How far in advance do you book your flights?

We decided to drive this time around but we are 2 months out from going and they are the lowest they have been. We had been sitting at $150-$219 round trip flying out of Oregon and they are currently sitting at $131 round trip. So I think it really varies.

I've been tracking prices with Google and Hopper looking for the best time to buy. It does look like between 1-2 months out is the best time to buy, (at least from PDX to SNA).

I didn't know that Alaska gave a credit though, so I may go ahead and buy tickets now for our trip the first week of October.

We bought our outgoing flight on Southwest to California for three of us about two months out. We bought our return flight only about two weeks ahead of time. We were able to sit together both ways. We did pay extra for Early Bird Check In. DH and I both unexpectedly received TSA Precheck both ways, but DS did not.

We booked Jan 30th for our July 27th (PDX to LGB) trip because Hopper said it was the lowest we would see. I haven't followed up on that to see if I am sorry. HA!

I did just realize Alaska offers a credit if it goes lower so I booked my dd's New York trip because we knew she had to fly Alaska because of the times. Got a $43 credit today for one leg of the trip. Hoping it goes a bit lower and/or the other leg of the trip goes lower!

Southwest is having a $49 flight sale until 3/15. I bought my Oct flight today because it was such a good deal.

I bought ours in early Feb for July 7-14. We are flying out of BNA on Southwest and returning on Alaska Airlines. Pricing has increased with both lines since booking.

We are traveling July 3-10 this year, and I booked our flights in mid-January. We usually fly JetBlue and I feel like they are always cheapest the earlier you book, so I will book flights as soon as I figure out our dates. We're flying JFK-LAX on July 3rd this year and all the morning flights have more than doubled in price since I booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter