How is my trinity?

So my planned loadout for WDW is going to consist of a Sigma 28-70mm AF f/2.8D EX DF for wide and normal shots, a Nikon 50mm f/1.4D AF Nikkor for dark rides and fireworks and the legendary Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D ED AF Nikkor for parades and distant shooting. Seeing as it's the first time I'll be bringing a camera into Disney, will my loadout give me a lot of mileage there?
While all those lenses will work, you didn't say what camera you will be using. If it's an APS-C then the 28 of the 28-70 can be little tight along with the 50. I shoot APS-C and have used the Sigma 28-70 extensively. When I need to shoot wide I use a Tamron 17-50 (f2.8 XR DiII SP) and on the dark rides, I prefer 30mm or less (I normally use a Sigma 30 f1.4). It can be a heavy load, but I am used to it. I don't go anywhere without the 70-200! That is my go-to lens!! Its also great for head shots! My wife who, who likes to travel light, has a variable aperture 50-200 that I have used in good light to good results. Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
While all those lenses will work, you didn't say what camera you will be using. If it's an APS-C then the 28 of the 28-70 can be little tight along with the 50. I shoot APS-C and have used the Sigma 28-70 extensively. When I need to shoot wide I use a Tamron 17-50 (f2.8 XR DiII SP) and on the dark rides, I prefer 30mm or less (I normally use a Sigma 30 f1.4). It can be a heavy load, but I am used to it. I don't go anywhere without the 70-200! That is my go-to lens!! Its also great for head shots! My wife who, who likes to travel light, has a variable aperture 50-200 that I have used in good light to good results. Just some thoughts.
It's a full-frame, so the focal length isn't going to have the crop factor applied to it. However, I'm getting the Sigma 15-30mm EX DG f/3.5-4.5 so now I'll have an ultra-wide angle lens for those landscapes and fireworks. Although not as fast as my other lenses, I can still easily make up for that when using priority modes.

With what you have described, you should be able to shoot anything and everything. Good luck and don't forget to have fun!!
Thanks!

So now my trinity has become a quartet. Still, I'll be able to achieve the full range of photography.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter