How is the DAS working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are folks with autism that fixate on specific rides and will only ride that one ride. They can't help it it's just the way they are wired.

umm NORMAL 3 year olds are like this. hell normal 8 year olds are like this. being antsy and fidgety and generally whirling dervish-y is not a behavior limited Spectrum individuals.

Exactly. I have to admit, I'm somewhat confused by people that want accommodations, but don't want to explain why they need them.
The differences are, with many of these children that have issues where they will flap, hit, take off their shoes and bite them (or bite others) or throw them at people, etc.. they aren't often able to be prevented by usual discipline and reasoning because they often don't understand what is wrong and why. They just do it. So you're constantly on the offensive and it's utterly exhausting because all "behaviors" are new at some point and they love to happen at the most inopportune times. Other than our autistic son's extremely low muscle-tone and endurance, we keep him in a wheelchair for a few more reasons, he's safe in his mind when he's in it and we are protecting other guests FROM him. I can' tell you how often iv'e had to apologize for something he's done very inappropriately to someone else. Even in a stroller or cart while shopping. I do my best to catch him, but they can be fast. Also, some things you simply don't have to tell you 6 years old. Like, don't lick the bottom of your shoe or don't scratch that little baby's face or smell that little girl's hair. Not the case for some of these kiddos. So many of us have become very adept in offensive defense if you will.

So rather than trying to diagnose someone by what you can see, and what your personal experiences w/ a certain disability are, how about some compassion and respect for that family knowing what works and doesn't work for their child?

Disney isn't "required" to do half of the things they do. But "compassion" has been a hallmark of their in the past and it's not unreasonable to be upset that that compassion is being almost entirely taken away. I can't speak for everyone of course, but in our experiences, even w/ the GAC, we were able to accomplish only half of what a "normal" mobile family can and that made us super happy because prior to that, we'd been able to do all of 2 rides in 3 hours (we were there at opening and it was very off-peak) and I still had to leave by noon because my guy couldn't do any more I fear this new system is going to squash that miserably. :(

That said though, I have zero problem initially explaining what our needs are, but having to do it over and over again even though it was printed on a card before and our stroller was marked as a wheelchair, we'd still get glares and judgements.
We were there in December of Xmas and New Years; waits were heinous everywhere but we expected that to be the case. We use the DAS for our 2 sons with very different needs. My oldest has low tone on his right side so walking & standing especially are hard on him. Our 3 yr old wa recently dx with autism. Standing in lines for him is brutal. We used his stroller as a wheel chair and that helped immensely he could play his iPad while waiting which was a huge blessing. *snip*

My 3yr old (2 then turned 3 in January) however was with me at the counter at the MGM GS and was in line waiting form. Hand flapping, removing and throwing his shoe, climbed out of the belted stroller, was jumping and running in circles then attempted to climb the counter to get the things in my hand the CM was giving me the entire time I'm thinking are you serious????? Common sense and maybe some sensitivity training may be in order. I just looked at the guy and said well -this-this is why he needs his stroller cocoon for lines unless you want to try to hold his busy 38lbs of pure muscle without getting in other peoples space go gettem tiger. Aye yi yi.
Man, I know what it's like. I can soooooo relate!

I don't think this was mentioned in this thread, but Disney has a Guide for Guests with cognitive Disabilities, which came out in a October.
You can get a copy of the PDF file of the guide here:
https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...bilities-services/wdw_cognitive_guide_rev.pdf

It has a lot of helpful information for guests with any kinds of disabilities, not only cognitive. For example, a table that lists each ride and includes things like which have bumps or periods of darkness.
It also lists the estimated duration of each attraction some suggested places to take a break.

The differences are, with many of these children that have issues where they will flap, hit, take off their shoes and bite them (or bite others) or throw them at people, etc.. they aren't often able to be prevented by usual discipline and reasoning because they often don't understand what is wrong and why. They just do it. So you're constantly on the offensive and it's utterly exhausting because all "behaviors" are new at some point and they love to happen at the most inopportune times. Other than our autistic son's extremely low muscle-tone and endurance, we keep him in a wheelchair for a few more reasons, he's safe in his mind when he's in it and we are protecting other guests FROM him. I can' tell you how often iv'e had to apologize for something he's done very inappropriately to someone else. Even in a stroller or cart while shopping. I do my best to catch him, but they can be fast. Also, some things you simply don't have to tell you 6 years old. Like, don't lick the bottom of your shoe or don't scratch that little baby's face or smell that little girl's hair. Not the case for some of these kiddos. So many of us have become very adept in offensive defense if you will.

So rather than trying to diagnose someone by what you can see, and what your personal experiences w/ a certain disability are, how about some compassion and respect for that family knowing what works and doesn't work for their child?

Disney isn't "required" to do half of the things they do. But "compassion" has been a hallmark of their in the past and it's not unreasonable to be upset that that compassion is being almost entirely taken away. I can't speak for everyone of course, but in our experiences, even w/ the GAC, we were able to accomplish only half of what a "normal" mobile family can and that made us super happy because prior to that, we'd been able to do all of 2 rides in 3 hours (we were there at opening and it was very off-peak) and I still had to leave by noon because my guy couldn't do any more I fear this new system is going to squash that miserably. :(

That said though, I have zero problem initially explaining what our needs are, but having to do it over and over again even though it was printed on a card before and our stroller was marked as a wheelchair, we'd still get glares and judgements.

Man, I know what it's like. I can soooooo relate!

I can understand where you're coming from, but I'm honestly getting tired of people being labeled as 'uncompassionate' because they agree with the system put in place, or disagree with the GAC.

Disney has ALL guests to think about. The previous system was not working overall with park operations and was impacting the majority of guests. That's just the way it is. I just can not understand people (not you necessarily) expecting to go into a theme park and circumvent the very nature of a theme park itself (ex: ride something 5x in a row while the standby folks ride it once because they fixate on it). That's just not reasonable.

As far as explaining your child's needs repeatedly, if you have a DAS you don't have to do that. Unless you need something additional like slowed/stopped walkways. But if the DAS accommodates your needs you only need to explain why you need it to GR once just like before.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I'm honestly getting tired of people being labeled as 'uncompassionate' because they agree with the system put in place, or disagree with the GAC.

Disney has ALL guests to think about. The previous system was not working overall with park operations and was impacting the majority of guests. That's just the way it is. I just can not understand people (not you necessarily) expecting to go into a theme park and circumvent the very nature of a theme park itself (ex: ride something 5x in a row while the standby folks ride it once because they fixate on it). That's just not reasonable.

I think most of us using the system the way it was before ARE reasonable people. We've never been able to ride ANY ride w/ that pass time and time again in a row. The most we've ever done is twice and we waited a good fair time in between. But the issue is, it wasn't a problem for anything other than there were people exploiting it and that was Disney's reason for changing it. That's exactly what they stated repeatedly for the reason for the change. It wasn't affecting anyone else in a negative manner other than their "perceived" ideas that these people were getting something they weren't. I can think of so many other ways they could have gone about a change that could have been less unfeeling. What they did doesn't address the issues a great deal of us have. And yes, Disney doesn't HAVE to do anything, but what they were doing was making what as formally a nightmare of an experience into one that was doable. Your thought that Disney doesn't have to think about this segment of the population because it's worried about everyone on the whole really isn't why this was changed in the first place. If they actually cared, which they don't, they would have actually sought out advice and research, but it's clear (of their own admission) that they did not. Disney has gone from being a happy place for (almost) all to one of a great deal of difficulty for a segment of the population that already deals with a great deal of difficulty in daily life. For Disney to have changed things as they did WAS NOT compassionate.

I think most of us using the system the way it was before ARE reasonable people. We've never been able to ride ANY ride w/ that pass time and time again in a row. The most we've ever done is twice and we waited a good fair time in between. But the issue is, it wasn't a problem for anything other than there were people exploiting it and that was Disney's reason for changing it. That's exactly what they stated repeatedly for the reason for the change. It wasn't affecting anyone else in a negative manner other than their "perceived" ideas that these people were getting something they weren't. I can think of so many other ways they could have gone about a change that could have been less unfeeling. What they did doesn't address the issues a great deal of us have. And yes, Disney doesn't HAVE to do anything, but what they were doing was making what as formally a nightmare of an experience into one that was doable. Your thought that Disney doesn't have to think about this segment of the population because it's worried about everyone on the whole really isn't why this was changed in the first place. If they actually cared, which they don't, they would have actually sought out advice and research, but it's clear (of their own admission) that they did not. Disney has gone from being a happy place for (almost) all to one of a great deal of difficulty for a segment of the population that already deals with a great deal of difficulty in daily life. For Disney to have changed things as they did WAS NOT compassionate.

You're wildly incorrect. Please check out some of the ranting blogs about the change. Mothers angry that their child can not ride Space Mountain 9x in a row anymore (that one was my favorite). I don't know what long waits you had with a GAC unless you were using the WC line, which is pretty much the same as it was before. But the majority of GAC users went through the FP lines. After waiting 15 minutes and getting on the ride GAC users could hop back into the FP line and ride again. If those lines were long, I'm sure you can imagine the wait time in the standby line. There's no reason for someone, anyone, to ride a ride 3 - 4x before another guests rides once. And that happened. A lot. You can read threads all over the DIS about it.

Disney did consult with various disability groups when making their changes and stated so in their announcement. If you think they made these changes in 5 months because a news story came out about a few people hiring disabled people to use the GAC you're wrong. The people requesting a GAC were staggering. Pregnant? Get a GAC. Elderly? Get a GAC. I've actually had someone talk to me about getting a GAC because her son went with a broken arm and it was going to make him tire faster... what?

The amount of people going directly into the FP line were causing longer waits for the standby line, and increasing the wait time of the FP line itself. It was hindering park operations and effecting the majority of guests. Autism alone is now 1/88 people. With an average of 4 people per family, that statistic in itself is staggering with the amount of daily guests. I'm sure you can imagine the additional numbers receiving the GAC with other ailments.

I don't know where you think I said that Disney doesn't have to think about the disabled segment of the population. Please... point that out for me. What I DID imply is that the old system was not sustainable, and the new system is significantly better on a park operations stand point. I'm sorry, I don't believe Disney allowing a family to wait their turn (something that should be expected when going to a theme park, with lines and crowds) by doing anything they desire besides wait in an actual que is uncompassionate. Is it is easy going and desirable as the GAC? No. Is it uncompassionate? No.

I'm sorry you feel Disney doesn't care because they changed their system. Disney absolutely has a reputation of being magical and caring, but that doesn't mean that they can, or even have to go beyond the scope of reason with their accommodations. There are lots of reviews on here of people using the DAS and FP+ with success. It takes a bit more planning, but it's completely workable.

I have found this thread interesting as we were a family who have used the GAC in the past. We went about twice a year and enjoyed our trips a great deal. However, since the arrival of the DAS we have stopped going. No, we haven't tried it yet so I can't say that it works or does not. One of the reasons that we went to Disney (and gave Disney our money) was that it was easy. I could take both children (one in a wheelchair) by myself and we could have a great time. Now, I am concerned with having to explain our needs multiple times (this is not fair to my son as we discuss behavioral needs or other needs) and having to find somewhere to spend the time between rides as we wait for our times. We are doing other parks this summer to see how they handle his needs and then we might attempt Disney in a few years after all of the kinks of Fastpass+ and DAS have been worked out. I just want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and ideas as it has given me a good idea of the differences in what we might experience when/if we return.

So unless you get unlimited fastpasses without waiting, no matter how long the lines are or how crowded the parks are, whenever you want them, you aren't going?

This is exactly why the GAC needed to be changed into DAS

You're wildly incorrect. Please check out some of the ranting blogs about the change. Mothers angry that their child can not ride Space Mountain 9x in a row anymore (that one was my favorite).

Thanks for the judgement of calling me "wildly" incorrect. That kind of expectation was and is unreasonable and though you're reading these experiences, you're looking for them and they are sticking out to you. I maintain that those kinds of people are NOT the majority. If you look for some kind of site that will bolster your beliefs, you'll find a few, somewhere. A few squeaky wheels, does not a pattern make.

Disney did consult with various disability groups when making their changes and stated so in their announcement. If you think they made these changes in 5 months because a news story came out about a few people hiring disabled people to use the GAC you're wrong. The people requesting a GAC were staggering. Pregnant? Get a GAC. Elderly? Get a GAC. I've actually had someone talk to me about getting a GAC because her son went with a broken arm and it was going to make him tire faster... what?

YEs they "CLAIMED" that they did. But it was not true. Not the extent and in the way they were trying to make it sound that they did. Autism is a not insignificant segment of the populous that was using that card and the premier org. for that is Autism Speaks. Disney put out in verbiage that they consulted w/ Autism Speaks on how to revamp the system. Their CEO says they absolutely did NOT. What he said was that they did nothing more than send them a copy of what they were planning to do. That's it. I don't have any reason to believe that they did anything more w/ any other organizations. That's not consulting, that's informing. So I don't believe anything Disney says w/ respect to how they went about this.

The amount of people going directly into the FP line were causing longer waits for the standby line, and increasing the wait time of the FP line itself. It was hindering park operations and effecting the majority of guests. Autism alone is now 1/88 people. With an average of 4 people per family, that statistic in itself is staggering with the amount of daily guests. I'm sure you can imagine the additional numbers receiving the GAC with other ailments.
That's assuming that all people using the GAC instead of an actually FP wouldn't have had fast passes to begin with. Just as many of them would have as the regular population. And since it's not an apples to apples comparison. They not using the attractions as the same speed and rate as "average" folk. It's not really a fair assessment.

I don't know where you think I said that Disney doesn't have to think about the disabled segment of the population.
Very true. But that's not something that WDW is required to accommodate specially.

I'm sorry, I don't believe Disney allowing a family to wait their turn (something that should be expected when going to a theme park, with lines and crowds) by doing anything they desire besides wait in an actual que is uncompassionate.
Neither do I. No reasonable person would. But it was more manageable before, and not because of using the FP lines. If it were apples to apples there there wouldn't be a question, but it's not. Families that needed the extra help can't bounce from one attraction to the next remotely as easily as those not using it and really needed that flexibility. I have to reiterate that I haven't used the new system yet, but knowing how we needed it before and how the new system functioned now, we're going to have a LOT more meltdowns on our hands. The theory is that it's gone from manageable and actually enjoyable, to even more work than we already have on our plates again. I don't care how long they make me wait! Just give me a place I can wait keep my guy from bothering other guests for that time. That's what it was before for us. I don't expect people not dealing w/ this to understand that it's not a matter of just going to another ride during our FP wait time, or go shopping or whatever. You just don't get it. Just quit trying to say you know how things work for us because I'm pretty sure we have the best first hand knowledge. We don't want it "better" than everyone else, we just want it to be less headache than it already is.

. I don't care how long they make me wait! Just give me a place I can wait keep my guy from bothering other guests for that time.

And how isn't that exactly what it is now? you get a time and go wait wherever you want and come back when it is time to get into the FP line.:confused3

And how isn't that exactly what it is now? you get a time and go wait wherever you want and come back when it is time to get into the FP line.:confused3

It's not in/at the actual attraction. You try to explain to my son that we just walked up to the ride he wanted to go on and now we'll have to go away and wait somewhere else. He doesn't and won't understand. Maybe this time, he'll have changed enough to accommodate that change, maybe not. I know others have that struggle. It's actually been easier, for us, in the lines they're revamped the cutes for to allow for strollers and wheelchairs to wait in. We still have to be a buffer between him and others, but it's much more manageable to do that wait.

Now that I'm talking this out more I think our approach will have to be that one of us goes to the attraction to get our return time while we keep our son from actually seeing it. I hope we can do that more often than not. I don't have all the answers, I just have a truckload of questions and it's freaking me out. I know how it was on the trip before the last one when we didn't use the pass and it was awful. I wasn't sure I wanted to return to Disney again.

this. You don't have to go anywhere. You can find a nice bench near the ride and wait. Or do any number of things to keep your party occupied.

It's not in/at the actual attraction. You try to explain to my son that we just walked up to the ride he wanted to go on and now we'll have to go away and wait somewhere else. He doesn't and won't understand. Maybe this time, he'll have changed enough to accommodate that change, maybe not. I know others have that struggle. It's actually been easier, for us, in the lines they're revamped the cutes for to allow for strollers and wheelchairs to wait in. We still have to be a buffer between him and others, but it's much more manageable to do that wait.

He doesn't have to go to the ride before it's time to get into line, someone else can be the fast pass runner and go get the time.

Now that I'm talking this out more I think our approach will have to be that one of us goes to the attraction to get our return time while we keep our son from actually seeing it. I hope we can do that more often than not. I don't have all the answers, I just have a truckload of questions and it's freaking me out. I know how it was on the trip before the last one when we didn't use the pass and it was awful. I wasn't sure I wanted to return to Disney again.

You have solved your own problem. At WDW the vast majority of ride queues are mainstreamed so you can take a wheelchair or stroller as wheelchair into it. Just do that. Then you don't have to worry about walking up and then walking away.

Thanks for the judgement of calling me "wildly" incorrect. That kind of expectation was and is unreasonable and though you're reading these experiences, you're looking for them and they are sticking out to you. I maintain that those kinds of people are NOT the majority. If you look for some kind of site that will bolster your beliefs, you'll find a few, somewhere. A few squeaky wheels, does not a pattern make.

I didn't look for anything. People like this came out in herds when the changes were announced. Many of them were on the DIS stating similar things. While I doubt most people were riding things 9x in a row, there were plenty of people riding things multiple times in a row. And even if they weren't doing the same ride, hopping from ride to ride with an insignificant wait as compared to guests with the GAC is unreasonable. Obviously it's pretty common if the need to ride/do only a few things multiple times was brought up in this thread alone.

YEs they "CLAIMED" that they did. But it was not true. Not the extent and in the way they were trying to make it sound that they did. Autism is a not insignificant segment of the populous that was using that card and the premier org. for that is Autism Speaks. Disney put out in verbiage that they consulted w/ Autism Speaks on how to revamp the system. Their CEO says they absolutely did NOT. What he said was that they did nothing more than send them a copy of what they were planning to do. That's it. I don't have any reason to believe that they did anything more w/ any other organizations. That's not consulting, that's informing. So I don't believe anything Disney says w/ respect to how they went about this.

I haven't found anything from the CEO of Autism Speaks like you're stating. Do you have a link? The only thing I can find is that AS 'has not endoresed the plan' which doesn't mean they didn't have input. Since they still continue they're partnership with Disney, I'd assume that speaks for itself.

That's assuming that all people using the GAC instead of an actually FP wouldn't have had fast passes to begin with. Just as many of them would have as the regular population. And since it's not an apples to apples comparison. They not using the attractions as the same speed and rate as "average" folk. It's not really a fair assessment.

If people were able to get a normal FP and wait the time it took to use it, then why do they have a GAC? That's one of the complaints 'I can't wait that long to get on a ride.' People who never had to use a FP in their life because of the GAC are now getting them and shocked that a 9am FP for TSM has a return time of 4-5pm. Welcome to the world of paper FP (naturally, this is changed with FP+).

I don't know how you get your averages on the speed of attractions people see. I can't remember if it was officially stated by Disney or speculated by the DIS that a typical family uses 3 FP per day (which is where they got their 3 FP+ option). And frankly, comparing what someone does in an entire day to what someone can do with the GAC in a few hours is silly. Someone with a GAC was getting far more in than an average guest in the amount of time they were using it. If 2 guests walk into the park at the same time they should do roughly the same amount of things during the same time period. There's no reason someone should do a full days worth of things in a few hours

Neither do I. No reasonable person would. But it was more manageable before, and not because of using the FP lines. If it were apples to apples there there wouldn't be a question, but it's not. Families that needed the extra help can't bounce from one attraction to the next remotely as easily as those not using it and really needed that flexibility. I have to reiterate that I haven't used the new system yet, but knowing how we needed it before and how the new system functioned now, we're going to have a LOT more meltdowns on our hands. The theory is that it's gone from manageable and actually enjoyable, to even more work than we already have on our plates again. I don't care how long they make me wait! Just give me a place I can wait keep my guy from bothering other guests for that time. That's what it was before for us. I don't expect people not dealing w/ this to understand that it's not a matter of just going to another ride during our FP wait time, or go shopping or whatever. You just don't get it. Just quit trying to say you know how things work for us because I'm pretty sure we have the best first hand knowledge. We don't want it "better" than everyone else, we just want it to be less headache than it already is.

Lucky for you, Disney is giving you EXACTLY what you just asked for... a place to wait your turn. You can do so in a store, ride things with short wait times, visit a character, eat, play SOTMK, do whatever you want. Frankly, no Disney vacation is easy. For anyone. It takes planning and care for every family. The DAS requires a bit more because you're asking for something different than the norm. You don't have to. If it's easier for someone to stand in line than go back and forth they have that option.

There comes a point when a family with a disability understands they have limits. They just do. Disabilities limit people. That's just the way it is. I can't expect Disney to accommodate everything so that I feel like I no longer have a disability I'm working with. However, to assume I 'just don't get' because I'm on the opposite side of the fence as you are is just another 'if you don't agree you have no compassion' comment and frankly, that's ridiculous. We have a disability in our family that would qualify for the old GAC and the new DAS. But comments like yours are why the disabled community feedback often falls on deaf ears.

You have no idea what I 'get' or go through. The difference is, I don't expect the world to bend every which way to accommodate my child. I expect reasonable accommodations in a given situation and I try to orient my child on what to expect.

Comments in red

The differences are, with many of these children that have issues where they will flap, hit, take off their shoes and bite them (or bite others) or throw them at people, etc.. they aren't often able to be prevented by usual discipline and reasoning because they often don't understand what is wrong and why. They just do it. So you're constantly on the offensive and it's utterly exhausting because all "behaviors" are new at some point and they love to happen at the most inopportune times. Other than our autistic son's extremely low muscle-tone and endurance, we keep him in a wheelchair for a few more reasons, he's safe in his mind when he's in it and we are protecting other guests FROM him. I can' tell you how often iv'e had to apologize for something he's done very inappropriately to someone else. Even in a stroller or cart while shopping. I do my best to catch him, but they can be fast. Also, some things you simply don't have to tell you 6 years old. Like, don't lick the bottom of your shoe or don't scratch that little baby's face or smell that little girl's hair. Not the case for some of these kiddos. So many of us have become very adept in offensive defense if you will. So rather than trying to diagnose someone by what you can see, and what your personal experiences w/ a certain disability are, how about some compassion and respect for that family knowing what works and doesn't work for their child? Disney isn't "required" to do half of the things they do. But "compassion" has been a hallmark of their in the past and it's not unreasonable to be upset that that compassion is being almost entirely taken away. I can't speak for everyone of course, but in our experiences, even w/ the GAC, we were able to accomplish only half of what a "normal" mobile family can and that made us super happy because prior to that, we'd been able to do all of 2 rides in 3 hours (we were there at opening and it was very off-peak) and I still had to leave by noon because my guy couldn't do any more I fear this new system is going to squash that miserably. :( That said though, I have zero problem initially explaining what our needs are, but having to do it over and over again even though it was printed on a card before and our stroller was marked as a wheelchair, we'd still get glares and judgements. Man, I know what it's like. I can soooooo relate!

My child does all those behaviors and more. I guess I don't let it get me on the defensive... he is who he is and we are here to have fun. The DAS system worked well for us... just as well as the GAC if not better. But honestly I never let my children ride the same ride over even with the GAC as a consideration to other visitors. If we rode a ride more than once we came back later. I want to teach my typical child consideration just as much as I want to be treated with it.

I know we never got as much done as a typical family... but I guess I never expected to. We did however get MORE done with the DAS/FP+ combo than the GAC.

Are you telling me that those who are heat intolerant shouldn't go to Disney? Why are you so callous when Disney affords a pass for those with cognitive disabilities to accommodate their needs? Shouldn't Disney do the same for those who are heat intolerant, especially given that these type passes were originally intended for those who couldn't handle the heat and physically disabled?

Where'd you come up with that? Considering it's been stated numerous times that physical limitations that are met with a WC or EVC were not the original intent of the GAC. That's why they don't offer the DAS for those issues now.

Are you telling me that those who are heat intolerant shouldn't go to Disney? Why are you so callous when Disney affords a pass for those with cognitive disabilities to accommodate their needs? Shouldn't Disney do the same for those who are heat intolerant, especially given that these type passes were originally intended for those who couldn't handle the heat and physically disabled?

Please show me anywhere where it says that the GAC or DAS was originally meant for those who can't handle the heat or were physically disabled? Saying it doesn't mean its true.

And I'm not callous, I'm a realist. I don't take my DD to the beach even though as a child I grew up on the beach and loved it, because she cannot handle it. To take a person who can't handle the heat to Florida, in the summer and then expect them not to have to deal with the side effect of their disability is simply not realistic.

If you can't tolerate the heat for the 20-30 minute wait for a moving line, how are you handling the heat waiting for the parking lot tram, riding the tram, walking into the park, bag check, just walking thru the park, and so on?

I'ts called personal responsibility. You don't go in the spring or summer, period.

You go when it isn't hot, if you can't go then , then you don't go.

My Mother had severe lung disease after a certain point they would only go in the winter, she knew her limitations and dealt with them she didn't expect the world to change for her.

How does a WC or EVC help a physically disabled person who is heat intolerant while waiting in a 45 to 60 minute queue? Do WC's & EVC's have AC or something? It is common knowledge that the elderly and severely physically disabled die while sitting in their homes when there is no AC and staying cool is paramount.

It doesn't help. It would probably be more beneficial to look at the section where I responded to you about heat intolerance instead of trying to read into something that isn't there. However, lots of ques are in the AC/indoors.

I'm sorry, I have no idea why someone dying from intolerance in their home because they don't have AC is relevant at all. People die every day from a variety of things and for a variety of reasons. Dying from heat intolerance in an unairconditioned home is going to be low on the list.

Right. Because when that death happens it will be Disney's fault not the person with heat intolerance that planned a trip to an amusement park in the Florida heat, right?

You're obviously aware that the D in DAS stands for Disability. When did being elderly become a disability? What about pregnancy? Anyone can find a reason that the DAS card could help them with your logic.

Seriously what happened to personal responsibility. I should just insist beaches remove the sand and sun so my dd can enjoy a day there.

I'm seriously confused what people want Disney to do? Are you saying you want Disney to let you go around the park and just walk up to the front of every line on every ride no matter how busy and get on? As many times as you want and as often as you want to go to Disney?

Do you also want them to cool it down? I'm sure Disney would love it if they could arrange for it to be a pleasant 72 yr round but it's Florida! It gets hot, but it isn't 100 degrees yr round there are plenty of months it is pleasant.

So I am totally confused what you want and why getting a time to come back and then being able to go sit in the AC if that is what you want and then come back and get right into the fast pass line. And most fast pass lines don't take any longer to go thru than walking thru the park.

So what do you want Disney to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter