"How do you look so relaxed at Disney World" - Our May AoA adventure

Omg, your pics are amazing! The one with the monorail, especially WOW! I keep staring at it, so gorgeous!

Too bad about Test track, Charlotte is right at 40 inches now and I am having a terrible time deciding which rides she should actually go on. When they are kind of tall for there age it's a tough call if they should ride certain rides or not!:confused3

I so want to try Beirgaten someday! We love German food! And it looks like so much fun.

Thank you so much for your pictures, we are leaving in a little over a week and this is helping me figure out what to do.

I have to admit, in the picture of you dancing with your son, all I keep looking at is the man off to the right with the multi color polka dot shorts. :rotfl2:

I started reading your TR this morning. When I saw your itinerary, I was hooked. :) I had to stop and read your PTR first. I love planning, organizing, lists and lists of lists. Spreadsheets make me smile. I appreciate all of your detail and beautiful photos. Your son is adorable!

This is the first time I've seen many Biergarten pics and you've convinced me that we should try it. Disney does these places so well!

Yes, the trains are always there, but the playgrounds are not. Again, beautiful pictures! Apparently I need to get my photography books back out and do more reading, and maybe invest in another lens!

Good to know! And thank you! My favorite book so far has been stunning digital photography but I think I learn the most from on line groups. The lens would help too :)

Omg, your pics are amazing! The one with the monorail, especially WOW! I keep staring at it, so gorgeous! Too bad about Test track, Charlotte is right at 40 inches now and I am having a terrible time deciding which rides she should actually go on. When they are kind of tall for there age it's a tough call if they should ride certain rides or not!:confused3 I so want to try Beirgaten someday! We love German food! And it looks like so much fun.

Thank you! I love that one too!

I get what you mean. And you definitely don't want to push or if the cm says no.

I definitely recommend Biergarten!

Thank you so much for your pictures, we are leaving in a little over a week and this is helping me figure out what to do. I have to admit, in the picture of you dancing with your son, all I keep looking at is the man off to the right with the multi color polka dot shorts. :rotfl2:

You are welcome. Glad to help. I got a lot of help from reading these is I am happy to hear mine is helping others.

I didn't even notice him but now I can stop starring! Those are some shorts!

I started reading your TR this morning. When I saw your itinerary, I was hooked. :) I had to stop and read your PTR first. I love planning, organizing, lists and lists of lists. Spreadsheets make me smile. I appreciate all of your detail and beautiful photos. Your son is adorable!

What a compliment. Thank you. I love knowing spreadsheets make other people smile too. Something calming about order :) glad you are enjoying the photos.

This is the first time I've seen many Biergarten pics and you've convinced me that we should try it. Disney does these places so well!

You know I don't see it showing up a lot either and it is my favorite overall dinning experience. Glad you enjoyed the photos! You should check it out :)

Illuminations

We finished with Biergarten just on time to find a spot for illuminations.

This would be our first time seeing illuminations and I had no idea where to stand. I did find a chart with suggested viewing spots, which I left in the room. We ended up choosing a spot near Germany. It wasn't to crowed and I was able to set up my tripod.

This would be my first time trying to shoot fireworks. I read up on recommended settings but it ended up more a trial and error experiment and I definitely needed to do this in manual mode. I eventually found some settings that worked and snapped away with my remote trigger. Which was nice because I could pay attention to goose and not the camera.

This was one of my presume test shots.

IMGP7201 by katebazin1, on Flickr

These are my best shots of the show.

IMGP7238 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7248 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7269 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7280 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7281 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7285 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7298 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7305 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7309 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7318 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7319 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7326 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7330 by katebazin1, on Flickr

IMGP7337 by katebazin1, on Flickr

Right after illuminations Goose fell sound asleep so we took a leisurely walk back to the bus.

Cheesy photo pass photo

He slept all the way back to AoA, woke up I time to say good night to all the cars and then fell right back asleep when we put him to bed. Sleeping was definitely not a problem.

I love your illuminations pics! we've haven't seen it for so long....

you all look like you had a blast at biergarten. we didn't enjoy it as much. we didn't get to dance and the food was just so so for us. we did love the music and the bell song that you got pictures of. the girls were fascinated with that. i'd like to try via Napoli sometime, but i'm sorry you guys didn't have a great meal there.

the trains are there all the time. we've never gone during F&W so I don't know if they decorate them different during that time, but they are always there. my DH loves them and would stand there for hours watching them if we'd let him!

I love your cheesy photopass pic, so cute! it looks like you all are having a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear more!

Great Illuminations pics! You really have a great talent for photography.

I love the cheesy PP pic! What a great memory!

A couple of trips ago we took the kids over to Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground around 9:15am while the adults took turns going on RnR and we loved it because the playground was completely empty and the kids had the whole area to themselves. Sometimes those playground times are totally worth it even at rope drop!

We had a mixed experience at Via Napoli the first and only time we tried it last January mostly because the service was a bit spotty. Haven't tried Biergarten yet.

I love your illuminations pics! we've haven't seen it for so long.... you all look like you had a blast at biergarten. we didn't enjoy it as much. we didn't get to dance and the food was just so so for us. we did love the music and the bell song that you got pictures of. the girls were fascinated with that. i'd like to try via Napoli sometime, but i'm sorry you guys didn't have a great meal there. the trains are there all the time. we've never gone during F&W so I don't know if they decorate them different during that time, but they are always there. my DH loves them and would stand there for hours watching them if we'd let him! I love your cheesy photopass pic, so cute! it looks like you all are having a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear more!

This was our first time seeing illuminations. It was awesome. Mr. Incredible liked the food at Biergarten better this time. I think you have to like German food and it can be a mixed Bag, but we have so much fun with the music. I wonder if Via Napoli is better if you have a later reservation. My DH and DS would be right there with him watching them for hours!

Great Illuminations pics! You really have a great talent for photography. I love the cheesy PP pic! What a great memory!

Thank you! I am really enjoying my newfound hobby and Disney is the perfect place for it!

A couple of trips ago we took the kids over to Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground around 9:15am while the adults took turns going on RnR and we loved it because the playground was completely empty and the kids had the whole area to themselves. Sometimes those playground times are totally worth it even at rope drop! We had a mixed experience at Via Napoli the first and only time we tried it last January mostly because the service was a bit spotty. Haven't tried Biergarten yet.

Sometimes rope drop is just worth it for the low crowds. I noticed via Napoli gets mixed reviews, it must vary. I defiantly recommend Biergarten!

Loving your TR! We wil be at AoA in the fall. :goodvibes

Thank you! Oh man AoA is super fun. I still have all my pool pictures to come!

Tuskner House

The next morning we had an early day for our first ever character breakfast! We had 8 o'clock reservations at Tuskner House. I was a bit worried it would be hard to get everyone moving after our late night, bit excitement took care of that for me. We made it to the buses about 6:50...and our bus came at 7:15. We didn't mind the wait, it was a pleasant morning.

We made it to Animal Kingdom and were quickly let in with the rest of the morning breakfast people. And I was able photos without crowds. Which may be my favorite part of an early morning reservation.

We took our time getting to the restaurant and when we got there it wasn't long before our name was called. They lined everyone up to take a photo pass picture before you go in which was nice.

We were seated pretty close to the buffet, coffee was in the table and we were given the best juice I have ever tried. Our CM, Neil, was hilarious. He made it an even more enjoyable breakfast.

I really like the atmosphere, although we didn't get any pictures that do it justice.

The food selection was great.

Breakfast Buffet –
Breakfast Selections: Assorted cream cheeses, jams, jellies and fruit chutneys, yogurt station, fresh fruit, milk, waffle station, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, potato wedges, cereal, biscuits & gravy, veggie frittata, Ham & cheese frittata, corned beef hash, cheese blintzes, beef Bobotie quiche, yam casserole, carved rotisserie honey ham, oatmeal, porridge, cinnamon rolls, assorted muffins and breads, turnovers, danish, and croissants.

I loved the potatoes, the yam casserole, the cinnamon roll (which was like a spoon bread thing). Te eggs, bacon and normal breakfast fair were good too. But more than anything that juice! Soooo good!

It looks like we didn't take any pictures of the food. I wish I had taken more inside this restaurant, but the characters started coming pretty quick, and the food was so good, other things took priority :)

Here is goose mesmerized by one of the characters and behind him you can see a selection of the kids fair.

We were the first table to see the characters, which was good and bad. Like I said they came really quick. When Donald came I wasn't ready at all and Mr. Incredible was at the Buffett! I did captures gooses face when he saw Donald, he looked started and then excited.

We gave him a hug and then goose moved over a seat because he thought Donald was going to eat with is (ooops I may have said we are having breakfast with Donald, watch your wording when speaking with a 3 year old). Luckily he understood that Donald had to see the other girls and boys.

Goose had his eyes glued to Donald.

Then Daisy came our and we were slightly more prepared.

And goose tried to eat while not taking his eyes off these large ducks.

Then we see Goofy coming.

And finally Mickey!

The good thing about being the first stop for the characters is we had seen all the characters and had the to eat plenty by 8:50 which left us just enough time to head over to the Safari and beat the crowds!

Up next, Our Animal Kingdom Morning.

Haha, had to laugh at your son thinking Donald was going to join you all for breakfast. Kids are extremely literal! :rotfl:

I'm glad Tusker House was a success. Getting those character meets knocked out while you chow down on delicious food is the way to go!

Oh, I have never considered doing pre-park AK before. I bet it's a really relaxed atmopshere. Your photos make it look quite peaceful. And I love the upclose look at the flamingo!

Catching up on EPCOT and Tusker House. We went to Biergarten for the first time last September and truly enjoyed the food and entertainment. The music and dancing was entertaining without the character "frenzy" so it was much more relaxing for us. Your photos of Illuminations are very nice. I know nothing about photography and only use automatic settings. I take tons of photos hoping to get a good one here and there. Thankfully, I usually do. :) The photopass photo you called "cheesy" is so sweet. I really like it! Glad you had a good experience at Tusker House. There are always mixed reviews. We just try to go with the flow and enjoy ourselves. We are planning our first visit to Tusker House in November. I'm looking forward to trying the famous juice. I made the same "wording" mistake when I told our granddaughter we were going to eat breakfast with the princesses. :) Glad your son took it in stride. Your AK photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing them!

I have sort of an odd question.... When the characters make the rounds at Tusker House do they have an attendant that can help with pictures? I'm going there solo when I'm at a conference for work in June and was just curious if it would be easy to get a picture with them or if I'll just need to take pictures of them.

Looks like fun!

oh, tusker house!! a must do for us from now on! i'm so glad you liked it! and isn't that juice awesome? if I remember right, it's called jambo juice (?) and I'm pretty sure I found a recipe for it on pinterest! our girls couldn't get enough (me either, let's just be honest! :laughing: )

that is so sweet that goose thought Donald would get to eat with you! how fun would it have been if he'd sat down for a minute? (really, can they even sit in those costumes?) glad he realized Donald had to move on and couldn't stay.

great start to the day!

Haha, had to laugh at your son thinking Donald was going to join you all for breakfast. Kids are extremely literal! :rotfl:

I'm glad Tusker House was a success. Getting those character meets knocked out while you chow down on delicious food is the way to go!

Oh, I have never considered doing pre-park AK before. I bet it's a really relaxed atmopshere. Your photos make it look quite peaceful. And I love the upclose look at the flamingo!

He is so literal! I should have known better!

It was such a success. It was our first real attempt at a character meet and I am so glad we went the breakfast route.

It was really pleasant. I love getting in any park early, but I think you appreciate the beauty even more without the crowds.

Catching up on EPCOT and Tusker House. We went to Biergarten for the first time last September and truly enjoyed the food and entertainment. The music and dancing was entertaining without the character "frenzy" so it was much more relaxing for us. Your photos of Illuminations are very nice. I know nothing about photography and only use automatic settings. I take tons of photos hoping to get a good one here and there. Thankfully, I usually do. :) The photopass photo you called "cheesy" is so sweet. I really like it! Glad you had a good experience at Tusker House. There are always mixed reviews. We just try to go with the flow and enjoy ourselves. We are planning our first visit to Tusker House in November. I'm looking forward to trying the famous juice. I made the same "wording" mistake when I told our granddaughter we were going to eat breakfast with the princesses. :) Glad your son took it in stride. Your AK photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing them!

Biergarten has become a must do, it has the entertainment, atmosphere, food trifecta that we like, and it is relaxing!

Thank you! I was worried about those photos when I took them and was glad I got some goodones.

You guys will love Tuskner house it is great! Glad I am not the only one to mess up that wording! I wonder how many kids go in thinking they are having breakfast with the characters?

I have sort of an odd question.... When the characters make the rounds at Tusker House do they have an attendant that can help with pictures? I'm going there solo when I'm at a conference for work in June and was just curious if it would be easy to get a picture with them or if I'll just need to take pictures of them.

Looks like fun!

I was kind of caught off guard when the characters came around, I didn't even have my phone camera out the first time, so I didn't think to ask for the attendant to take a picture, but I am sure either they would or your server? Someone who knows better might chime in.

oh, tusker house!! a must do for us from now on! i'm so glad you liked it! and isn't that juice awesome? if I remember right, it's called jambo juice (?) and I'm pretty sure I found a recipe for it on pinterest! our girls couldn't get enough (me either, let's just be honest! :laughing: )

that is so sweet that goose thought Donald would get to eat with you! how fun would it have been if he'd sat down for a minute? (really, can they even sit in those costumes?) glad he realized Donald had to move on and couldn't stay.

great start to the day!

I think it has become a must do for us too! I will have to look up that jambo juice recipe! It would be fun to do on a countdown day.

That would have been cool, but I bet your right I bet they can't even sit!

Our touring plan for that morning really went perfectly. We finished breakfast about 8:50 am and went straight to the Kilamanjaro Safari, which really had no line.

I was excited to practice some wild life photography, and test out my fairly new Pentax HD DA 55-300 mm f/3.8-4.5 lens. It was great fun!

After we rode the safari we did the Pangani jungle trail, which is one of my favorites. I love doing it early when you are the only ones on the trail.

I love the Golden Weavers. I could stand in this section all day.

Then we rode the train over to the affection station which is one of my favorite parts!

We went straight to the vet section. Goose was very interested in this.

They were working on Porcupine named Mabel. Goose kept saying "You otay Mabel, You otay Mabel, Mabel is sick, she is at the doctors. She cried, she wants here mommy", we talked a lot about what they were doing and he wanted to know what everything was. Then he would pause his questions to reassure Mabel again "you otay, you otay". We have talked a lot about Doctors since his most recent surgery, and he is constantly wanting to play Doctor with his plush animals, the cat, Mom, Dad. It gives us a great chance to talk about his surgeries and explain that they help him. This was another chance to have that conversation.

Then we went to the petting zoo.

The goats were on break, but Goose had a great time just watching them.

We then rode the train back just in time for our Safari Fast Pass! It was perfect, and I was excited that we would get to do the safari twice.

I think I am going to run out of picture space so I will continue on the next post.

Goose looks very satisfied with that cookie! I'm sorry Via Napoli was disappointing :(

The pictures of you and Goose dancing are so sweet :) Great Illuminations photos!

Tusker House looks like it was a great time! Great safari pictures! Aww Goose's reaction to the porcupine surgery is so precious.

I adore the picture of Goose from behind where he is walking into the sunshine. Absolutely perfect!!

Wonderful Safari pics! AK really is a beautiful place to photograph!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter