"How do you look so relaxed at Disney World" - Our May AoA adventure

I too wasn't a fan of Via Napoli on my last visit either. I think once you've had authentic Italian food (family recipes, from Rome, Tuscany, etc.) you're spoiled and there is always something just 'not quite the same'

My DS loves trains and we have spent lots of time watching the trains in Germany!

The only way I do TSM is to fast pass it, but what did I just read? If you don't redeem your FP you cannot select another even if the time window has expired? I just made my FP reservations last night and there were a few spots that I only elected 1 or 2 FP's - I know we didn't need the 3rd but they recommend one and stick it in your plan for you - do you know if that can be deleted?

PS - you're pics aren't showing up

Even though your pics we not showing up your HS day sounds great!

I find that HS kind of lends its self to aimlessly wondering around the park. I like it though, but that is kind of our touring style. I think some of the best rides are there, but not a lot for the little guys. It kind of annoys me the Disney jr stuff is there. I feel like it is really out of place. Can't really put into words why I feel this strongly...just do:rotfl2:

I couldn't see your pictures, but I think your day sounded great. I love Hollywood studios (although sometimes I want to still call it MGM)!

How cute is goose trying to conquer his fear?!? Even just attempting to go back is pretty brave if you ask me!

While I love almost everything at HS, there isn't much for the girls yet. I just keep telling myself that it will be more to enjoy with them when they're bigger. Somethings we did enjoy on the last trip--beauty and the beast show, little mermaid show, star tours, m&g's in magic of animation and playing in there, Disney jr and just walking around and enjoying the park. We've also done lunch at Hollywood and vine. The girls loved meeting the characters there! We also had fun at sci fi drive in (not the best food, but the atmosphere is fun) and 50s cafe(awesome food and atmosphere). Next trip we're doing the great movie ride for sure, hopefully getting to toy story finally and I might try taking one of the girls on RnR or ToT. We pretty much just go in a circle like at the other parts until we get over by pizza planet, then we wander a little. Did you see lightning McQueen and mater? They are over there too. Really, however you do it, I feel like you can't go wrong there!

yeah.. your bandwidth at photobucket is maxed out.. need to fix that so we can see pics ;)

Excuse the construction! It looks like a have to move things over to flickr or pay photobucket. This TR may be under construction a while until I get things transferred. Thanks for sticking around!

I just started reading but had to say I love the eye patch Mickey shirt!

DS wears a patch (over his glasses but used to wear those adhesives) and would flip over such a t-shirt. Where did you buy it?

I just started reading but had to say I love the eye patch Mickey shirt! DS wears a patch (over his glasses but used to wear those adhesives) and would flip over such a t-shirt. Where did you buy it?

A did friend made the graphic for me and I used printed it on iron on transfer paper from hobby lobby. Pm me your email and I will send you the graphic!

Maybe next year do toy story mania that's always fun. And like you said do Star Wars!

I am excited for Star Wars next year!

Hollywood studios just doesn't do anything for us. We now grab an early ADR at Hollywood and vine, eat and get to toy story mania to be first in line when the park opens. Ride it a few times then leave and go do another park or something.

Now that sounds like a good plan. How is the food at the vine? I haven't read much about that one.

I too wasn't a fan of Via Napoli on my last visit either. I think once you've had authentic Italian food (family recipes, from Rome, Tuscany, etc.) you're spoiled and there is always something just 'not quite the same'

My DS loves trains and we have spent lots of time watching the trains in Germany!

The only way I do TSM is to fast pass it, but what did I just read? If you don't redeem your FP you cannot select another even if the time window has expired? I just made my FP reservations last night and there were a few spots that I only elected 1 or 2 FP's - I know we didn't need the 3rd but they recommend one and stick it in your plan for you - do you know if that can be deleted?

PS - you're pics aren't showing up

I think you are right about Italian food, it just isn't the same.

Those trains are great!

We were told by a CM if you want a fourth at a different park you have to actually use the first 3. If you just want to change your 3rd one in the same park you can do that with the mobile app. I would go ahead and book 3 because you have a lot less to choose from once there.

Even though your pics we not showing up your HS day sounds great!

I find that HS kind of lends its self to aimlessly wondering around the park. I like it though, but that is kind of our touring style. I think some of the best rides are there, but not a lot for the little guys. It kind of annoys me the Disney jr stuff is there. I feel like it is really out of place. Can't really put into words why I feel this strongly...just do:rotfl2:

The Disney Jr. does seem a bit out of place, but at least it leaves something for the little guys. We might enjoy exploring it more when it is less hot and crowded. DH and I keep talking about how we feel we have barely scratched the surface of Disney World and we did so much more this year than last year!

I couldn't see your pictures, but I think your day sounded great. I love Hollywood studios (although sometimes I want to still call it MGM)!

How cute is goose trying to conquer his fear?!? Even just attempting to go back is pretty brave if you ask me!

While I love almost everything at HS, there isn't much for the girls yet. I just keep telling myself that it will be more to enjoy with them when they're bigger. Somethings we did enjoy on the last trip--beauty and the beast show, little mermaid show, star tours, m&g's in magic of animation and playing in there, Disney jr and just walking around and enjoying the park. We've also done lunch at Hollywood and vine. The girls loved meeting the characters there! We also had fun at sci fi drive in (not the best food, but the atmosphere is fun) and 50s cafe(awesome food and atmosphere). Next trip we're doing the great movie ride for sure, hopefully getting to toy story finally and I might try taking one of the girls on RnR or ToT. We pretty much just go in a circle like at the other parts until we get over by pizza planet, then we wander a little. Did you see lightning McQueen and mater? They are over there too. Really, however you do it, I feel like you can't go wrong there!

Sorry about the pictures, most of the HS ones are fixed, I am working on the others. Goose was so brave! I love how he challenges himself! I think we might try one of the TS next year, those all sound fun! We didn't see McQueen and Mater! We need to hit it earlier next year on a crowd free day and just explore!

Sorry again about the pictures. Photobucket says I maxed out my bandwith (can someone please explain that to me :confused3) and need to upgrade. I really don't want to pay for this service when there are other free ones out there, but I am pretty far in and switching all my photos over is a bit of a pain. I was kind of hoping once I switch so many over I would be using less bandwith and my photos would show back up, but that doesn't seem to be happening. In the meantime I may just move on, and transfer photos over later. You can see the older pictures on a mobile device, just not a computer. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. This is more than frustrating!

This will be a quick mostly picture-less update. I can't get the flickr app working on my phone and you all know I am having photobucket problems.

After Hollywood Studios we headed back to the resort for a long, much needed swim break. During this time I tried to book our 4th fast pass. I wasn't having any luck with the app so I made a visit to the concierge. It was a good thing too. I learned you cannot book the 4th fast pass with the app, you have to do it with the concierge or a fp+ kiosk in the park...good to know. There wasn't a lot available but we were able to get a 6:45 Malstrom, which worked with our plan.

We headed into epcot around 5:30. We didn't have dinner reservations, the plan was to snack around the park.

Our first stop was the La Cantina de San Angelo for some chicken nuggets for goose. We were able to get tortilla chips instead of fries which he loved! I have to admit we never really considered this place, (being from Texas and all), but the food looked really good! We may add this to our list.

We then headed to Norway so I could get a school bread. Which completely lived up to the hype. I did not take pictures, but here is a link to Disney Food blog review

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/02/13/review-school-bread-in-epcots-norway/

We definitely plan on getting another next year.

We then used our Maelstrom Fast Pass, that really is a fun ride! I am glad we rode it twice.

Next it was on to the Smokehouse stand in America.

Mr. Incredible got the Bacon, maple, pretzle cupcake, and the pulled pig slider.

Again for pictures check out this link.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...val-full-food-booth-menus-photos-and-reviews/

That pulled pork slider was AMAZING. Mr. Incredible both agreed it was the best thing we ate at Disney World. Goose must agree too because we gave him a bight and he stole the sandwich and finished it off. And this kid is not much of an eater!

After Goose stole the sandwich we decided to try the beef brisket. It was good, but nowhere near as good as the slider.

We listed to the band play a bit while we ate, and then headed to France.

I wanted to try some things at the Fleur de Lys booth.

I got the
the disney food blog Rotating Header Image
Fleur de Lys: 2014 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival

France’s L’Orangerie returns this year as Fleur de Lys with thirst-quenching adult slushes! Sample delicious dishes inspired by fresh produce and the traditional flavors of French haute cuisine.
Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys

2014 Menu

Gnocchi Parisien à la Provençal – Parisian-style Dumplings with Vegetables and Mushrooms
Confit de Canard, Pommes de Terre Sarladaise – Pulled Duck Confit with Garlic and Parsley Potatoes
Macaron à la Fleur d’ Oranger – Orange Blossom Macaron with White Chocolate Ganache (TRYit! Selection)
La Vie en Rose frozen slush – Vodka, Grey Goose Orange, St. Germain Liquor, and White and Red Cranberry Juice
Kir Imperial – Sparkling wine, Chambord and Black Raspberry Liquor
Rosé Pamplemousse Cocktail – Rosé Wine Mixed with Natural Grapefruit Syrup
Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 – Fruity White Beer with Citrus Notes

There’s one vegetarian entree on the menu.
Fleur de Lys Menu

Fleur de Lys Menu

The Duck Confit, the range Blossom Macaron, and the grey goose slush.

Again for photos check out their review.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/fleur-de-lys-2014-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival/

I had read the above review before going, and had high hopes for all these things, and was pretty disappointed. The duck tasted like it had been sitting a while, and it just didn't have a lot of flavor to it. The macaron on the other hand had an over powering flavor to it, but the grey goose slush was great!

We didn't stay in Epcot very late because we had a big day ahead of us. The next day was our last day, and we had it jam packed. So stay tuned! I will have pictures for that one!

i'm glad I just ate a very late lunch or all the food descriptions would be making me hungry! sounds like a good afternoon at epcot.

good to know about the 4th fast pass!

last day already?!?

Your DS is adorable! I love the pictures with the painting-like quality! I can't see your photos on the DIS, only by clicking them and it takes me to photobucket. Not sure if that is normal or not?

If you read my PTR you know we LOVE The Plaza. We ate there for lunch on our first day last year and had such a good experience we wanted to do the same.

I love the decor. If you are a fan of Art Nouveau and Alphonse Mucha you will love the decor. I didn't take much picture of the restaurant this meal but I did when we are there the second time (yes we like it that much) so stay tuned.

Alphonse Mucha is my favorite artist- and so of course, Art Nouveau is my favorite style of art and design! I'm going to have to add The Plaza to our list of must dos now! :love:

i'm glad I just ate a very late lunch or all the food descriptions would be making me hungry! sounds like a good afternoon at epcot. good to know about the 4th fast pass! last day already?!?

Last day Can you believe it! It is hard for me to get back into this trip report because I am so annoyed that I have to redo my photos!

Your DS is adorable! I love the pictures with the painting-like quality! I can't see your photos on the DIS, only by clicking them and it takes me to photobucket. Not sure if that is normal or not?

Thank you! Grrrr it is not normal! My photobucket maxed out apparently. I didn't know that was possible. I am trying to fix it.

We love it! I have some pictures to come!

Hi! I've been MIA (busy having a baby and being sad that we have no Disney trip planned until fall 2016) but I've ben missing Disney greatly and so decided to head back over to the DISboards and the first place I went was to see if you had a trip report and you do! I'm excited to read it and I LOVE seeing the shirt made. Yay!

Because kayemgi posted, your TR was on the first page. I was looking for a TR with little kid(s) because we leave in 20 days for our trip, and I have two little kids. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your TR. We are also staying at AoA for the first time so your TR got me really excited for our stay there. I also wanted to say your pictures are fabulous and your little boy is adorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter