How early are people getting into their rooms?

I stayed at Poly at the end of August and I selected a 8am arrival time. I nicely asked the front desk about the possibility of early check in. I then called the hotel (I think it was a general number, not specifically Poly) and asked for an early check in around 12. I didn’t get my room until 4:15pm when my husband went to the front desk and asked again. We are staying at YC in two weeks. I removed my room requests for that trip so hopefully that helps my chances at an early check in.
Check in at DVC resorts is after 4PM. The villas take longer to clean with the kitchenette and all the spaces. Plus they are being filled with all sorts of guests, both on points and for cash. So they are getting a lot more guests.

I arrived at YC two weeks ago at 10 am, dropped off my bags and headed to Epcot for opening right before 11. I went straight to the festival center to get some food, sat down at a table, and got the room ready text. It was maybe 11:15 at the latest. Pretty much feels like how it always has, sometimes my room is ready early and other times I am left waiting wondering if they even have me in the system to notify.

I stayed at Poly at the end of August and I selected a 8am arrival time. I nicely asked the front desk about the possibility of early check in. I then called the hotel (I think it was a general number, not specifically Poly) and asked for an early check in around 12. I didn’t get my room until 4:15pm when my husband went to the front desk and asked again. We are staying at YC in two weeks. I removed my room requests for that trip so hopefully that helps my chances at an early check in.

There is a button with online check in that says early arrival takes priority over requests. Try checking that. Though as has been pointed out, regular check-in for DVC is 4pm.

Bottom line is early check-in still remains only a request and not a guarantee regardless of where you are staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter