How early are people getting into their rooms?

We didn't have any luck the end of August. We arrived at noon and room wasn't ready til 4. Because of Covid, there isn't really housekeeping while you are there. (Its limited service). So when guests check out, it's taking longer for the rooms to be cleaned. You will find remote controls cleaned and bagged, etc). Also, all rooms are now given an inspection after cleaning. It takes time. All rooms are not available for use - even hotel must follow limited capacity. (At POP, when we were there, no rooms were used in the 80s and 90s section.

My read of what I see reported (and my personal experience since July) is that it’s a mix, just like always. Sometimes early, sometimes on time, sometimes late. My advice is expect/plan for a room at/after the check in time, and anything else is a bonus.

We checked in to OKW on Saturday, September 5th when we arrived in the morning at MCO (may 9:30?). We packed a day bag just in case. We got the room ready text while on DME and had no problem using magic bands to get in the room at 11am. We were really surprised. Maybe because we had a studio it is faster/easier to clean?

you can leave perishables with Bell Services. They have a fridge.
Can we also leave alcohol at Bell Services? We’re doing a split stay between HRH and POP and getting groceries and alcohol from Instacart at HRH. I’ve never gotten perishables and alcohol for the resorts before and just want to be sure so I don’t order too much.

Checked into a 1BR at BCV last Wednesday. Got the room ready text at 6:20pm.***

EDIT: Disregard this time; it is incorrect. 6:20pm was when our flight landed and my phone came out of airplane mode. It could have been any time after about 2:40pm EDT.

Last edited:
treehouse villa wasn;t ready until about 430 last saturday. Usually we arrive late and I put an early checkin to get my room number and know where I am going, but the last time we stayed at Jambo a few weeks ago the text didnt come until closer to 4.

Can we also leave alcohol at Bell Services? We’re doing a split stay between HRH and POP and getting groceries and alcohol from Instacart at HRH. I’ve never gotten perishables and alcohol for the resorts before and just want to be sure so I don’t order too much.
I would leave it in a locked bag, like anything else. We even check laptops if the room isn't ready.

We did online checkin at Kidani. Never received a room notification text. Had to stop by the front desk at 2am to get our room assigned.

Arrived on labor day at wdw at 10:30 am with online check in. Room at contemporary ready at 1:19 pm. Still have text so have exact time.

We did online checkin at Kidani. Never received a room notification text. Had to stop by the front desk at 2am to get our room assigned.

Was it not showing in your MDE? I've often not gotten a text but the room shows in MDE.

Arriving in a couple weeks, can you share what HRH is? I'd like to do the same, thanks!

I stayed at Poly at the end of August and I selected a 8am arrival time. I nicely asked the front desk about the possibility of early check in. I then called the hotel (I think it was a general number, not specifically Poly) and asked for an early check in around 12. I didn’t get my room until 4:15pm when my husband went to the front desk and asked again. We are staying at YC in two weeks. I removed my room requests for that trip so hopefully that helps my chances at an early check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter