No mommy guilt here. :sad2:

For my first, i weaned her off just before her first birthday.
For my second, I was only able to for 6 months. I always have regretted it, but I just really couldn't do it and take care of 2 babies. My oldest was only 18 months when my second was born. I wanted to breastfeed for as long as possible with my second, but it became too much.

It wasn't a bonding reason that I chose to breastfed because I think that bottle fed and breastfed babies can bond just the same. I wanted to do it for the health reasons and with my first, it was so convenient. With my second, it was not so convenient.

I nursed my ds10 for a little over 6 months. When I went back to work my milk gradually decreased and I wasn't able to pump much for him through the day so he was supplemented with formula - he liked it better and just cold-turkey quit on me. I tried to nurse my dd7 but she had serious tummy issues and screamed for the first 4 months of her life. Once she went to soy formula she became a happy litte baby. I didn't try with dd27 - at 18 I did't even consider it.

I nursed DD1 until 22mos. The last 6-8 it was only just before bed and in the middle of the night. DD2 nursed until 18 mos.

Ds#1 - 6 months
ds#2 - 1 week :( had to quit for medical reasons
Dd - she self weaned at around 10 months old.

I honestly miss it so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter